Lab Test

when was the blood drawn in relation to your last shot?
can you summarize your medications, supplements, vitamins, etc. and your schedule?
what are your ongoing symptoms?

ferritin is good
d25 looks good
Total T looks low (depending on timing)
TSH > 1 indicates a possible problem.
no cortisol reading = who knows?

Sure my last T shot 1ML was Saturday labs were on Monday.

Meds: Cymbalta 60mg a.m., Trazadone 50mg at night, Tramadol 50mg as needed very ineffective for pain, valium 5mg as needed, Script Vitamin D 50,000 IU once a week, LEVOXYL 100mcg in a.m. will be starting 15 mg oxycodone as needed, T 1ml weekly.

Supplements: Whey protein once a day, Fish oil 3000mg, multi vitamin with iron and D3, Calcium 750mg, Magnesium 150mg: I take this in a.m…

Would like to start back on creatine and glutamine but i belive too much creatine has a negative effect on my condition.

After two neck surgeries I was diagnosed with chronic myofascial pain that has crippled me for over 2 years. I have made tremendous gains by treating the perpetuating factors i.e. the blood work.

Activity continues to wreack havoc on my trigger points throughout my body.

I worked 60 hours a week, worked out (extreme) worked around the house and burned the candle at both end prior to getting sick. Then my body shut down because I would not listen to it, so I learned the hard way.

1ml T: Is that 200mg/ml or 100mg/ml?

Anyways, asking again: "Report T in mg’s not ml’s. "

TT level is too low. E2=22 is good, but would be better T:E ratio if TT was doubled.

Are you getting trace elements including iodine? Using iodized salt?

Not making excuses but I just lost my insurance and have a lot going on. I will not make that mistake again:) The T is 100mg/ml but the new script is 200mg/ml however it’s still the same. The dose is .5mg for the 200mg/ml. I will know soon if he will take my advice, given my condition I want to be at the high end of “normal” with T and ferritin. Do you agree? If I was healthy at my age I would still think I could benefit being above 445.

Why is benefit for TT>445 contingent on prior better health?

TT and FT at or near top of range is a common result and goal.

If you injected 100mg and your peak two days later was TT=445; that response does not seem right. Some [very few] need to inject 300mg/week to get to high normal. They seem to be hyper metabolizers of T. If you had tested at 3.5 days, your level would be even lower than 445. Something to keep in mind.

yes, your ferritin does look high actually. I think the ideal is 150 (maybe?).

if you need > 100mg Test a week then there is a good chance that you have some other imbalance that you need to address. I.E. Cortisol or RT3 or possibly high iron.

TT>445 in my estimate was beneficial for (prior better health) because I was very athletic and my job was one of the most demanding in terms of physical activity. KSman my doc and I talked about your observation and he agreed that my level would be dropping by day 3,4,5, and 6. He is trying me on 200 mg a week. I will take 100 mg and then another 100 mg on day 3 or 4 to keep my T more level. Not sure if I’m a hyper metabolizer of T or it’s related to my chronic condition.

I don’t understand why measuring for FT is important when it represents only 2-3% of the total T? What have I missed?

My wife has been on me for 3-4 years about my memory. I never took her seriously but the more I read about low T it’s starting to get my attention!

There is SHBG-T which will not release T to any tissues or receptors; only waiting to be cleared by the liver. Consider it inert. Most of TT is SHBG-T

FT is ready to interact with T receptors and it is what gets the job done.

Weakly bound T is T bound to albumin [and others] which can deliver T to tissue under the actions of local enzyme processes.

The later two combined is bio-available T.

If SHBG is high, the amount of FT and bio-T is lower and %FT is lower. One can have high TT and poor FT levels.

FT and bio-T track each other, so either can be used. FT is more widely used and understood.

SHBG increases with increasing E2 levels.

Weekly T injections create higher E2 and SHBG than more frequent. At the end of the week, TT is down, but FT will be dropping more.

Some docs [few but knowledgeable] do not care what the SHBG-T levels are and normally only test for FT.