Ladies and Thanksgiving Dinner

In our family, we go out to eat at the Country Cookin’ Buffet. Nobody cooks, nobody cleans, and everyone leaves happy and stuffed.

[quote]Christine wrote:
I’m wearing this.[/quote]

Approved and duly noted.

Has anyone ever tried Turducken?

[quote]Kruiser wrote:
You have WAY too much time on your hands HH!

Any other hobbies these days besides stirring up trouble on internet forums???[/quote]

Skiing season hasn’t started yet.

I know turds, but what are ucken?

[quote]jchenky wrote:
Has anyone ever tried Turducken?[/quote]

No, no one has.

I usually try to stay out of the kitchen during holidays. Far to many people and I just get in the way. Normally I wash all the dishes and put everything away afterwards. I think it’s a good trade off.

[quote]Christine wrote:
I’m wearing this.[/quote]

Fishnet stockings missing.

Sorry to all if I’m an old-fashioned guy. My wife loves it and she’s a prof at a university. I think most women love a man who acts like a man and not a woman with a penis.

Men have testosterone. Men are SUPPOSED to be dominant. Not abusive of course, but dominant.

[quote]jchenky wrote:

That’s what I do every time the shit starts flying…

8^D

[quote]Kruiser wrote:
jchenky wrote:

8^D

[/quote]

haha

oh god that really shouldn’t have made me laugh but it did!

My grandmother cooks everything (for 10-20 people!) and I do not have to do anything to keep my man happy except mix his old-fashioneds just right.

[quote]jchenky wrote:

I have a duck hunting buddy that grew up in Louisiana and swore that turducken was a gift from God. tried one from a catalog and it was the most awful pile of shit that ever came out of an oven. My buddy cooked one and we ate it while watching football on new year’s day. His was pretty damn good. Not sure that it was worth the effort, but it was pretty tasty. If you decide to try it, you can score frozen turkeys pretty cheap right after Thanksgiving. Find someone that hunts ducks and they will often give you a bird (or a limit) for nothing to get under the possession limit.

From Wikipedia:

A Turducken is a dish consisting of a partially de-boned turkey stuffed with a de-boned duck, which itself is stuffed with a small de-boned chicken. The thoracic cavity of the chicken and the rest of the gaps are filled with, at the very least, a highly seasoned breadcrumb mixture or sausage meat, although some versions have a different stuffing for each bird.

The result is a relatively solid, albeit layered, piece of poultry, suitable for cooking by braising, roasting, grilling, or barbecuing.

[quote]VanderLaan wrote:
jchenky wrote:

I have a duck hunting buddy that grew up in Louisiana and swore that turducken was a gift from God. tried one from a catalog and it was the most awful pile of shit that ever came out of an oven. My buddy cooked one and we ate it while watching football on new year’s day. His was pretty damn good. Not sure that it was worth the effort, but it was pretty tasty. If you decide to try it, you can score frozen turkeys pretty cheap right after Thanksgiving. Find someone that hunts ducks and they will often give you a bird (or a limit) for nothing to get under the possession limit.

From Wikipedia:

A Turducken is a dish consisting of a partially de-boned turkey stuffed with a de-boned duck, which itself is stuffed with a small de-boned chicken. The thoracic cavity of the chicken and the rest of the gaps are filled with, at the very least, a highly seasoned breadcrumb mixture or sausage meat, although some versions have a different stuffing for each bird.

The result is a relatively solid, albeit layered, piece of poultry, suitable for cooking by braising, roasting, grilling, or barbecuing.
[/quote]

Hmm see I LOVE duck. I enjoy chicken and turkey. The three together just makes my mouth water but is it actually that good?

I’ll have to try it myself I suppose.

My favorite line from Eat Drink Man Woman:

“The kitchen is no place for a woman.”

[quote]Kruiser wrote:
jchenky wrote:

8^D

[/quote]

HAHAHA That right there is some funny stuff.

[quote]sluicy wrote:
My grandmother cooks everything (for 10-20 people!) and I do not have to do anything to keep my man happy except mix his old-fashioneds just right.[/quote]

True words from a genuine woman. Your male is one lucky man!

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

Men have testosterone. Men are SUPPOSED to be dominant. Not abusive of course, but dominant.

[/quote]

Women have testosterone, too. After a good meal, prepared by a woman dressed in an apron in the kitchen, lots of men just love to be abused in every way possible by a dominant female dressed in leather in the bedroom.

I’ve got a whip and a riding crop. Bend over.

[quote]jchenky wrote:

Yes, it’s awesome.

I’m taking She Say and the Saysters out on Thanksgiving. It’s the only way to go.

Weap before my menu (which includes all you can drink chamapagne)

Thanksgiving Buffet Menu
To Start

Butternut Squash and crab bisque

Mixed Greens with Honey Cider Vianigrette, frosted pecans and maytag blue cheese.

Sauteed shrimp and proscuitto in grand marnier butter sauce

Smoked Seafood Platter

Crab Crepes with tomato cream sauce

Anti pasta tray

Selection of Main Course

Roast Turkey and Gravy

Roast beed au jus

Crab Stuffed Rockfish

Mashed Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes & Wild Rice Pilaf

Green Beans, Spaghetti Squash, Roasted Zucchini Ragout, Herb Stuffing & Sausage Stuffing

Bread, Rolls & Whipped butter

Dessert

Pumpkin Pie

Pecan Pie

Chocolate Ganache Cake

Apple Crisp

Cheese Cake

Fresh Berries

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Women have testosterone, too. After a good meal, prepared by a woman dressed in an apron in the kitchen, lots of men just love to be abused in every way possible by a dominant female dressed in leather in the bedroom.

I’ve got a whip and a riding crop. Bend over.[/quote]

I am your Seabiscuit…

[quote]jchenky wrote:

I bought and made one once for a New Years celebration. It was a while ago but I know it was a big hit and I wanted to make it again. I remember it took longer to cook then I thought it shold have and it was weird cutting it as there were no bones so you could just slice through it.

[quote]jchenky wrote:
Hmm see I LOVE duck. I enjoy chicken and turkey. The three together just makes my mouth water but is it actually that good?

I’ll have to try it myself I suppose.
[/quote]

I would think that the hard part would be getting it to cook evenly and not dry out. Here is a step by step tutorial. Let me know if you need any ducks. I could drop a few greenheads off…