T Nation

Lactate Inducing Training

Do any of you guys have experience with any style of lactate training for fat loss, such as German Body Comp, complex training, circuits, Thibs metabolic pairings, etc.

When you used this training, was it your whole program or did you do other regular style lifting along with it to preserve muscle?

For that matter, have you found this style of training to be muscle-sparing or does it burn alot of muscle?

What kind of diet would you use with this style of training? I’m guessing that it’s like HIIT that you wouldn’t want to do it too low on carbs bc it uses alot of muscle glycogen.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Also, I’ve heard claims that german body comp style training can even lead to some muscle gain since it will be an entirely new stimulus to your body. Has anyone experienced this?

Does anyone have any input?

[quote]SquatDeep385 wrote:
Do any of you guys have experience with any style of lactate training for fat loss, such as German Body Comp, complex training, circuits, Thibs metabolic pairings, etc.

When you used this training, was it your whole program or did you do other regular style lifting along with it to preserve muscle?

For that matter, have you found this style of training to be muscle-sparing or does it burn alot of muscle?

What kind of diet would you use with this style of training? I’m guessing that it’s like HIIT that you wouldn’t want to do it too low on carbs bc it uses alot of muscle glycogen.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.[/quote]

I think you’ve got some terms mixed here. But any how…

I’m about to do some German body comp style training. I dont know how you’d do other stuff along with it, besides recovery shit. I use complexes and metabolic pairing all the time just for conditioning.

I find the sparring or gain of muscle while training any style is based primarily on diet. I eat low carb high fat high pro when doing fatloss shit. Ill cycle in some carbs every couple days after the hardest sessions [squats usually].

You dont have to do it on “low carbs” but I dont notice that it prevents any progress strength wise. It does help preserve the muscle and burn the fat though.

-chris

I just finished Poliquin’s advanced gbc from this site. I changed some of the exercises around but it was his plan.

I used a good diet of high pro and fat while taking in a piece of fruit in the am and pounded the carbs and pro around my workouts.

You can’t do anything else while doing this.

My weight stayed the same but, I lost fat and gained muscle.

I had significant changes in body comp.

bill

I am about to try Poliquin’s original gbc program while going low carb.

This should be interesting…

bill