Lab Work Results and Confused

age 46
-height 6ft
-waist 36
-weight 220

-describe body and facial hair modest amount on legs chest,facial just grows sideburns like elvis

-describe where you carry fat and how changed mostly in the butt then waist gained about 40lbs of fat over the past year

-health conditions, symptoms [history] depression,lack of motivation,energy

-Rx and OTC drugs, any hair loss drugs or prostate drugs ever
40mg Viibryd(ssri), otc claritin

-describe diet [some create substantial damage with starvation diets]
Diet has really gone off the rails over past year which coincides with depression, pretty much fast food except for breakfast which is usually eggs and oatmeal or fruit

-describe training
brief workouts switching betweed low intensity cardio and moderate weights 3 or 4 times a week

-testes ache, ever, with a fever? No
-how have morning wood and nocturnal erections changed
few and far between. used to be every day now rarely

LABS FASTED 8AM

cortisol 17.6ug/dl range 602-19.4ug/dl

estradiol 21.1pg/ml 7.6-42.6pg/ml

fsh 3.1mIU/ml 1.5-12.4 mIU/ml

hgb a1c 6.0%(abn) 4.8-5.6% diabetes >6.4

igf-1 186 ng/ml 67-205 ng/ml

Lh 4.5 mIU/ml 1.7-8.6 mIU/ml

Prolactin 11.3 ng/ml 4.0-15.2 ng/ml

T4 free(direct) 1.03 ng/dl 0.82-1.77 ng/dl

Test, free and weakly bound 397ng/dl 348-1197ng/dl
test.,%free+weakly bound 17.8% 9.0-46.0%
test., F+W bound 70.7 ng/dl 40.0-250.0 ng/dl

TSH 1.080 uIU/ml .450-4.50 uIU/ml

b12 607 pg/ml 211-946 pg/ml

vit d (25-oh) 57.3 30.0-100.0 ng/ml

I also have the results from CBC w/diff and comp metabolic but didn’t have time to type it. If it helps I will later on.

My morning temp has been 97.3 and 97.7 two days in a row but my afternoon temp has been 96.4 both days so I started IR today.

Also I was confused by my E2 being at 21 because i was so sure it was high that in between taking the labs and getting the results I took .5g liquid anastrozole split into two doses the last week and had a few days of semi morning wood.

I asked to Dr for other tests as well thyroid/adrenals but he said we could start here and he seems pretty open because i had copied and pasted a list of tests and he spent about a half hour with me so I will go back after I lose some weight.

I suspect my low T and adrenals could be the problem for my decreased motivation and all around energy levels. I used to pop out of bed quickly in the am and def a morning person now I struggle to get up and usually pop ephedra/caffeine to get going although I’ve stopped now. I’m not sure what to do because I feel my low t could’ve caused depression or depression could’ve caused low t.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Your T doesn’t seem that low to me, almost 400 with FT in range also. E2 is normal. I wouldn’t start HRT based on those results. You may have adrenal fatigue though. I think I have that, my cortisol is high as well. I think many years in a stressful marriage caused mine. It seems to have gotten better over the past two years, once I got my divorce. Good luck, I don’t really have any advice, just chill out and work out! haha

thanks, I definitely need to work out more so I can lose weight I think thats part of my problem too

Your low body temperatures are probably tied to much of your low energy symptoms and weight gain. But low T is also a major factor. What is your IR? Any improved metal clarity by now?

T4 is well below mid-range.

Was Viibryd to treat the problems you report here? Many times, AD meds are Rx when the problem is hormones.

sorry it took so long to reply. did full IR treatment and temp didnt budge. Had tried a few AD meds prior to viibryd which were unsuccessfull it wasn’t a treatment in response to symptoms here. But my lowish T could be the problem. Any suggestions?

TSH was good, fT4 low, fT3 unknown

Please update on temperatures.

You are insulin resistant and at risk of diabetes. You need to work on your diet and metabolism.
You seem to have metabolic syndrome aka syndrome X.

Were you not using any iodizes salt before?

Are you till taking anastrozole 0.5mg/week?

Do you feel any better after IR?

morning temp is 97.3 still and drops in the afternoon to 96.4 I ran the ir protocol for at least a month but temps didnt budge. I have used iodized sea salt every morning on eggs for at least a year prior

I stopped the anastrozole before labs and just started taking it again and erections in the morning are daily now where they were non existent before. .5mg

I have slowly started cleaning up diet and exercise. I stopped taking viibryd about 3 weeks ago and have gradually been feeling better, not much better but definitely an improvement.

I will also read up on syndrome x