Lagging Chest

[quote]Yogi wrote:
not everyone agrees but I actually think that decline movements are the best for building your chest. I do like 70 per cent of my chest movement on a decline now and it’s never looked better[/quote]

I wish more people would consider this. I feel the only time I was getting my chest to catch up was with lots of Decline work, and I haven’t been able to emulate that at my home gym, which is the only thing I’ve missed from a commercial gym.

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:
not everyone agrees but I actually think that decline movements are the best for building your chest. I do like 70 per cent of my chest movement on a decline now and it’s never looked better[/quote]

I wish more people would consider this. I feel the only time I was getting my chest to catch up was with lots of Decline work, and I haven’t been able to emulate that at my home gym, which is the only thing I’ve missed from a commercial gym.[/quote]
If you have a bench you could put a couple plates under the bottom to create a slight angle decline. Depends how low your bench is to the ground though, you obviously don’t want your feet dangling.

I’ve been using slight angles ever since I read one of JM’s articles and I haven’t gone back to the normal large angles.

[quote]The-German wrote:

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

I wish more people would consider this. I feel the only time I was getting my chest to catch up was with lots of Decline work, and I haven’t been able to emulate that at my home gym, which is the only thing I’ve missed from a commercial gym.[/quote]
If you have a bench you could put a couple plates under the bottom to create a slight angle decline. Depends how low your bench is to the ground though, you obviously don’t want your feet dangling.

I’ve been using slight angles ever since I read one of JM’s articles and I haven’t gone back to the normal large angles.[/quote]

My Bench has a ‘decline’ setting, it’s just difficult for me to really get ‘tight’ with it, or not slowly slide down once I get sweaty. It’s only with the ‘foot’ attachment at most gyms that I was able to lock myself in and just press away

I’d highly recommend IFBB Pro Ben Pakulski’s M140 chest routine, small angle adjustments and proper TUT makes for a great chest building workout. I’m not just talking bs here, I’m speaking from experience. My chest went from being a weak point to being way more dense and defined.

The best way to increse chesst mass is 2 just work harder and lfit heavier. I do 500 push ups every morning, then do push ups during commercial breaks. Now i have huge pecs. Try it man! You should even max out sometimes.

Declines,dips,pec dec machine,and push ups.These all work great.After a career in the Marine Corps,I can tell you that ive done my share of push ups and have worked great for my overall chest development and strength.

Also,the key is to always change things up brother.Exercises,reps,sets,weights,rest periods,exercise set up,etc.Its always about keeping your muscles guessing.

Believe me I realize there’s ALOT more to this game than numbers, but it’s worth reiterating that he’s pressing 80kg, i.e. 175lb for 4 sets of 10. Your chest is not lagging, you just need to keep progressing.

[quote]jskrabac wrote:
Believe me I realize there’s ALOT more to this game than numbers, but it’s worth reiterating that he’s pressing 80kg, i.e. 175lb for 4 sets of 10. Your chest is not lagging, you just need to keep progressing. [/quote]

yep, you need to be lifting heavier. Follow something closer to a 5/3/1 or a 5x5 routine, something to really load the weight. You could also do partials past your 1-rep max for about 3 weeks to get stronger. I have a lagging stubborn chest too, it has to be shocked into growth.

Do decline benching, flat and incline is all delts for you. Getting strong on decline press will make your chest grow like nothing else.

[quote]Yogi wrote:

For me its dips. If you look at the angles dips are very similar to decline bench variations

[quote]Facepalm_Death wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

For me its dips. If you look at the angles dips are very similar to decline bench variations
[/quote]

absolutely, they’re too hard on my shoulders, unfortunately, or I’d be all over them.

Just to echo what’s already been said:

Maximum recruitment of the pecs has been the key for me. It took a lot of guidance and attention to keep my shoulders back during presses, flies, etc. I’ve moved almost completely away from bench press and now like dumbbell presses with a chest fly pre-exhaust.

I’ve also found skull crushers with an emphasis on chest contraction has helped. I like to stagger them in between dumbbell press sets.

Try ending a chest day with bench presses on a very light weight. Good for the ego.

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

Phil Hernon thinks so too.