Good day, Coach Thibs.
I'm trying to set up a UBLB training split, but I consider myself a torso dominant lifter so my delts, arms (and traps too) are lagging compared to chest and back. I can only lift 3x week, so I'm going with an UB-LB-UB template. Can't add another LB day because I already do acrobatics so I don't want to further tax my legs.
My first UB day is like so:
- Flat Bench + Weighted Chins (3-4 sets)
- Incline DB Press + Rows (3-4 sets)
- Flies + Shrugs (3 sets)
- Tri 1 + Bi 1 (2 sets)
- Tri 2 + Bi 2 (2 sets)
- Front Delts + Side Delts (2-3 sets)
My second UB day would be on Saturday. For me, this means that I can train in the morning and potentially twice on this day (maybe something like Chest/Back morning, Arms evening).
I'm considering the follow solutions in order to bring up my arms:
1) Twice a day on Saturday like I said earlier, in order to have an arms only workout
2) Pre-exhaust training on Saturday, starting with say Banded Close Grip Press + Supinated Grip Chinups (compound movement variations that target arms better), then arms isolation, then compounds for chest and back.
3) Regular UB day, maybe only one superset for torso (but done fresh, at the start) and then maybe an extra superset for arms.
Coach, would you suggest me one of these solutions? Or a different one?
Thanks a lot, have a nice day.