Lance Armstrong - 2 More Drug Allegations

Within the past 2 days, two of Lance Armstrong’s former teammates confessed to using EPO and have accused Lance of taking PED’s as well. Tyler Hamilton alleged he saw Lance actually use and refrigerate EPO. George Hincapie, another former teammate ( arguably he most trusted team mate )said the two shared PED’s during their tenure with team. The drug use almost seemed like a common occurence, not just within the pro peleton, but within the Postal Service team at the time. Tyler Hamilton’s interview will be on 60 minutes this Sunday.

Here is today’s article from Cyclingnews.com

Testimony adds weight to Hamilton’s confession

The news agency AP has reported that George Hincapie (BMC) has informed the FDA that he witnessed Lance Armstrong use performance enhancing drugs.

The claims come as part of an investigative report by 60 Minutes which also broke the news of Tyler Hamiltonâ??s confession for doping and several similar allegations against Lance Armstrong. Armstrong has denied all accusations levelled against him by Hamilton.

Hincapie rode in the US Postal colours from 1997 to 2004 with Armstrong, and was a teammate of Armstrong in each of his seven Tour de France victories. He is currently riding the Amgen Tour of California for BMC Racing.

CBS News has also reported that, “Hincapie testified that he and Armstrong supplied each other with the endurance-boosting substance EPO and discussed having used another banned substance, testosterone, to prepare for races.”

Cyclingnews attempted to contact both Hincapie and his BMC racing team but all calls went unanswered. He said on Twitter, “I can confirm to you I never spoke with 60 Minutes. I have no idea where they got their information.”

George Hincapieâ??s now former lawyer Zia F. Modabber told the Wall Street Journal last year that he had spoken to Novitzky on behalf of his client. At the time he refused to comment on the reports that Hincapie would speak directly with Novitzky after the Tour de France in 2010.

“My desire is to let George do his job with as few distractions as possible,” Modabber said at the time.

Armstrong’s spokesman Mark Fabiani would not comment on the story, saying “We have no way of knowing what is said to a grand jury or investigators, so we can’t comment on these anonymously-sourced reports.”

I’m not cynical but I basically assume all elite level athletes are on something.

Like the 100m sprinters. Some get caught, yet others that run faster times may turn up clean? I just think they somehow beat the test,

Floyd Landis redux. All these little irrelevant bitches trying to avoid impending obscurity. It doesn’t help that cycling is gay either.

Sure, Lance quite possibly used PEDs. Barry Bonds too. But guess what? They both regularly outperformed tons of other top athletes who were also using PEDs.

I think he probably did use something. It will never be proven though because he passed all his tests. It doesn’t help some of the guys accusing him lied about taking it too.

[quote]ericcartman wrote:
Sure, Lance quite possibly used PEDs. Barry Bonds too. But guess what? They both regularly outperformed tons of other top athletes who were also using PEDs.[/quote]

Don’t matter, when people hear the word steroids they think “ohhh he didn’t work hard for it, he just took roids which made him super good at biking and If I were take roids I would be just as good”

There is no way, no way in hell, absolutely, positively none, that someone would win the Tour de France even once, let alone several times without being doped to the gills.

That would be like a drug free Mr Olympia.

No wai!

Neva eva!

I hope I made my point.

Sure, Lance quite possibly used PEDs. Barry Bonds too. But guess what? They both regularly outperformed tons of other top athletes who were also using PEDs.[/quote]

This.

It’s fair if everyone else is doing it.

People are so oblivious to what goes on behind the scenes.

Squealers.

Simple as that.

Haters gonna hate.

[quote]gregron wrote:
Haters gonna hate.
[/quote]

QFT.

We just win.

[quote]gregron wrote:
Haters gonna hate.
[/quote]

Half off sale on Haterade at Costco, bitch!

The guy dominated the dirtiest sport in the world, in a way that no one has ever dominated before or since, all after overcoming cancer. Anyone who doesn’t think he’s as dirty as my avatar is a fool and is hereby irrelevant.

Haters gonna hate…

Lance Armstrong will always stand as one of the greatest athletes of all time.

Even if he comes out and admits to using PEDs, that won’t change a thing in my mind.

Defeating cancer, winning one of the most grueling sporting events in the world seven times, and being unbelievably philanthropically oriented. It doesn’t get much better than that.

…and taters gonna tate.

“I never got beat, I just got out milligrammed…”

• Former teammate of mine.

[quote]orion wrote:
There is no way, no way in hell, absolutely, positively none, that someone would win the Tour de France even once, let alone several times without being doped to the gills.

[/quote]

The Tour de France was first run in 1903. The earliest available steroid was what 1940-ish and even then was not widely discussed or used. I suspect that way over half of the guys who have ever completed the Tour or the Giro were totally drug free. By comparison Mr. Olympia started in the 1960’s. You think the strongmen prior to that era ALL had to be doin’ something to be big an strong? Come on.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
“I never got beat, I just got out milligrammed…”

• Former teammate of mine.[/quote]

I see that as a simple excuse for someone who lost.

Winners don’t need cop outs.