Lab Results: Very High SHBG and LH. High Test. Low % Free T

I have 5.3 tsh. Working on lowering it. My shbg isn’t high.

The prices are for testosterone, HCG and an AI if you need it. If you do well above the reference ranges, then Dr. Saya won’t have a problem with that as long as blood levels are alright.

I do prefer to dial in on TRT in isolation and add stuff later if I so desire.

And tell them it’s for work not for treatment. Cvs would t do my physical when I said what it was for. I wasn’t using defy.

I jumped up at the 6 week mark. I had a few good days then basically not much. I do Subq 3x per week. I think overall, my labido increased to a normal level, but there were a couple of days it was through the roof after bump to 200. The biggest benefit for me has been better mood, less depression to no depression, lots of energy and physical performance improvement. My doc said if I take HCG, it will really help my labido but honestly my wife only gets in the mood once per week or 2x max. No real point in having mismatched sex drives.

1 Like

You might hate hcg or love it’.

I hate that shit. It makes me feel like hell. I stopped and half my symptoms dissapeared. I felt bloated and very tired.

You can try it but take less. Try 200iu once a week to test waters.

Hcg is not going to fix erection. I’ve never heard this.

Time cures Ed. Labido improves quick. Blood flow and muscle that creates the strength in erection takes time. It keeps improving from what I’ve seen. We need to have a good diet and Ben mentally stable to produce a good sex life. That’s on top of the hormones.

He’s probably saying hcg helps because it ads more testasterone to your body and more T equals better erections? Tells me the guys not really paying attention and just going off eveidence from other clients of his. He’s connecting the dots without logic.

I know everyone has recommended Defy, but since I am in the SF Bay Area it looks like we have a ton of reasonably priced well respected TRT Dr.s in the area. Found one of the best rated ones on yelp and made an appointment.

The place is Balanced Medical Solutions in Hayward, and I spoke with Adrian who I believe is the main doctor there. Wondering if anyone here has experience with this clinic? The initial visit is only $69 and he said a TRT program would be something like $115 a month for everything else (injections, AI, and a hair loss supplement).

Concerned about the hair loss supplement part of what he said, because I think I read on here DO NOT TAKE HAIR LOSS SUPPLEMENTS. I forget what the name of it was that he said, but it wasn’t propecia. So even if he recommends it, I probably won’t take it until I do some more research.

Is there a big variety in injection types, or are all TRT injections basically the same (a 100mg injection a 100mg injection)? Basically just want to know if I need to go in tomorrow armed with information about exactly what I want, or if that’s going to be over kill. Definitely want to spread injections out to twice a week, anything other than that I should be weary of?

Do they allow self injections at home? Most clinics force you to come into the office for injections and treat you like a invalid as if you couldn’t possibly do it yourself.

Just called, they said they allow home injections.

The reviews look pretty good.

I’m going to go with Defy Medical…and make this post here to function as a disclaimer for anyone on the forum searching Balanced Medical Solutions in Hayward, CA and share my experience there:

They had me go to a standard doctor’s room to fill out paperwork. The girl who worked at the front desk came in to take my blood. I was unaware up until this point that they would be drawing blood today (good thing I hadn’t eaten, but I had had coffee). She was unable to draw my blood because she didn’t know how to work the device. She tried twice, asking me where I prefer she draw the blood from (which arm & which vein). Both attempts she walked in and out of the room after putting gloves on and I had to tell her to change her gloves both times after opening and closing the door. After two failed attempts she brought the Doctor in, who also put gloves on, then entered and exited the room. With some difficulty she was able to take my blood, but not without damaging my vein as she pulled it out and giving me a small hematoma.

Up until this point I hadn’t really even had much of a conversation about what was going with me and my health other than I was there for TRT treatment. We started talking and I asked what she was thinking for treatment based on the lab results in my original post I provided and she said Clomid. I said I think clomid is going to raise my SHBG levels higher and what I need is test injections.

She left with my blood vile and another guy came in I presume a doctor looking over my lab results from a couple months ago, this is how our conversation went:

Dr: This is weird, your TT is high as shit, as well as you LH but you have very low free T
Me: Yes this is because my SHBG is through the roof and binding almost all of the testosterone my body is making. My brain is trying to compensate and make more testosterone by pumping up my LH production.
Dr: ponders this for a few seconds You’re right…you have done your homework
Me: So what do you think for treatment
Dr: Should probably get you clomid
Me: Clomid is going to raise my SHBG levels and do the opposite of what I need. I’m pretty sure I need injections.
Dr: Hmm that’s going to shut down your indigenous hormone production.
Me: I would need to take hCG as well to keep that system going.
Dr: Ok, ya…well it’s going to be tough to get authorization to give you injections because it’s a controlled substance, and your TT is so high. I’ll make sure we get it for you though after we get your lab results back. I can give you an injection today though.
Me: How much?
Dr: 200mg
Me: That’s OK, I would prefer to wait until I have the prescription. I’ve read you’re better off spacing injections out over the week so you don’t crash a few days later.
Dr: Alright well, lets get you scheduled for an appointment next week to go over your lab results.

I should have left when the first girl failed to draw my blood and wish I would have. The experience left me dumbfounded and very angry. This was a testosterone replacement therapy clinic and I knew more than both of the doctors from just 3 days of being on this website.

I could not be more grateful for everyone who has helped me on this website, responded to my questions and put together all of the information on the stickies. I don’ t know where I would be without this information, so thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I already talked to Defy Medical and was immediately relieved by the person I spoke with, the professionalism, knowledge, and willingness to answer all of my questions. I feel like I dodged a bullet here.

Should I report these people to someone or something? The lack of cleanliness protocol putting gloves on then touching a bunch of shit in and outside the room before taking blood, and the fact that this guy was going to shoot me up with 200mg based on 2 month old lab results I brought in?

This doctor clearly doesn’t understand anything about sex hormones, a complete newbie. No need to make a complaint as it’s a blessing in disguise. If this doctor supported and explained to the insurance company why TRT was needed and the only course of action that could be taken, you would have been approved for TRT, but for that to happen the doctor must understand how to explain your situation.

Sadly this is so common and is why so many men are told, you’re normal. There’s simply a complete lack of information regarding sex hormones as medical school doesn’t even cover it, doctors have nowhere to turn to even begin to figure out how to treat low testosterone problems.

Bullshit but what did you expect. It’s very easy to learn these clinics are shit. Takes a few reads on this board :slight_smile:

You get what you pay for to. It’s imposisble to find a great trt doc for 150 or 300$ a month. All of them want a upfront fee and then some want annual fee.