Ladies and Thanksgiving Dinner

[quote]VanderLaan wrote:
jchenky wrote:
Hmm see I LOVE duck. I enjoy chicken and turkey. The three together just makes my mouth water but is it actually that good?

I’ll have to try it myself I suppose.

I would think that the hard part would be getting it to cook evenly and not dry out. Here is a step by step tutorial. Let me know if you need any ducks. I could drop a few greenheads off…

Turducken Recipe [/quote]

Oh yeah? You’ll come by to Canada and drop some off? Please feel free to do so.

I’m going to make my sister impregnated with my pure-blood progeny on Thanksgiving.

'Cause that’s what real men do.

[quote]VanderLaan wrote:
jchenky wrote:
Has anyone ever tried Turducken?

I have a duck hunting buddy that grew up in Louisiana and swore that turducken was a gift from God. tried one from a catalog and it was the most awful pile of shit that ever came out of an oven. My buddy cooked one and we ate it while watching football on new year’s day. His was pretty damn good. Not sure that it was worth the effort, but it was pretty tasty. If you decide to try it, you can score frozen turkeys pretty cheap right after Thanksgiving. Find someone that hunts ducks and they will often give you a bird (or a limit) for nothing to get under the possession limit.

From Wikipedia:

A Turducken is a dish consisting of a partially de-boned turkey stuffed with a de-boned duck, which itself is stuffed with a small de-boned chicken. The thoracic cavity of the chicken and the rest of the gaps are filled with, at the very least, a highly seasoned breadcrumb mixture or sausage meat, although some versions have a different stuffing for each bird.

The result is a relatively solid, albeit layered, piece of poultry, suitable for cooking by braising, roasting, grilling, or barbecuing.
[/quote]

I have heard that you can put a Cornish hen inside the chicken, making it 4 birds total.

[quote]Vicomte wrote:
I’m going to make my sister impregnated with my pure-blood progeny on Thanksgiving.

'Cause that’s what real men do.[/quote]

You’re going to do what to your sister?

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
sluicy wrote:
My grandmother cooks everything (for 10-20 people!) and I do not have to do anything to keep my man happy except mix his old-fashioneds just right.

True words from a genuine woman. Your male is one lucky man!

[/quote]

Well, thank you, but my grandmother is the alpha woman of all holidays. I don’t know how she does it but she turns out an incredible feast for the 3 generations with utter elegance and good humor. I’m talking, the best turkey, the best stuffing, the best homemade cranberry sauce, the best giblet gravy, the best pies (mince and pumpkin and pecan and apple) I have ever tasted. Bar none. And she makes it look so effortless. The rest of us drink champagne and set the table and pick out music and do other really hard stuff like that.

[quote]elano wrote:
Vicomte wrote:

You’re going to do what to your sister?[/quote]

x2

[quote]jchenky wrote:
elano wrote:
Vicomte wrote:

x2

[/quote]

Can’t you people detect mocking irony anymore? I don’t even have a sister.

I’m sure HH got it.

[quote]Vicomte wrote:
jchenky wrote:
elano wrote:
Vicomte wrote:

x2

Can’t you people detect mocking irony anymore? I don’t even have a sister.

I’m sure HH got it.[/quote]

I found it humorous.

[quote]sluicy wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
sluicy wrote:
My grandmother cooks everything (for 10-20 people!) and I do not have to do anything to keep my man happy except mix his old-fashioneds just right.

True words from a genuine woman. Your male is one lucky man!

Well, thank you, but my grandmother is the alpha woman of all holidays. I don’t know how she does it but she turns out an incredible feast for the 3 generations with utter elegance and good humor. I’m talking, the best turkey, the best stuffing, the best homemade cranberry sauce, the best giblet gravy, the best pies (mince and pumpkin and pecan and apple) I have ever tasted. Bar none. And she makes it look so effortless. The rest of us drink champagne and set the table and pick out music and do other really hard stuff like that. [/quote]

Very cool. I suspect that you are all very happy and a big part of that is because you’re following nature…women loving and giving (but not subservient) and men aggressive and productive.

My mother-in-law (married to the same man for 52 years) sounds a lot like your grandmother.

My grandma buys pies from the local bakery, takes them out and hides the packaging, puts them in her own pie pans, sticks them in a warm oven and pulls them out just as guests start arriving. My mom caught her once about 20 years back and sure enough, every year you can find the bakery boxes in the trash can in the garage. We all pretend we don’t know. And everyone is happy. :wink:

[quote]theAnj wrote:
My grandma buys pies from the local bakery, takes them out and hides the packaging, puts them in her own pie pans, sticks them in a warm oven and pulls them out just as guests start arriving. My mom caught her once about 20 years back and sure enough, every year you can find the bakery boxes in the trash can in the garage. We all pretend we don’t know. And everyone is happy. ;)[/quote]

What else do y’all pretend about?

[quote]sluicy wrote:
I have heard that you can put a Cornish hen inside the chicken, making it 4 birds total.[/quote]

I have heard you can put a hard boiled grouse egg inside the Cornish hen making it 5 birds total.