Labs Included - Anxiety & Cold Hands

I have been experiencing cold hands and anxiety after an attempted PCT, not sure which route to go. Please Help! Labs are below:

2/27/2017 Units Range
Total Testosterone 621 ng/ml 115-1197
Free Testosterone 15.2 pg/ml 9.3-26.5
E2 - important re gyno 26.3 pg/ml 7.6-42.6
LH 0.1 mIU/ml 1.7-8.6
FSH <0.2 mIU/ml 1.5-12.4
prolactin 9.7 ng/ml 4-15.2
CBC & Platelet
WBC 4.7 x10E3/ul 3.4-10.8
RBC 5.75 x10E6/uL 4.14-5.80
Hemoglobin 16.8 g/dl 12.6-17.7
Hematocrit 49.3 % 37.5-51
MCV 86 fL 79-97
MCH 29 pg 26.6-33
MCHC 34.1 g/dl 31.5-35.7
RDW 14 % 12.3-15.4
Sex Horm Binding Blob 28 nmol/l 16-55.9
ALT (SGPT) 9 IU/L 0-44
AST 18 IU/L 0-40
b12 747 pg/ml 211-946
Vitamin D 33.4 ng/mL 33.4-100
DHEA-S - important re low underarm hair 269 ug/dl 164-530
TSH 1.97 uIU/ML .45-4.5
fT3
fT4 1.33 ng/dl .82-1.77
IGF-1 212 ng/ml 115-355
LDL 150 mg/dl 0-99
Hdl 40 mg/dl >40
VLDL 11 mg/dl 0-99

Is this after a cycle? How long after the cycle and what was your PCT?

Your numbers don’t look too bad, but LH / FSH are very low, I’d expect them at least in range.

4 months test E two weeks off hcg 200 ui EO day, 25mg nolvadex at night, then stopped after a month starting again now

You could stand to supplement D3 and maybe some DHEA.

Otherwise, I’d read the thyroid sticky and start taking your morning temperatures.

Also, do you have the T3 numbers? I see you have it listed, but the results are blank.

LH/FSH shutdown
see the HPTA restart sticky

Porst all details of your PCT.

TSH should be nearer to 1.0, may easily explain your feeling cold.
See last paragraph in this post, may be very helpful.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc
  • HPTA restart

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

Please update the Thyroid sticky to add a soil based probiotic to the proticol if you choose the iodorol route. (https://www.amazon.com/Prescript-Assist-B0049NW9UI-60-Capsules/dp/B00JB2GOFI/ref=sr_1_2_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1501690255&sr=8-2&keywords=prescript-assist+probiotics+supplement) The iodoral completely kills off all the good gut bacteria and allows for the bad bacteria to take hold. I couldn’t digest food and had diarrhea for 3 months, I finally went to a digestion expert and got a stool test. I was diagnosed with C-Diff lost even more gains and have recovered after 4 weeks of probiotics, luckily. Iodoral is NOT the best way to get Iodine, Seaweed and Iodized salt in your food does the trick just fine, or going in the ocean. Im not convinced that this TRT low body temp phenomenon is a thyroid problem, it is certainly a progesterone => Corisol low DHEA problem witch triggers a fight or flight mechanism in the body from high E2 and HCg confusion, after the body shuts down some hormone production from too long of TRT, causing anxiety and blood to be pulled in form the extremities. get the E2 down, try progesterone and 7-Keto DHEA in the morning and let me know how it goes.

Your response is unusual and surprising. I understand your logic and argument. You may have been harboring some nasty bacterial that took over. And sometimes people also just get c-diff and these things may have been coincident. Climbing out of a iodine deficiency hole with a few mcg’s of iodine while you are excreting iodine makes for a long process. Middle ground more appropriate.

How much iodine were you taking and how soon were you in distress? Did you also take selenium?

I did 50mg iodoral for one week, followed by 25mg iodoral for one week, with 3 brazil nuts a day for selenium (make sure you soak them for 8 hours first in salt water to remove enzyme inhiditors). I started to feel better but then i didnt feel myself, the lack of positive gut bacteria make me week and feel like a fruit cake. After two weeks the C-diff took hold and I was bloated followed by painful burning diarrhea for 2 months, regular doc didnt help, the naturopath did the correct stool test to find the C-diff and the probiotic corrected it is two weeks. However, I feel that this cycle is too long and my body is over worked, I came down to 200/mg test E/wk form 400mg test E/wk and 150IU HCG 2x /wk and some of the cold anxiety and low corisol Am high cortisol PM has come back, I cant help but feel its somehow related.

Just an update for those who are interested, I was also taking DIM diindolylmethane this whole time to control E2 estrogen supposedly, I would feel antsy/anxiety as soon as it would wear off and I was assuming this was an estrogen swing. After finding this study, apparently DIM diindolylmethane has very little effect of E2 levels and effects cortisol drastically. (Pilot study: effect of 3,3'-diindolylmethane supplements on urinary hormone metabolites in postmenopausal women with a history of early-stage breast cancer - PubMed) also the description here: (http://www.peaktestosterone.com/forum/index.php?topic=6828.0). Apparently High T also lowers cortisol, triggering a “fight or flight cold feeling”

“So maybe the benefit of DIM isn’t so much with decreasing estrogen (although this one study showing a lack of decreases in estrogen doesn’t mean DIM shows no decrease in estrogen), but with increasing cortisol? Guys who have too-high T levels tend to have too-high estrogen as well as (because of the increased T) too low cortisol. Therefore saying, “hey, I feel better” after taking 50 mg of DIM for a few days means this is because 1) decreased estrogen (particularly estriol and estradiol, which DIM targets), 2) increased cortisol (to offset the lower cortisol because of higher T), or 3) a combination of both. This particular study suggests 2).”

I was also taking Yohimbine, which has zero effect of TSH, T4, and T3, but was found to lower cortisol in white tail deer. (The effect of yohimbine on plasma levels of T3, T4 and cortisol in xylazine-immobilized white-tailed deer - PubMed)

Cortisol needs to be monitored as well, dont ignore it.