T Nation

Lactate Training


#1

Hi all. Looking at giving lactate training a shot:

https://www.T-Nation.com/workouts/lactic-acid-training-for-fat-loss

I train at home and have some equipment limitation. Just looking to see if what I have laid out in regards to exercise selection is decent or not:

Chest-incline press/flat db press/push up
Back-chin/bent row/db row
Quads-squat/goblet squat/bw squat
Hams-stiff legged deads-have to do 3 drop sets
Delts-front press/bent lateral/side lateral
Tris-close grip bench/lying tri extension/db 2 hand extension
Bi's-barbell curl/db curl/reverse curl

Thanks so much.


#2

As long as you keep this in mind:

The secret to making it effective, though, is choosing the correct resistance. In the version of advanced GBC training I am about to present, you must choose weights that accurately reflect your 6RM of an exercise, your 12RM, and your 25RM.


#3

Thanks very much for the response. The more i re-read the article, the more I think it isn’t the way to go for my cut. Never trained with a timed TUT before and I think it’ll be alot of guesswork with the weights for at least 2 out of the 6 weeks. Not sure if I should just keep training as I am or go the lactate training route now. Just want max. benefit. Anyway, thanks again for your response.


#4

Similar but better…

dont stress the excercise selection too much, incline bench for subbed for dips etc is fine. Main thing is its 4 compound moves back to back


#5

Having done the Poliquin training, I didn’t think it generated that much lactate. Certain movements do, however, the squat being the most potent example, IMO. But others like deadlift far less so. In fact, other than the squat, the 10x10 didn’t for much for me. I did get much more out of the revised GBC training (6 reps) but that’s beside the point. IMO, when I compare it to Prowler and sled work the lactate generated here is on another level. I don’t know if your equipment stretches that far? I train at home too and I rigged up a tyre sled, which I can use on some grassland very close to my home. The backward sled drag is blowtorch to the quads time!


#6

[quote]JamesBrawn007 wrote:
Having done the Poliquin training, I didn’t think it generated that much lactate. Certain movements do, however, the squat being the most potent example, IMO. But others like deadlift far less so. In fact, other than the squat, the 10x10 didn’t for much for me. I did get much more out of the revised GBC training (6 reps) but that’s beside the point. IMO, when I compare it to Prowler and sled work the lactate generated here is on another level. I don’t know if your equipment stretches that far? I train at home too and I rigged up a tyre sled, which I can use on some grassland very close to my home. The backward sled drag is blowtorch to the quads time![/quote]

Then you did not do the program mentioned above. deadlift? For 25? That’s not lactate, that is low back suicide… For me, anyways.

Prowler is quite good. Probably better. But not everyone has one and look at the date the article was published.


#7

[quote]JFG wrote:

[quote]JamesBrawn007 wrote:
Having done the Poliquin training, I didn’t think it generated that much lactate. Certain movements do, however, the squat being the most potent example, IMO. But others like deadlift far less so. In fact, other than the squat, the 10x10 didn’t for much for me. I did get much more out of the revised GBC training (6 reps) but that’s beside the point. IMO, when I compare it to Prowler and sled work the lactate generated here is on another level. I don’t know if your equipment stretches that far? I train at home too and I rigged up a tyre sled, which I can use on some grassland very close to my home. The backward sled drag is blowtorch to the quads time![/quote]

Then you did not do the program mentioned above. deadlift? For 25? That’s not lactate, that is low back suicide… For me, anyways.

Prowler is quite good. Probably better. But not everyone has one and look at the date the article was published. [/quote]

Yeah, I agree about the deadlift. I can’t recall Poliquin recommending it for 10x10, I was merely replying to the OP’s comment about using it.

Well people have been pushing and pulling heavy objects for millennia for performance so the Prowler ain’t exactly new! And I agree, few people likely have access to one. I certainly don’t. As I said, I went for a homemade tyre sled, which is a close second to the Prowler.


#8

Thanks all for the very helpful insights. I have decided to go with the lactate link RampantBadger posted. Did day 1 today and besides starting a little light on the deads I absolutely love the programming. Thanks RB much appreciated!


#9

[quote]gnesr wrote:
Thanks all for the very helpful insights. I have decided to go with the lactate link RampantBadger posted. Did day 1 today and besides starting a little light on the deads I absolutely love the programming. Thanks RB much appreciated![/quote]

Great to hear.
Yeah dont need to get too gung ho with the weight on deads(0r squatts etc) the overall volume and tempo of the workout will take care of everything