LaFlammes Log

push

bench
warmups
3x10 @200 slow and controlled

chain dips (ring style) added weight today 3x10 @+15lbs

chain pushups elevated feet and lowered chain to hit upper chest 3x15 (add weight next time)

diamond pushup dead stop at bottom 3x12

tri extension 2x10 increasing weight every set until third then strip set on third set

post workout half gallon of decaffeinated green tea on ice with 2 tbsp white sugar mixed in to chase 5 g creatine monohydrate and protien shake +5g glutamine

Pad work 6x3 minute rounds, kept it really basic room mates first time working pads hes doing really well and working very hard

first round jab singles and doubles

2nd jab cross

3rd worked the left hook at various ranges and the 1,2,3

4th half 1,2,3, half 1,2,3,2

5th defensive drill from my old gym cover up to protect from two light hooks from pad holder counter with left and right uppercut

6th calling out combinations. for my partner we kept it to 1 2 3. for myself still really basic stuff 1123 1232 1234 123 etc

discussed a good slow moving progression 3x a week gradually increasing in complexity with the main training focus on fluidity and later speed

not much time today, room mates had the fuckaround gang over last night playin heehaw so i couldnt fall asleep till late

hit my 6 rounds of skipping

now im off to class and immediately after off to boxing

right after that il come back home and hit a back workout

shitty showing at boxing something was tearing up my gut and i had a legitimate fear of explosive duecing making trunk rotation a less than pleasant process

howver finished boxing came home ate a turkey leg and some quinuoa and immediatly hit a back workout

pullups 50 10,10,10,5,5,5,5,

bent row 3x10 @ 145

single arm lat pulldown with chain as handle 3x10 i like how these tear up the palm i hope to go pullups on them soon

bicep work

today woke up and did 5x3 minute rounds of skipping before breakfast shin splints flaring up

ate and hit a shoulder workout

warmup sets
military press strict form 3x10 @125

dips weighted 30 lbs 15/10/15

upright row 5x5 135,135,135,125,125

standing single arm arnold press 3x10 per arm 40 lbs

lateral raise with chaines 3x12
super setted with abs

crunches 1x150

hanging leg straight leg raise 1x15

after my night class i will do 6 rounds of pad work

today fridays my sweet sweet day off from class

boxing felt real good today stamina is improving again and my body composition is getting back where i want it

i decided to pass on this mornings skipping i made the mistake of going hard skipping on concrete one to many times and have aggrovated the hell out of my shin splints… something with hasnt bothered me since early high school so il stick to skipping on the grappling mats for now

after i got home from boxing i ate a sandwich container of quinuoa and jumped into a leg workout

overhead squat 3x10 @ 125 (light but for the sake of my shoulders im going to progress on this lift slowly)

romanian deadlift 3x10 @185

front squat 5x5 @185 again super easy i really need to buy more plates

lunges xvest 3x10 per leg 60 lbs

ab, bunny hop, thai squat circuit to finish

started working my upright rows again nothing gets me feeling stronger

improving on volume for my weighted dips tomorrow depending on how hard boxing is im gonna do a few sets with my x vest and my chains to total 90 lbs the next step then since i busted my dip belt long ago in my heavily bulked phase im gonna use the d rings on the vest to chain plates to myself

yesterday i boxed and took er easy the ufc fights snuck up on me so i ran out and pushed chest till sunday

sunday chest

bench warm up

bench 200 12,10,11

chain dips 10,10,12 all sets with added 15 lbs posting vid soon next time i jump to 20 and so on

explosive pushup 10.15,15

skull crusher 3x8 @75 lbs

suppinated cable tri extension

weighing in at just over 180 lbs il be back to 195 in no time

ive made the decision to force myself to go to the school gym for leg training until i get more weight. its time to stop fuckin around with legs. the squat is what made me a good grappler/wrestler so the squat is what i will return to

time to start chasing the 500 lb squat again

current best is 435

today i went to boxing, the usual there felt good got home and did a back day after downing a can of tuna and a ton of soda crackers. i dont know why but soda crackers have recently become my main vice. my hungry muscles love the carbs.

back

10 pullups on chains

40 more pullups on regular bar

bent over row 3x12 @ 145

single arm pull down using chain as a handle 3x10 per arm

bicep work

tomorrow i celebrate my birthday, that means truly gluttonous eating and a good shoulder workout, it also means im gonna have the cash for a new olympic bar and 300 more pounds of weight

yesterday did shoulders

military press
5x95
5x115
5x125
5x135
5x145

upright row super set with bent rear delt raise

8x135/10x10 lbs per hand/fallowing sets performed as 10 of 125

javelin press 3x10 per arm 45 lbs

lateral raise 100x 10 per hand

today i dropped some birthday cash at fitness depot

picked up some Olympic bumper plates and a new Olympic bar and some oly plate sized db handles with 4 heavy duty collars i now have a fucking sweet home gym

today boxing warmed up with a 2 k run, usual boxing class im findi8ng it harder to stay positive in this environment but its better than not training at all

came home and did legs took it slow

5x135
5x185
3x235
3x10 @275 real easy il go to 315 next time but im going to try and be smart and ease back into it slow

stiff leg deadlift
3x10@ 185 again should have gone heavier

dicked around and deadlifted 135x10 just to get the feel for deadlifting from 45 lb plates again

did a set of good mornings but my lower back was toast

did body weight leg circuit of lunges bunny hops and thai squats 3 times over and then did ab work now i goin back down to hit the foam roller

benched today first day with the new bar

135x5
185x5
205x3
220x1
250x1
270x1

after 270 went up rehttp://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/blog_sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_log/laflammes_log?id=5481119&pageNo=0#bottomally easy I got excited having not gone up this high in about a year I went for 305 and failed (I bench in a squat rack so it was no worry) I looked at the video I took and realized the mistakes I accidently narrowed my grip by about 2 inches per hand and let gravity lower the bar instead of pulling it down. im going to do some rep work and shoot for 300 again at the end of February

after that I did 2x10 of 185 I was surprised how much the heavier benching taxed me

then I did guillotine presses for 3x10 @135

fallowed up with single arm db bench press at 60 lbs 3x10 per arm

finished it with cable tri extensions

tomorrow I do back before heading to the hell that is Toronto for a couple days

chest day before boxing because fuck it

bench 45x5
135x5
185x5

2x12 @205 (up to 225 for hopefully 8 next time)

guillotine press 3x10 @ 145

one arm bench press 3x10 per arm @ 65 lbs

skull crushers

suppinated tri extension

bench testing

BACK DAY

pullups 5x10 seeing a steady increase here

pendlay row 3x10 @145 these have become my favorite back exercise

close grip lat pulldown on plate loaded single pully shit i own 3x10@ 125

ez Bar curl 3x10 @80

db curls 35lbs 3x10

shitty shoulder session after boxing yesterday didnt have anything in the tank

military press
5x45 5x95 3x5@135

db upright rows

shrugs supersetted with front raises supper setted with lateral raises couldnt lift anything good so i decided to work my lactic acid threshold

today i squated pressed for time with my second mid term in 24 hours coming up

squat various warmup cant remember and finished with 1x10 at 340 it was enough for how im feeling

over the weekend

bench various warmup

225x6 x8 x9 next time i think il shoot for 2of 10

guillotine press 3x10 @135

explosive pushups 3x10 (sake of speed, working out with room mate)

cable and db tri extension

today back

5x10 pullups

deadlift worked upto 340 felt like shit for a number of reasons decided to do some lower sets

pendlay row 150 3x10

ez and db curl 80 and 35 respectively

foam roller work

some squatting need to fix camera angle apparently

Testing 10 rep squat - YouTube

ok i havnt updated in a while so il go back 3 days

skipped 6 rounds went to and quit boxing later that night came home and worked on my deadlift kept it light worked up to 5x5 at 315

next day i did a push day skipped for warm up 3 rounds then my bench felt weak from the deads worked up to one set of 9 at 225 after which i was fried and only managed 6 more on the next set

repped 185 x10 just to get some volume

guillotine press 140 3x10

1 arm db bench press 3x10 @65 lbs

3x10 explosive pushups

tricep extensions

today i did back started with pullups i think im putting on weight because they were damn hard today only managed 4x10

pendlay rows 150 3x10

1 arm lat pulldown cable machine 2x10

strait arm cable pull over 2x10

various bicep work i wont post because im ashamed of how much curling i did

225 bench - YouTube

my disappointing bench failure

my slow gritty 10 rep squat at 340

yesterday did shoulders injury is still preventing military press and push press and hang cleans so i did 10x10 dips super setted with various shoulder and trap movements. started with 3x10 lateral raise then2x10 rear delt raise, db upright row and shrugs.

today i wanted to do legs but was still unable to squat again with the shoulder so i deadlifted 5x5 or maybe 6x5 i lost count at 325. i should be doing more but im ramping up slowly to buy myself some time until i can aford more weight i only have 340 right now.

front squat 3x10 @ 135

and again shameful bicep isolation 3x10 ex bar curl at 85 fallowed by 3x10 close grip ez curl at 75 lbs