T Nation

Ladder Training?

I have a question for those familiar with ladder training techniques, you know the 3 sets of 2 reps pause, 3 reps pause, 5 reps type sets. Is it wise to incorporate a rep scheme such as that to my entire lifting plan? Right now I’m focusing mainly on things that don’t isolate but still put alot of emphasis on the smaller body groups like bis,tris,calves, forearms.

I would appreciate feedback on this one. dl, squat, military press, pullups, dips, rows, bench, etc. I expect things like you retard why would you do that, or are you trying to kill your cns from those that know but how else am I going to know if I don’t ask?

Considering your expecting it you should be able to answer the question why would you do that retard?

rep schemes, and program design are part of a tool box for training. You can incorporate it into a lifting plan for a 3 months, or one day depending on what you’ve accomplished so far. Personally I think you should have excelled at the basics first, as progress begins to slow you may need kickstarts. Ladders can be a kick start, for new areas of growth.

[quote]lil_diesel90 wrote:
I have a question for those familiar with ladder training techniques, you know the 3 sets of 2 reps pause, 3 reps pause, 5 reps type sets. Is it wise to incorporate a rep scheme such as that to my entire lifting plan?[/quote]
If ladders are drastically different that what you’re doing now, you’ll see some progress for a while.

As Dan John said:
“I’ve found this ideal for all pressing workouts. If you can handle ten pull-ups without too much strain, try it with this, too

It’s a great way to build up a lagging lift or upper body issue.

If you like this little variation, try to slowly add an additional 2-3-5-10 exercise into your training. Please don’t go crazy and do 100 reps of five exercises on the first day.”

I’m not quite sure what this means. Exactly what does your training week look like? What exercises, sets, and reps are you using?