Lanky Me Chasing 5 More lbs, 1 More Rep

Something I’m gonna implement in my next training phase will be heels super elevated (I’m gonna use my weightlifting shoes and a heel lift lol) high bar squats. I’ll keep the torso completely upright, descend under control until hammies squishing calves, pause a moment and then explode up = quad gains (hopefully)

Wouldn’t front squats be better for that though?

Fronties seemed more limited by upper back strength and comfort of the rack position to be able to hit my quads as much. With my heels on and a squat edge too I should be able to hit more vertical torso angles than front squatting and maintain loading on my quads by not letting hips shoot up

Will be waiting for your videos then. Haha

PS. Send nuds. hahaha

1 Like

Will do

1 Like

You want sore quads:
Try this:
Work up to 2 - 3 singles with your TM
AMRAP working weight and push it hard
AMRAP SSL push it
AMRAP FSL push it

That will make you quads sore, I had the same problem, this solved it, you’ll have sore quads for days, it’s very funny … Not.

Me doing that sounds like an injury waiting to happen…not as strong as you, mort :wink:

Don’t do it all the time.
Just once to feel the quads. Stay tight on all sets you’ll be fine.

1 Like

Injury is just weakness leaving the body

1 Like

Lol. PhilosophyPig :laughing:

2 Likes

Can’t seem to get my momentum going to the gym. Aside from occasional unavoidable disruptions in schedule, real reason is I can’t get my shit together in terms of sleep. Insomnia is pretty bad. I’m supposed to be at the gym 10 to 10:30am so that by around 1pm I’m already hitting the books for the whole day. Most days I just wake up 11am to 12 noon. This sucks.

2 Likes

let us work on sleep gains my friend. It may be tough and take a while but once you get your sleep sexy your gym gains and memory/productivity gains will be over 9000.

What do you know about sleep hygiene?

What does your sleeping habits look like right now?

What’s some small things you can do starting ASAP to work towards sexy sleep?

I’ve read it a hundred times, just can’t get the theoretical into the practical. The part I haven’t tried is taking actual supplements or non prescription meds for it. My friends say melatonin works, as well as lavender oil. I might try out anti histamines (the more sedating ones). Really tempted to do so but I don’t really want to touch on that yet.

I sleep at around 3 to 4 am. On bad days, maybe 5 or 6. Then wake up 11am or 12 noon. I’d really love to fall asleep by midnight and wake up at 9 or something close to that

Anyway, I still have a plan I’m going to try tonight. Let’s see how it goes

1 Like

ZMA helps my sleep massively, YMMV. In the past I’ve found many of the “normal” advice helps, although I’m sure you’ve heard it all before.

In my experience of manipulating sleep patterns it’s easier to keep yourself awake than to force yourself to sleep. So far so obvious. But it means that if you want to move your natural sleep time backwards, you’re far better off skipping a night of sleep right before you radically change your habits.

Lots of people know why and how to change but a lot less people do…

I’ll keep this in mind when I get back stateside. Having it shipped here will be a pain in the ass. Thanks for the tips!

@guineapig I’m pleased to say that I think I finally did something right last night. 12 midnight seems to be the sweet spot. Woke up 6, 7, and finally 8.30 so it’s a start. Any attempts to sleep before 11pm and I wake up at 2 am or 3 am and can’t sleep for around 2 to 3 hours, then everything’s messed up again. Will try to maintain this 12 midnight thing

1 Like

Nice. Now just one day at a time and before you know it you’ve built a goood habit. You should log your sleep… SleepWhang

1 Like

11 April 2019

Deadlift 65 x 5, 75 x 5, 85 kg x 10 (rep PR), FSL 3x5
Will post a video later

OHP 27.5 x 5, 30 x 5, 35 x 7, FSL 4 x 5
Side lateral raise 5kg x 3 x 10 supersetted with the OHP on the second set of OHP. Felt good. Time saved is also always good.

Seated cable face pulls 25kg x 10 x 3
Was only supposed to do 22.5kg, didn’t recount the plates. No wonder they felt heavy

Back extensions with 5kg plate 10 x 3

1 Like

I’ll roast your form

2 Likes

Roast away lol

I was sure that my form broke down at the 9th rep (could be earlier, still learning this kinesthetic awareness thing) but I still went for 10…cause…you know… it’s an even number. Lol

Watching the video now, seems like the lower back rounding is still there even before I hit 5 reps…

First set of FSL. Just light weight.

1 Like