Labs After 6 Weeks on TRT- Help?

Hey all,

Just wanted to get feedback on my labs after my first 6 weeks on TRT. My protocol as of right now is 100mg Test Cypionate E7D IM. No AI and no HCG.

Pre-TRT Labs
Testosterone Total: 200ng/dL and 241 ng/dL 240 - 950 ng/dL
Testosterone Free: 6.51 ng/dL 5.25 - 20.7 ng/dL
Testosterone Bioavailable 65 ng/dL 83 - 257 ng/dL
TSH: 2.10 uIU/mL 0.35 - 4.94 uIU/mL
FSH 2.1 mIU/mL
LH 1.6 mIU/mL
T4 Free 1.0 ng/dL 0.7 - 1.5 ng/dL
Insulin Like Growth Factor 1, S 156 ng/mL 91 - 442 ng/mL

Labs 6 weeks into TRT (100mg/week)
Testosterone 445 ng/dL 240 - 871 ng/dL
TSH 1.04 uIU/mL 0.35 - 4.94 uIU/mL
Sex Hormone Binding Globulin 22.5 nmol/L 13.0 - 78.0 nmol/L
|Glucose|97 mg/dL|70 - 100 mg/dL|
|BUN|23 mg/dL|5 - 20 mg/dL|
|Creatinine|1.06 mg/dL|0.50 - 1.30 mg/dL|
|BUN/Creatinine Ratio|21.7 |10.0 - 25.0|
|Sodium|138 meq/L|135 - 145 meq/L|
|Potassium|4.2 meq/L|3.5 - 5.1 meq/L|
|Chloride|102 meq/L|99 - 109 meq/L|
|CO2|28 meq/L|22 - 34 meq/L|
|Anion Gap with K|12 meq/L|6 - 18 meq/L|
|Calcium|9.7 mg/dL|8.4 - 10.2 mg/dL|
|Protein Total|7.4 g/dL|6.3 - 8.2 g/dL|
|Albumin|4.7 g/dL|3.4 - 4.8 g/dL|
|Alkaline Phosphatase|75 U/L|38 - 126 U/L|
|AST - SGOT|22 U/L|0 - 37 U/L|
|ALT - SGPT|21 U/L|0 - 55 U/L|
|Bilirubin Total|0.3 mg/dL|0.2 - 1.3 mg/dL|
|Cholesterol|151 mg/dL|140 - 199 mg/dL|
|Triglyceride|55 mg/dL|0 - 149 mg/dL|
|HDL|41 mg/dL|>=40 mg/dL|
|LDL|99 mg/dL|0 - 129 mg/dL|
Waiting on Estradiol test (should be in in the next few hours)

What do you guys recommend?

I am going to start doing E3.5D injections and talk to my doc about upping my dose. I am not really feeling much better at this point.

In relation to your weekly injection, when were those labs drawn? Thyroid labs inadequate, we see it a lot doctors failing to test Free T3 which is the only active thyroid hormone, it is what free testosterone is to total testosterone, Free T4 is low.

Be aware most doctors lack the thoroughness to get a complete picture by only running minimal thyroid labs, not checking Free T3 is a huge mistake and shows their knowledge is seriously lacking. 100mg once weekly is telling me your doctor is way behind, most are.

Most of us pay out of pocket for TRT, insurance is almost a guarantee you’ll be dealing with incompetent doctors. Very few doctors know how to do TRT, those that do do not expect insurance.

You need to understand injecting once weekly means your levels are peaking within 48 hours and then falling fast over the next few days, that is why you feel no better. You need to keep stable levels to feel good, I recommend 50mg twice weekly. Some find they feel better injecting smaller doses EOD as this helps lower estrogen.

Estrogen levels determine how well you feel on TRT. Some guys start to feel the effects of low T in the 400 ranges, you need to target 650-800 range, those are youthful levels we had in our 20’s. Men with high normal testosterone are 30% less likely to have cardiac events than those in the middle ranges.

These are trough labs. I normally inject tonight.

Low SHBG means you need to inject more frequently. At the end of 1 week, your body has excreted a lot of the test, leaving you in a low point.

The more frequent injection schedule will help get your TT higher.

I’m going to try that out and see what happens

So just inject 50mg tonight and 50mg more on Friday morning. It will reset everything and you’ll have to wait another 6 weeks for a stable state and it will be worth it. If that provides the results you’re looking for you’re done, if not you could try injecting 20-25mg EOD.

TSH down to 1.0 from 2
What did you do to increase iodine intake?

You can inject T with #29 1/2" 0.5ml insulin syringes. IM does not need to be deep. Subq absorbs slower and delivers smoother levels.

Do labs halfway between injections and do not change that. Otherwise you will have changes in lab data just from timing. Labs at time of office visit can be wrong. Get script for lab and do that two weeks before office visit so you can discuss results and changes with doctor.

You can get a good idea of overall thyroid function via oral body temperatures, see below and note that two sets of temperatures are of interest.

If E2 is elevated, that can spoil benefits of TRT. Most feel better near E2=22pg/ml - 80 pmol/L

You will be reporting day 7 E2 results. So that result is less useful - lab timing again.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

I can be a bit abrupt in my replies and recommendations. I have a lot of ground to cover as this forum has become much more active in the last two years. I can’t follow threads that go deep over time. You need to respond to all of my points and requests as soon as possible before you fall off of my radar. The worse problems are guys who ignore issues re thyroid, body temperatures, history of iodized salt. Please do not piss people off saying that lab results are normal, we need lab number and ranges.

The value that you get out of this process and forum depends on your effort and performance. The bulk of your learning is reading/studying the suggested stickies.

My SHBG is 22. I have tried splitting my 125mg/week dose into two and it does not seem to be helping after 2 weeks.

My SHBG is 19 and I inject eod, 50 Mg.

You never posted your estrodial test.

It was 27

I honestly think I felt better doing one 125mg shot rather than it split in two though

You say it’s not helping after 2 weeks, because it shouldn’t be helping until 6 weeks. This is how long it takes to reach a stable blood levels of testosterone, there are no shortcuts, no quick fixes. Each time you change the dosage it’s another 6 weeks to a stable state.

Gotcha. I will give it another few weeks

So I upped my dose to 150mg/week injected 75mg E3.5D. My estradiol was 29 (at trough) when I was injectjng 100mg once per week. Will my estradiol increase with a larger dose but split into two?

You are increasing dose and frequency. Expect an increase definitely.

Will it be a substantial enough increase to merit introducing an AI?

No increase in e2 would ever make me use an AI again, just being honest.

Your e2 is perfect at 100mg once a week. Why are you increasing?

Estrogen is good, leave it alone. What are you trying to accomplish by increasing estrogen?

I’m increasing my T dose to get my T up as it still is a bit low and I am not feeling as much of an effect as I would like. Not purposely trying to increase e2 but trying to increase T which I am assuming will subsequently increase e2 as a result. I