LaLanne, The Best Ever

Great guy. I loved his personality. It is very easy to see why he was so successful. Now here are a few quotes from him that I love. He was strong=, personable and funny.

“I can’t afford to die, it will wreck my image.”

“Now, I’m not as sexually active as I was when I was younger. But look at my wife – she’s still smiling!”

“Scales lie! You lose thirty pounds of muscle and you gain thirty pounds of fat and you weigh the same, right? Take that tape measure out. That won’t lie. Your waistline is your lifeline. It should be the same as it was when you were a young person.”

“Are you a suckling calf? Name one creature on earth that uses milk after it’s weaned. Man’s the only one. And man’s the only one who lives out only half his life span. A cow has four stomachs. You don’t. You can’t handle whole milk.”

“When I was younger, I drank a quart of blood a day for about six weeks. I’d get it at the slaughterhouse. I’d heard about those Masais, you know, those seven-foot African guys; they’d drink cattle blood for strength. Then one day a little clot got stuck in my throat and that was it for me.”

“Would you get your dog up every day, give him a cup of coffee, a doughnut, and a cigarette? Hell, no. You’d kill the damn dog.”

Those are few of my favorites. The man was full of wisdom and eager to share it with the world.

HE DRANK BLOOD???!?!?

(I mean I know it was cow blood…but still.)

as healthy as he ate, i wonder if the blood from where he got it was fda approved. do they fda approve blood only from a place like that? as much as i liked him, and by far he’s my favorite trainer, i do question some of those feats…

[quote]Nards wrote:
HE DRANK BLOOD???!?!?

(I mean I know it was cow blood…but still.)[/quote]

The great Paul Anderson was known to do the same! However massive quantities of milk was his staple.

[quote]In10s wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:
HE DRANK BLOOD???!?!?

(I mean I know it was cow blood…but still.)[/quote]

The great Paul Anderson was known to do the same! However massive quantities of milk was his staple.[/quote]
Raw meat/blood was popular with some bodybuilders in the '40s and '50s. I believe Vince Gironda was talking about the benefits of raw steak up into the '60s. 1949 Mr. America Armand Tanny was another well-known fan of raw eating.

And as LaLanne said, he only did it for a short while. For the majority of his life, he was an ovo-vegetarian (plus fish, which is an exemption I never understood), but still preached the benefits of raw eating.

Amazing feats indeed, I truly had no idea he held those types of records.

But drinking blood?! Ugh, that just put a nasty taste in my mouth. I’m just glad they tried all those things and confirmed/debunked most of the things so we don’t have to try them today.

What am I saying anyway? I’ve had black pudding and here in Taiwan I’ve eaten pig and duck’s blood.