Lagging Lower Abdominal

My lower right abdominal doesn’t seem to be growing at the same rate if AT ALL, compared to my other abs. I have had lower back/hips problems on the same side (right) I don’t know if that has something to do with it but it’s really bringing down my physique is there anyone who know’s why this is and what I can do about it so I can have a symmetrically balanced mid-section?

*Attached is a random pic at the beach that shows exactly what I’m talking about.

*by the way, I’m working on my posture/lower back/hip issues… I bought Eric Cressey’s and Mike Robertson’s Magnificient Mobiliy DVD and it’s already helped aleviate some pain in just a couple of days.

That might help.

Your “lower right abdominal” isn’t growing as fast as your “other abs?” You’re asking about this, and you’re not an '09er?

This is a serious question… Could a compressed lower back disc or a pinched nerve lead to abdominal development imbalances? I have had a minor case of siatic and back problems on and off for some time. These issues are on my lower right side of the back… My lower right abdominal seems to have completely shut-down on me.

[quote]LilDaDDyDreW wrote:
This is a serious question… Could a compressed lower back disc or a pinched nerve lead to abdominal development imbalances? I have had a minor case of siatic and back problems on and off for some time. These issues are on my lower right side of the back… My lower right abdominal seems to have completely shut-down on me.

[/quote]
Yes…your back issues could lead to recruitment/favoring problems.
My concern is your more worried about the appearnce of your lower right side ab, than you are about your back. Address your structual deficiencies first and your cosmetic issues will be easier to deal with.

I was under the impression the “abs” is one muscle, not 6-8 separate ones. How can someone conceivably not be recruiting the lower right portion of their abs? I could see the whole right side not being recruited very well, but it doesn’t make sense that only a section of a length of muscle fibers wouldn’t be contracting.

[quote]Ronsauce wrote:
I was under the impression the “abs” is one muscle, not 6-8 separate ones. How can someone conceivably not be recruiting the lower right portion of their abs? I could see the whole right side not being recruited very well, but it doesn’t make sense that only a section of a length of muscle fibers wouldn’t be contracting.[/quote]

Bingo.

But you didn’t think the thread would end there, did you?

hahah nice shorts, america fuck yeah!

[quote]Ronsauce wrote:
Your “lower right abdominal” isn’t growing as fast as your “other abs?” You’re asking about this, and you’re not an '09er?

[/quote]

I can’t wait for '10
REVENGE!

Muscles are innervated by nerves. If you damage a nerve you’ll decrease your ability to recruit that muscle. T7 to T12 innervate your abs. Fix your sciatica and stop acting like a…

If you suspect an injured back is the cause of less abdominal recruitment, then I have only 1 question to ask:

Consulting T-Nation > Consulting a Qualified Professional ???

I can’t take it anymore.

This whole thread is a poorly veiled brag.

OP, great progress, you look very good. You got super lean. How did you do in your show? I would imagine well.

Do you want to share your training tips and diet with us?

/e-BJ

Man, you look good.

It looks to me like your abs are just off center. PS nice leg development, upper body could use some more work.