Lactose Intolerant

I am 17 Years old, and am currently on an Isolated Soy protein(90% Protein), This being because I am lactose Intolerant, I had tried Pinnacle’s MyoZap (Protein) as well as CytoGainer, which CytoGainer is 98% Lactose free. This was fine for me until I took it in the morning for the carbs. I am not sure whether or not it was because it was just too early in the morning, or what, but are there any suggestions to what i should try. I would rather not lose the higher grade whey proteins if there is another option. I am 5’11", 168lb. Also I heard that i should maybe try “Grow!”, and that lactose intolerant people rarely have a problem with it.

Here is what i am currently taking:
-GNC’s Protein 95 (Iso Soy)
-Apex Max Volumizer Pills (Creatine, L-Glutamine, Taurine)
-Nitric Suspension (No2)

Also i am currently training under Chad Waterbury’s TBT (3-Day/Week) Program
Thanks for any help.

Lose the soy and the no2 junk asap.

Get on the Grow! train - rumour has it that it won’t bother you, and even if it does, one bottle isn’t exactly breaking the bank. So go take it for a test drive, and odds are you’ll never look back. Also, do a search for NO2 products, in the articles or the threads, you might find some interesting stuff to read. Good luck.

Yeah, it seems the NO2 things don’t work exactly as they say they’re going to. However, if you have it, and you think its working for you, keep using it.

But when it comes time to spend another 80 bucks. Think about what other supplements are out there that you can get a hold of.

Thanks for the help about the NO2, I just take it because it seems to help me recover within a 24-48Hr time period much better, Also i feel i get better pumps. Regaurdless if people believe it to be a placebo effect. It sure seems to work for me, As long as i dont rely on it i think it will do fine for now. Do you know if your body stores it or if it starts to effect your body differently over time, like with less effectiveness? Or something like your body kind of getting immune to what used to be promoted by it as a hemodilator?

I’m lactose intolerant and Grow is perfect for me. But most protein powder are lactose free anyway.

Does anybody know if an Isolated Soy(90%) Protein along with Soy Isoflavones (Naturally Occuring) Is good enough when taken in large portions (50G, four times daily) to promote lean mass while executing hypertrophy training?

Dude, take the advice from everyone. Ditch the soy protein and get a high-quality blend like Grow! And NO2 sucks, use up what you have if you want, but don’t waste another penny on it.

Soy topic. Try reading this as well as a search here and the net in general will turn up some BAD news.

Soy : Poison Protein Article
http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459516

Still early to tell but better safe than sorry IMO.

Hope this helps,
Phill

[quote]Phill wrote:
Soy topic. Try reading this as well as a search here and the net in general will turn up some BAD news.

Soy : Poison Protein Article
http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459516

Still early to tell but better safe than sorry IMO.

Hope this helps,
Phill

[/quote]

Phil; Thanks for the article, That gave me just the insite I was looking for. I think regardless now if other higher grade proteins bother me, I think I will just invest in some “Lactaid” or some lactose digestion supplement pill. Hah.Thanks again.

If I am going to buy Grow! Which of the two should I get based on that I am looking for hypertrophy gains.

Low-Carb Grow! (Casein/Whey Iso)
Classic Grow! (Whey Iso)

I am in no way Carbohydrate deficient, and could go for the lower carb of the two if necessary for the gains I am looking to recieve from this.

Thank you for any incite on the subject.

Many times those who state they are lactose intolerant are really lacking in lactobacillus which is found in yogurt.

Lactobacillus is the bacteria that will breakdown the lactose and allow it to be used by the body.

People have eaten a yogurt a day, and found that they are able to tollerate lactose much better after a while. The yogurt helps seed the gut with the lactobacillus.

It’s worth a try to see if you are then able to tollerate non-soy based suppliments.

[quote]brandon51287 wrote:
If I am going to buy Grow! Which of the two should I get based on that I am looking for hypertrophy gains.

Low-Carb Grow! (Casein/Whey Iso)
Classic Grow! (Whey Iso)

I am in no way Carbohydrate deficient, and could go for the lower carb of the two if necessary for the gains I am looking to recieve from this.

Thank you for any incite on the subject.[/quote]

I use Low-Carb Grow! and it tastes great! Seriously, it’s so good that I mixed some into my sons milkshake to see how he would respond (after his workout) his comment: “wow this shake you made is better than usual.” If you don’t need the extra carbs then give it a try.

Low-Carb Grow! is your #1 protein source (aside from real food).

Classic Grow! I use for in my morning meals, but even when I use Classic Grow!, it’s mixed 50/50 with Low-Carb Grow! Later in the day, it’s all Low-Carb, no Classic.

If, after you’ve tried all of the above, you still have problems, try Lactaid.

Would I want to use Low-Carb Grow! as a basic MRP? And if so is there anything you would recomend to mix-in for added carb’s, I would most likely be using this for an all around shake, including PWO. This is my only concern, because I know that there might now always be a carb bar in my work out bag.
Thank you all for your time, as always.

For PWO, Low-Carb Grow! is the opposite of what you want. L0w-Carb Grow! is digested slowly, over several hours. PWO, you want the nutrients to hit your system as fast as possible. This is why Surge exists.

For more info, read the Surge thread. More than you could ever want to know right there.

I’m not sure of the lactose of Surge, so that’s an issue. But if it doesn’t work, you’ll want to find something highly glycemic with a very fast-digested protein. Once again, see Surge thread for how all that works. I believe there is also an article you should search for called “Solving the Post-Workout Puzzle” or something like that.