Lab Work and Maybe Low T?

Hi everyone – I’ve been reading the info and posts here for a few weeks. For the last year or so, I have had pretty much all the symptoms of Low T, including no/low libido, fatigue, weakness, hazy feeling, night sweats… The list goes on and on. I’m 37 years old, married, don’t use drugs. My wife finally got on me enough that I did a test through ZRT for total T, and it came back at 221.

I made an appoint with a good physician, and he sent me for a full lab workup. In this my total T came in at 578, and my free at 90. (Full labs are attached). I’m a bit confused with the VERY different T results within 9 days. Any thought on discussion point with my doctor? I know from previous posts that you guys are pretty on top of things, and all of these labs made me just more confused!

Thanks for any thoughts and help!

Dave

Labs?

Reading: The advice for new guys sticky.

Must get LH/FSH as part of lab work.

I apologize – I tried to attach the labs as a pdf, but that didn’t seem to take.

-height: 6’0"
-waist: 35"
-weight: 180lbs
-describe body and facial hair: Plenty
-describe where you carry fat and how changed: More around waist and boobs
-health conditions, symptoms [history]: Pretty healthy overall.
-Rx and OTC drugs, any hair loss drugs or prostate drugs ever
– real dangers! see this http://propeciahelp.com/overvi
-lab results with ranges
-describe diet [some create substantial damage with starvation diets]: Normal – in between healthy and not health.
-describe training [some ruin there hormones by over training]: none
-testes ache, ever, with a fever?: no
-how have morning wood and nocturnal erections changed: Yes – They don’t really exist anymore

Labs Part 2

Labs Part 3

Labs Part 4

Labs part 5

Just got my newest ZRT lab work in… Both of the ZRT’s come in close to each other, but differ from my Quest labs… Any thoughts guys?

Anyone? Any thoughts? Please…

I honestly don’t know, but would trust the techniques used by quest as more accurate than “blood spot” by ZRT.

You are very vitamin D and B12 deficient.

Suggest you take 10,000 iu every day of D3 for a week then 5,000 iu from there on.

Get methylcolbalim b12

Check any other deficiencies and address them.

Check thyroid via temperatures.

I don’t think you have a T issue or thyroid issue. your high cortisol could mean you are under a lot of stress which is affecting your sleep patterns, moods, etc…

Good reply tuna!!! VIT D is a precursor for Testosterone… Do what Tuna said… Also get one hour of sun per day :)… Your T numbers are not that bad… I would do another blood test after adding supplements… whats your body temps waking and mid afernoon… read the stickies

Vit-D is not a precursor for for T, it supports vital functions in the body.

There are lots of suggested considerations in the advice for new guys sticky. Need to know more about you. Include stress issues/events.

Do not get T tunnel vision! Read the thyroid basics sticky and come back with iodine intake HISTORY and body temp data.

Suggested supplements:

• Vit-D as already suggested Vitamin D deficiency - Wikipedia
  • healthy oils such as olive oil
  • EFA’s: fish oil caps, nuts, flax seed meal or oil
  • high potency Vit-B complex with trace elements and iodine

With a lot of body hair, your T levels were good/high in the past and lower T levels will be more adverse for you than from guys who never had high T levels. The medical community ignores this side of things; one lab range is used to evaluate everyone. Another aspect if virilization is bone structure. Males who grow up with higher T levels can have stronger ‘male’ facial bone structure. That is something that a good practitioner could also consider.

Yes, your lab results are not consistent. You should avoid situations where you have to compare results from different labs. They will not produce the same numbers.

Your LH/FSH does not look bad. Your testes might be a bit under-functioning. Your situation may involve more than lower T levels, be open minded to the other suggested considerations/symptoms.

[quote]KSman wrote:

There are lots of suggested considerations in the advice for new guys sticky. Need to know more about you. Include stress issues/events.

Do not get T tunnel vision! Read the thyroid basics sticky and come back with iodine intake HISTORY and body temp data.

Suggested supplements:

• Vit-D as already suggested

With a lot of body hair, your T levels were good/high in the past and lower T levels will be more adverse for you than from guys who never had high T levels. The medical community ignores this side of things; one lab range is used to evaluate everyone. Another aspect if virilization is bone structure. Males who grow up with higher T levels can have stronger ‘male’ facial bone structure. That is something that a good practitioner could also consider.

Yes, your lab results are not consistent. You should avoid situations where you have to compare results from different labs. They will not produce the same numbers.

Your LH/FSH does not look bad. Your testes might be a bit under-functioning. Your situation may involve more than lower T levels, be open minded to the other suggested considerations/symptoms. [/quote]

Actually it is a precursor for T…look it up

Thereâ??s an amazingly simple way for western men to raise their testosterone level. All they have to do is take a supplement containing extra vitamin D. At least, this is what we deduce from an epidemiological study done at the Medical University Graz in Austria, which will soon be published in Clinical Endocrinology.

Vitamin D is actually a hormone â?? one that regulates three percent of our genes. Among those genes are a few that are responsible for the production of testosterone in the Leydig cells. So vitamin D is an important vitamin, certainly once you realise that an overwhelming majority of the western population has too little vitamin D in their blood.

This is because our food contains too little vitamin D, so we have to rely mainly on the vitamin D that our body makes. When exposed to sunlight our skin cells convert cholesterol into vitamin D. But we get too little sunlight and are therefore unable to make enough vitamin D.

So does that mean that most men in the West therefore make too little testosterone?

This is the question that the Austrians set out to answer. So they examined the blood of 2300 men whose average age was just over sixty. Only eleven percent of them had sufficient vitamin D in their blood. And indeed: the more vitamin D the men had in their blood, the higher their testosterone levels and their concentration of free testosterone [FAI].

High vitamin D level = high testosterone level

[quote]iw84aces wrote:

[quote]KSman wrote:

Suggested supplements:

Your LH/FSH does not look bad. Your testes might be a bit under-functioning. Your situation may involve more than lower T levels, be open minded to the other suggested considerations/symptoms. [/quote]

Actually it is a precursor for T…look it up[/quote]

Vitamin D is NOT a precursor to testosterone. There have bee studies suggesting there is a correlation however I have seen a lot of guys with high vitamin d yet low T…

[quote]Receptor wrote:

[quote]iw84aces wrote:

[quote]KSman wrote:

Suggested supplements:

Vitamin D is NOT a precursor to testosterone. There have bee studies suggesting there is a correlation however I have seen a lot of guys with high vitamin d yet low T…
[/quote]

ummm i never said vit D was the only factor in producing testosterone did I? Many things can lower T levels…

[quote]iw84aces wrote:

[quote]Receptor wrote:

[quote]iw84aces wrote:

[quote]KSman wrote:

Suggested supplements:

[/quote]

ummm i never said vit D was the only factor in producing testosterone did I? Many things can lower T levels…[/quote]

A precursor means it is the building block of something. Yes there MAY be a correlation to T levels and Vitamin D, but you shouldn’t say it is a ‘precursor’…

I’m not sure anyone was talking to you… u say building block, I say it is a building block just not the only block in the building…

DHEA is converted to T
pregnenolone is converted to DHEA
cholesterol is converted to pregnenolone
cholesterol is converted to Vit-D3 and Vit-D3–>VitD25 [dead end]
pregnenolone is converted to progesterone
progesterone to cortisol type hormones

See Steroid hormone - Wikipedia

I don’t see anything saying VIT D is a dead end… only thing i see is Vit d:DHT… AND IS WIKIPEDIA really the gold standard for information anyways?? i think not… You’re a smart guy and i believe you know ur shit about a lot but I also believe in the case of Vit D being non substantial when it comes to testosterone or hormones in general you may be wrong…

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Free_Testosterone_SHBG.aspx
http://www.vitamindwiki.com/Testosterone+levels+related+to+vitamin+D+levels+up+to+30+ng+–+July+2012

http://www.catie.ca/en/treatmentupdate/treatmentupdate-185/nutrition/can-vitamin-increase-testosterone-concentrations-men

Environmental factors affecting testosterone levels include:

Weight loss may result in an increase in testosterone levels. Fat cells synthesize the enzyme aromatase which converts testosterone, the male sex hormone, into estradiol, the female sex hormone.[106]
The hormone vitamin D in levels of 400â??1000 IU (10â??25 mcg) raise testosterone level.[107]
Zinc deficiency lowers testosterone levels[108] but over supplementation has no effect on serum testosterone.[109]
Magnesium raises free testosterone according to studies.[citation needed]
Implicit power motivation[clarification needed] predicts an increased testosterone release in men.[110]
Aging reduces testosterone release.[111]
Hypogonadism
Sleep (REM dream) increases nocturnal testosterone levels.[112]
Resistance training increases testosterone levels,[113] however, in older men, that increase can be avoided by protein ingestion.[114]
Licorice. The active ingredient in licorice root, glycyrrhizinic acid has been linked to small, clinically non-significant decreases in testosterone levels.[115] In contrast, a more recent study found that licorice administration produced a substantial testosterone decrease in a small, female-only sample.[116]
Natural or man-made antiandrogens including spearmint tea reduce test

^^^^^ above is wiki:Testosterone - Wikipedia

also check livestrong does vit d raise testosterone

had some very good ones here but they were edited and taken off