T Nation

Lab Work

There´s a lot of people that know a lot about cycles and how to run a correct post cycle. So I would like to know what are the tests users should perform before during and after the cycle in order to ensure proper hormonal balance. And for each one, how can we regulate it.

A few might be:

Estradiol
Testosterone
Cholesterol
High liver values
LH

What else gets affected ?

You’re asking a very general question without giving much information in return. Concerns are going to differ somewhat depending on what sort of cycle you’re running… test, orals, a stack etc.

But yes, hormones, lipid levels and ratios, enzyme levels and ratios, blood pressure… those are the common measures and concerns. Running the proper ancillaries during your cycle and post-cycle will prevent the majority of complications.

Well im not looking just one answer I mean, all I´ve seen here is only about inject this and drink that but nothing involves doing any lab work. I think that part of being educated on roids should cocern a solid blood work in order to see how the body reacting to each cycle.

Sometimes we start a new cycle without even knowing if we really recoverd from the previous one.

Do you get where im going?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Ok, lets say for example de LH and FSH if I see that this values are low after the PCT it could mean that I didnt use enough HCG or that I over did ? I´ve read that you have to be very carefull regarding the usage of this sustance because it could harm you permanently.

Well I´m interested in learning the interactions of the drugs with the body I dont hace specific questions I´m just trying to understand how the body reacts when these substances enter the system.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
but also to kidney function if one wanted to be extra cautious.

[/quote]

How do you recommend assessing kidney function? Typically creatinine is used - but this is innaccurate with BBers. Due to high muscle mass their creatinine will be higher (big son of a bitch syndrome).

One forgotten kidney measure is specific gravity. With early kidney disease the kidneys have a hard time concentrating urine - so urine always has a low specific gravity.

[quote]Zack Nelson wrote:
bushidobadboy wrote:
but also to kidney function if one wanted to be extra cautious.

How do you recommend assessing kidney function? Typically creatinine is used - but this is innaccurate with BBers. Due to high muscle mass their creatinine will be higher (big son of a bitch syndrome).

One forgotten kidney measure is specific gravity. With early kidney disease the kidneys have a hard time concentrating urine - so urine always has a low specific gravity.
[/quote]

There are a load of kidney function indicators. No one measure is typically definitive without considering the entirety though. Activity level, hydration and supplementation can all have significant transient effects on many of hte readings.

As you wrote, the specific gravity of urine can be useful (it can vary widely though).

BUN is a very standard measure (high = potential kidney issue; low reading could be liver-related); uric acid; albumin levels in blood panel; protein in urine… I’m sure there are more but that’s all I have off the top of me head.