Lagging Rear Delts?

Wondering if I can get your opinions on whether my rear delts are lagging?

Currently my program has one shoulder day but I was thinking maybe I should add rear delts again another day?

Thanks!

they don’t appear to lag, particularly, but you could add some sets in on back day if you wanted.

rear delts are one of those bodyparts that you can’t ever get “too big”

Unless they are lagging I will stick to the program and see how much I can get out of it. Its too easy for me to start over thinking things, tweaking things, adding things and changing things…thus looking for others opinions.

Thanks for your thoughts!

They dont appear to be lagging, and to me look quite prominent

however we could better assess with a full rear double bicep and rear relaxed pose, mirror selfies dont go too far in critical physique assessment, in my opinion.

Can someone post pics of developed rear delts and lacking?

It’s one of those parts that people always seem to emphasize online, but I don’t recall ever noticing it one way or another.

1 man. Mine are lagging quite a bit relatively speaking. My log has pics.

These look good and proportional to me

try hitting them first on your shoulder day, they look fine to me though but like yogi said, can’t have too big of rear delts

Based on the pics above, I don;'t think they’re lagging. Of course being a bit leaner might give a much clearer picture. IMO, your delts look fairly well balanced.

S

Thanks for the replies! I will keep on plugging away as I am now :slight_smile:
And yes I agree, proper pics would tell a better story as well as lower body fat!

No I think there is balanced development there. You could always throw in a set of lying floor rear delt raises during your current shoulder training workout.

The pic shows bent elbow at the bottom of the rep - I always keep straight for a superior stretch. If you haven’t done these before you’ll feel the DOMS in your rear delts the next day.

one arm rear delt lateral raises with a 2 second hold at contracted position.
it really makes my rear delts sore next day.

You’re overthinking things. Concentrate on lifting ever greater weights overhead and your muscles will develop as they should. Think about movement patterns rather than individual muscles.

Picking stuff up of off the floor and putting it overhead, carrying stuff over a distance, and squatting will produce a body capable of most atheletic endeavours. Some growth will be in delts some triceps, somes calves… the ratio is unimportant, because anything which makes you better for atheltic pursuits or a vocation will be balanced. Indiviudally focusing on a muscle requires subjective opinion, and the body is too complex to know for certain whether isolating a muscle will have an impact on performance.

Having said that, I’ve found One Arm Barbell Snatching fairly helpful for post delt. Bent Pressing exceptionally helpful! Absolutely nuts! With the Bent Press you can (with practice) press 2.5 times your best One Arm press, and due to the nature of the movemnt it demands alot of the post delts and the other shoulder joint stabilisers. If you do Bent Press, use a barbell if you can, it’ll allow you to handle greater weights. hat being said, this parapgrah is a distration… stick to your programme! If you change your training every five minutes you will never get good at anything.

^
grabs popcorn

[quote]MaazerSmiit wrote:
^
grabs popcorn[/quote]

Lol

While I do believe that a basic overall program will hit most bodyparts to some degree, when training for a specific aesthetic, ignoring isolation work, especially when compounds haven’t produced desired results, is a bad idea.

I had decent rear delts from doing plenty of compound back work (rowing), but they never came into contest winning shape until I started nailing them directly as well.

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:

[quote]MaazerSmiit wrote:
^
grabs popcorn[/quote]

Lol[/quote]

Haha, my mistake. Clicked on the wrong forum. I know nothing of what is needed to win a BB comp. Pass me the popcorn?

[quote]While I do believe that a basic overall program will hit most bodyparts to some degree, when training for a specific aesthetic, ignoring isolation work, especially when compounds haven’t produced desired results, is a bad idea.

I had decent rear delts from doing plenty of compound back work (rowing), but they never came into contest winning shape until I started nailing them directly as well.

S[/quote]

That being said, I’ve noticed that Bent Pressing has done more for my posterior delts then posterior flies. This maybe just an idiosyncrasy with the way I’m built. I don’t know if this is viable option for a BBer as I’m ignorant of what the judges like. Off the stage I think it is pleasing when a persons arms hang at their sides, if their hands are in front of the thighs, then perhaps there is an imbalance that needs to be fixed for long term health reasons.

Coyote Gal, listen to Stu. He’s actually got BBing experience!

what helped me a lot was doing face-pulls after every workout involving upper body
took away a lot of shoulder pain too