Lagging Body Part---Triceps

I don’t do much (if any) isolation work. Almost use exclusively compound lifts such as squat, dead, bench press, dips, chins, push press, etc.

Anyway, I noticed I have one lagging bodypart and it is in my triceps. I don’t know the names of all the heads and I am no bodybuilder so I am not concerned about symentry. But, I do feel if I bring this up, it can only help me get bigger and stronger (my goal). It is not the head near the elbow and not the outside horseshoe head. It is the one high and inside (nearest my armpit).

I am considering adding an isolation movement to address this weak area, but I can’t figure out the best movement. Ideas?

im not too sure how you can have lagging triceps when you bench and do dips…

Overhead extension

Tricep Cable Pressdowns!!

SKULLCRUSHERS!

STANDING SKULLCRUSHERS!

WEIGHTED DIPS!

DO IT NOW!

Agree with Beast, do some skull crushers and dips. Some bench too. Skull crushers are pretty solid if your just after one movement to do

Tricep Pushdowns work amazing for me.

And yes, Prof X, I know I’m small so anything will work for me :wink:

One hand dumbbell overhead extensions.

skull crushers. also work on close grip bench.

Sounds like you’re trying to hit the lateral head. Overhead dumbell extensions and reverse grip pushdowns is what works for me.

Guys I am not lying…I do a TON of dips. I am pretty strong for my size (175lbs) and can hit 85 lbs dumbbell for 5x5 full extension dips. Bench is not great but decent 295x5, 225x14. But for some reason even when I flex my triceps as hard as i can that inside head is squishy. The other two funny contract but I cant isolate that one. And it just doesnt seem to be as developed as the rest of my triceps. I just cant figure out what motion focuses on that particular muscle.

[quote]TheSwami44 wrote:
Guys I am not lying…I do a TON of dips. I am pretty strong for my size (175lbs) and can hit 85 lbs dumbbells for 5x5 full extension dips. Bench is not great but decent 295x5, 225x14. But for some reason even when I flex my triceps as hard as i can that inside head is squishy. The other two funny contract but I cant isolate that one. And it just doesnt seem to be as developed as the rest of my triceps. I just cant figure out what motion focuses on that particular muscle.[/quote]

I find that the inner head doesn’t get worked until you do some form of overhead extension. I think the stretch of bringing your arms back is what recruits the long (inner) head. My favorite is seated two arm/one dumbbell extensions behind the head.

I never felt like I got a full triceps workout from just dips, pushdowns or CGBP.

i really enjoy tricep pushdowns

Skullcrush, 6x6 reps

PJR pullovers toaste my triceps like nothing else.

surely some stats would be good? then it could be decided if u do actually have lagging triceps or u completely lag

close grip bench press

Dumbell overhead extensions. Get an incline bench or sit backwards on a preacher bench, use 2 hands, put the dumbell behind your head and bend and straighten your elbows. Repeat. This will blast the triceps up high and inside.

[quote]Wilba wrote:
Dumbell overhead extensions. Get an incline bench or sit backwards on a preacher bench, use 2 hands, put the dumbell behind your head and bend and straighten your elbows. Repeat. This will blast the triceps up high and inside.[/quote]

and wreck ur elbows in a couple of sessions if u go heavy enough :wink:

Pullover & press with the curl bar.

[quote]Myosin wrote:
Pullover & press with the curl bar. [/quote]

This is an excellent movement