T Nation

Lab Results with Questions

Been around these forums for a while but too many people from work know my other account hence the new account.

Lab results from last wednesday (labs done by quest)

Total test: 1800 range 200-1100
Free test: 550 range 30-150
Estradiol: 40 range less than or equal to 39

On a self medicated TRT dose of 200mg/week. 100mg injected on monday around 730am. Blood draw was 800am on wed. I am perscribed 80mg/week but left me feeling no where near optimal. Obviously this is high and i will be lowering the dose but this brought up some questions.

I have read that desensitizing happens when running a blast too long which is one reason why people blast cruise. How long could i feasibly go at 200mg without that happening (if it in fact does happen)

Levels are at supraphysiological but not as high as a true cycle would be. Will there be body composition benefits even at this level of test? Would you guys think to include extra protein in the diet because of increased protein synthesis? I am at 300-350g right now at a bw of 195.

Hopefully these questions are too stupid. ALso i was thinking of doing a blast at 500mg/week soon for 10-12 weeks. BUt i have enough to blast longer would there be benifit to a longer blast as i am already on TRT?

There is a TRT forum. You should read the stickied threads there.

I think youre nowhere near informed enough to be on self administered TRT.

I cant really understand your 1st full paragraph. But your e2 is too high.

I have read everything in the TRT forum and in this forum. The TRT forum is actually what helped me nail down a doctor (after 5) and helped with other symprtoms and lab interpretations.

I understand my E2 is too high. I need to up my armidex dose. 0.5mg E03 just isnt cutting it. Doc wouldnt even perscribe it. That had to be done by myself as well. He thinks there is no reason to control estrogen especially if you are lean which i am. What part about the frist paragraph can i try to explain better. Brain to keyboard comes out a bit jumbled

And the reason this is the steroid forum i was more curious about the effects of higher than normal range androgen levels and the effects and i was using my blood work for the basis of those higher than normal levels. I know the blood work is off of ideal for HRT thats not what my questions are about if that makes sense.

Test was 800 on wed.

Free test? Im not sure why you mentioned that, if you gave us the blood test results from the next day (thursday)

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
Test was 800 on wed.

Free test? Im not sure why you mentioned that, if you gave us the blood test results from the next day (thursday) [/quote]

That is confusing

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
Test was 800 on wed.

Free test? Im not sure why you mentioned that, if you gave us the blood test results from the next day (thursday) [/quote]

Sorry i see how that could be misleading. That was the time of the blood draw for the labs. The injection was done 730am (100mg) then the lab draw was 800am on wed. I just wanted to give a time frame on the injection and lab to help memebers better understand if this was a peak valley or inbetween. I will edit the OP

[quote]secondname wrote:

I have read that desensitizing happens when running a blast too long which is one reason why people blast cruise. How long could i feasibly go at 200mg without that happening (if it in fact does happen)
[/quote]

What exactly “desensitizes”? Agree that you probably dont know enough to self-adminster your TRT

200 mg/week should allow you to make better gains than any other “natural” guy out there…if you put in the work…all the business about protein synthesis and what not just complicates things…eat for your goals

One of the reasons i have seen people say the need to go back to lower levels is because of the adrogen recptor becomes desensitized to the excess adrogen. But i have also seen people say that is a load of crap so i was wondering what the veteran members thought about that.

Putting in the work has never been a problem in diet or training.

I am not trying to complicate things i know how to eat and train for my goal. I am just trying to get a better intellectual understanding. There is not a lot of writing out there on this subject and there is a lot of talk on various boards but then you have to figure out who knows anything and who is just blowing smoke of up everyones ass. I respect the group of guys on this forum there are many very intelligent members

What exactly am i missing about the TRT? Before TRT i was at 60ng/dl barely producing any. 80mg/week barely brought me up to normal levels for a 40year old male. So i upped my dose and then when it came time for my normal labs i left my dose the same so i could see where i was at. Now i know this is too high. This was the first lab at 200mg/week. NOw i know why i have been feeling 10x better But i am always happy to learn more

[quote]secondname wrote:
One of the reasons i have seen people say the need to go back to lower levels is because of the adrogen recptor becomes desensitized to the excess adrogen. But i have also seen people say that is a load of crap so i was wondering what the veteran members thought about that.

[/quote]

This is only a (potential) concern for AAS users–it absolutely should not be a concern with TRT, as long as you are staying within physiologic dosages.

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

[quote]secondname wrote:
One of the reasons i have seen people say the need to go back to lower levels is because of the adrogen recptor becomes desensitized to the excess adrogen. But i have also seen people say that is a load of crap so i was wondering what the veteran members thought about that.

[/quote]

This is only a (potential) concern for AAS users–it absolutely should not be a concern with TRT, as long as you are staying within physiologic dosages. [/quote]

I figured at much. WOuldnt make much sense if that was happening at normal physiological ranges. Would it be hypothesized that at 200mg/week according to my labs that those are high enough levels for that to occur? Or phrased differently what levels do you need to get to for this to potentialy happen? (if it occurs)

I don’t speculate on things that I don’t believe in.

Look, it is pretty simple:
You are in a good place now. Your estrogen may be aie little too high… If you dont have any problems with e2/progestinic sides dont worry about it.

What do you wish to achieve by throwing in more test? You went on TRT for a reason. That was to feel and act better/normally… If you want to go down the road of cycles and stacking go for it; see where that road takes you…

Questions; comments?

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:
I don’t speculate on things that I don’t believe in.[/quote]

Understood

[quote]muscle_meathead wrote:
Look, it is pretty simple:
You are in a good place now. Your estrogen may be aie little too high… If you dont have any problems with e2/progestinic sides dont worry about it.

What do you wish to achieve by throwing in more test? You went on TRT for a reason. That was to feel and act better/normally… If you want to go down the road of cycles and stacking go for it; see where that road takes you…

Questions; comments?[/quote]

Estrogen needs to come down. I guess i could leave it as i have no estrogen sides, but i would feel more comfortable lowering it.

I went from the lose dose of test that was perscribed to the higher dose because the symptoms were decreased with the low dose but still very present. They have compeltely dissapeared with 200mg/week. I am guessing i should be able to drop my dose down and still alleviate the symptoms but get my levels to a more normal range as i am out of the range (no wonder i feel great). I dont see the doctor being ok with my labs the way they are. I will see when i see him in the next 2 weeks.

I will most likely do a cycle of just test soon. But i want to get my TRT dose ironed out first.