Land of the Free

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]bcingu wrote:
You’re right, gentle swaying really interferes with ‘an atmosphere of calm, tranquility, and reverence’.[/quote]

They were hugging and kissing. That’s not fucking reverential behaviour. You don’t hug and kiss during the minutes silence on Veterens’ day. These turds were deliberately trying to provoke a response. None of the cops acted violently or with excessive force in any way.[/quote]

you can’t express your love for someone on the “moments of silence” hmmmmm. that to me is downright stupid. fuck the moment of silence. now, i could understand if someone was yelling and screaming loudly, but other than that, we should all be able to do whatever we want, during the freaken moment or silence or not. to me, its just another moment, no more special than the moment that just passed.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]bcingu wrote:
You’re right, gentle swaying really interferes with ‘an atmosphere of calm, tranquility, and reverence’.[/quote]

They were hugging and kissing. That’s not fucking reverential behaviour. You don’t hug and kiss during the minutes silence on Veterens’ day. These turds were deliberately trying to provoke a response. None of the cops acted violently or with excessive force in any way.[/quote]

How do you know it was on Veteran’s Day?

I’m guessing it wasn’t seeing how Veteran’s Day is in November and they’re all wearing shorts.

[quote]challer1 wrote:
I’m pretty sure they are at the Jefferson Memorial, where there is a precedent (Judge Rules Against Jefferson Memorial Dancer | DCist) that you aren’t supposed to be disruptive (i.e. dance). They knew exactly what sort of response they were going to get when they did that.[/quote]

That was a different incident. If you click on the link in the article you can see yourself

Here’s the article:

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/307284

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:
I wouldn’t be surprised if the whole thing is a put on. The cops aren’t even real I mean.

But if it is real, one the one hand I can say that the police there have too much power, but I can still be happy to see that douchy guy with the aviator sunglasses get thrown to the ground. The woman was annoying too.[/quote]

The Cops are real. They’re Federal ‘Park Police’. The Park Police even have their own SWAT teams. The dicks that were arrested were deliberately breaking the law and trying to get a response.[/quote]

If a man beats up his wife because she talked back at him, is it the fault of the wife?

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]bcingu wrote:

Lol this anti-love commentary coming from the SexMachine. I’d think you’d be up for love making any time, any place…

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]bcingu wrote:

I’m guessing it wasn’t seeing how Veteran’s Day is in November and they’re all wearing shorts.[/quote]

It wasn’t on Veterens’ Day. I was making a point about reverence. The minutes silence on Veterens’ Day is a reverential moment and hugging and kissing during it would not be reverential. In the same way hugging and kissing inside a monument to one of the founding fathers is also not reverential.

[quote]Erasmus wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:
I wouldn’t be surprised if the whole thing is a put on. The cops aren’t even real I mean.

But if it is real, one the one hand I can say that the police there have too much power, but I can still be happy to see that douchy guy with the aviator sunglasses get thrown to the ground. The woman was annoying too.[/quote]

The Cops are real. They’re Federal ‘Park Police’. The Park Police even have their own SWAT teams. The dicks that were arrested were deliberately breaking the law and trying to get a response.[/quote]

If a man beats up his wife because she talked back at him, is it the fault of the wife?
[/quote]

Depends what she said…why? Having trouble with the old lady? Give her a few slaps. Always works.

So, is reverence a law over there? The way I see it, you either feel like paying your respects to something or you don’t. As long as you’re not causing any harm to others, or even disturbing them significantly, then there’s absofuckinglutely no reason to be slammed to the ground, choked or cuffed by a bunch of dickless “park police”.

[quote]Gettnitdone wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]bcingu wrote:

Lol this anti-love commentary coming from the SexMachine. I’d think you’d be up for love making any time, any place…[/quote]

You’d think that based on what? My T-Nation forum name? Let’s forget that one. How is what I said ‘anti-love commentary’? Is expressing disapproval of someone eating donuts in church ‘anti-food commentary’? Skip that one too.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]Erasmus wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

[/quote]

Depends what she said…why? Having trouble with the old lady? Give her a few slaps. Always works.[/quote]

The man has perpetrated the larger evil, is capable of more evil and is thus more evil then the woman.
A couple of people dancing in a public space is less evil then arresting them, hitting them and throwing them on the ground.
i.e. non-violent activity vs violent activity
That are just my thoughts on it.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]bcingu wrote:

I’m guessing it wasn’t seeing how Veteran’s Day is in November and they’re all wearing shorts.[/quote]

It wasn’t on Veterens’ Day. I was making a point about reverence. The minutes silence on Veterens’ Day is a reverential moment and hugging and kissing during it would not be reverential. In the same way hugging and kissing inside a monument to one of the founding fathers is also not reverential.[/quote]

Those two things are not even close to similar.

The SexMachine goes to church…?

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]Daniel-San wrote:
So, is reverence a law over there? The way I see it, you either feel like paying your respects to something or you don’t. As long as you’re not causing any harm to others, or even disturbing them significantly, then there’s absofuckinglutely no reason to be slammed to the ground, choked or cuffed by a bunch of dickless “park police”.[/quote]

What if you not only ‘don’t feel like paying your respects to’ Thomas Jefferson, but in addition you feel like entering his monument and taking a metaphorical dump on him and everyone else there? Cause that’s what they fucking did. And that armed Federal Police Officer who protects citizens’ lives with his own, only slammed the guy to the ground after he refused to get down on his knees several times. It’s called ‘resisting arrest’ and ‘appropriate force’.[/quote]

That is assuming the authority of the police is just and moral.

Respect ma athoritah!

[quote]therajraj wrote:

Those two things are not even close to similar.

[/quote]

But you are unable or unwilling to say in what way they differ? There is a law requiring that ‘reverence’ not be broken within this monument. Don’t like the law? Don’t enter the monument. It’s a sacred place. Want to provoke Police officers, break the law, resist arrest and insult the memory of the founding fathers? Do it ANYWHERE other than inside a sacred monument built to honour the memory of Thomas Jefferson. Isn’t that enough freedom for you?

[quote]Erasmus wrote:

The man has perpetrated the larger evil, is capable of more evil and is thus more evil then the woman.
A couple of people dancing in a public space is less evil then arresting them, hitting them and throwing them on the ground.

[/quote]

Why was the violence innitiated? Because someone resisted arrest. What should Police officers do when someone resists arrest? Use appropriate force to arrest them. That’s what they did. Endy-fuck’n-story.

I think Thomas Jefferson would have actually supported the dancing, illegal or not. After all, you know, he was kind of big on freedom.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]Erasmus wrote:

[/quote]

Why was the violence innitiated? Because someone resisted arrest. What should Police officers do when someone resists arrest? Use appropriate force to arrest them. That’s what they did. Endy-fuck’n-story.[/quote]

Yes, physical violence began when the guys started acting like assholes, but they only started to act like that because a bunch of police officers felt like they needed to arrest a couple kissing, thus violating any rights a person might have. I mean, come on man, you can’t possibly say that makes any sense. But hey, if you feel that’s ok, good for you, I reckon you will live quite happilly when all hell breaks loose, and martial law and dictartoships once again become all the rage.

[quote]byukid wrote:
I think Thomas Jefferson would have actually supported the dancing, illegal or not. After all, you know, he was kind of big on freedom. [/quote]

‘Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will WITHIN LIMITS drawn around us by the equal rights of others’ - Thomas Jefferson