Lab Results/Testosterone 290ng/dl

Update and advise needed once again. I found a new urologist that has done TRT before and went to see him with my paperwork and my argument for treatment. Honestly it was easier than expected, he instantly agreeded on testosterone therapy. Although his protocol is not ideal its a start. He prescribed injections of 200mg e2w which i can reduce to 50mg twice a week which i think is standard. When i asked about anti-e when estradiol starts to increase he stated it wouldnt be needed, so my question is with only 100mg a week is it possible my e2 may stay in check?? Is my best bet to just wait

My advise is to wait and see what happens. Some men don’t need it, especially at 100 mg/week dosages. Be sure to get a baseline and track it after about 6 weeks on the test.

Thanks balla, without this site & help from vets like you I wouldn’t be this far, any input on the pin size? Was thinkin 23-25g 1in

29/30 gauge half inch insulin pin with a 0.5 mL barrel. Find a lean site (quads/deltoids is what I use) and force it deep.

Have you tried SubQ yet VT?

A few studies have said SubQ is just as effective as IM for T shots. If I get the T shots, I might try it SubQ like the HCG.

No, I do just fine IM

Balla, Insulin pins (29g) are working great, although it seems tricky getting all the tiny air bubbles out, how concerned should i be with that? Also how should I time my shots around my next labs which is a little over a week away?

Turn the pin needle side up and flick the air bubbles until they collect at the top…then gently push the plunger forward to expel them…you will lose fluid at first until you get better at it…eventually you will be able to get the bubbles out with just a drop or none at all

I recommend getting your bloodwork done halfway between injections…this shows average values…

Others like to have them done at the trough, so they schedule bloodwork on the day of the injection and take the blood and inject afterwards…this shows the low point

It depends on how you and your doc want to approach things

Well here I go again, 1 step forward and 2 backward…I went for my labs 2day and requested e2 be included and my Doc doesnt want to test or discuss e2 at all, I also told him about the issue I’ve been having this week with my testes drawing up tight almost to the point of going totally MIA and he doesnt want to do HCG either, he stated that the only fix for that is to stop the treatment! I am sooo frustrated and my $800 insurance deductible is not helping. I’m starting to wonder if getting my own labs through an online company and self medicating would be easier than all these dr visits with little results?? Any help appreciated.

it is a way too common reaction from ego-driven doctors with their God-complex.

basically what your doctor is saying is that he doesn’t have a clue how to manage HRT, but rather then admit it, he bluffs by confidently stating “you don’t need that test” or 90% of the other garbage they say…if you keep pressing then his last resort (for others it could be their first option) is to say that you are normal (because a few tests show you “in range”) and that all of your sympoms are due to depression and your only option is to take an anti-depressant.

I agree Chance, This one actually says yes your T is low and throws Testosterone at me but without the other 2 parts of the equation it will be useless. What little production I had is shutting down because my nuts ache and are trying to hibernate. And soon my e2 (which isn’t a factor IHO) will rise and I will grow some nice boobs :)…I have 1 more doctor I’m gonna try here in Louisville and then as a last resort may go with DR John Crisler, have any of you heard of him?

It’s a shame someone who lurks these boards for couple months knows more about TRT than a doctor, oh and BTW I’m going to labcorp office 2moro and getting my e2 tested on my own!!

yeah, i’ve lurked on chrisler’s board as well. he seems to better than most.

Hey guys, just another update that once again proves DONT listen to your Doctor without researching for yourself. Ok I’ve been on 100mg test cyp for 3 1/2 weeks and last week had labs and my doc didnt want to check estradiol but my nipples have been irritaded all week. So I ordered my own labwork online and went down the street to labcorp and had it done. 3 days later heres my results…Initial labs = estadiol 14pg/ml…Todays labs = estradiol 47pg/ml OUCH,gotta get some adex!! I wont know my new test levels till docs labs come back but obviously alot of its converting to e2

Ok I need some direction, I called doc office to try & get some adex for high e2 symptoms and found out over the phone that my testosterone level has shot to 1019ng/dl so obviously Dr want to back it off some to see if e2 gets under control as T level drops which is fine with me but what about the immediate symptoms? My nipples burn a little but aren’t super sensitive. I have some liquid adex at home but worry that if I started self medicating to control e2 it would b impossible to get a Dr to prescribe anti-e. I’ve never had gyno nor do I want to but how serious do the intial signs need to be to get worried about actual tissue growth?

Thanks

Dirty - I live in Louisville, KY. I am new to this board and need help. Can you PM me? I tried sending you a message but I don’t have permission yet. Thanks

I tried responding to your message but am too new and the board won’t allow it yet. Did you find a Dr. that’s willing to work with you and are you satisfied. I had a follow up visit today and couldn’t get mine to prescribe HCG yet. He said he wanted to wait and see if my levels dropped even though I expressed my desire to have another child. It was frustrating but I’m hoping to convince him otherwise.

Well my current Doc will give test, & I’m working on getting him on board with hcg…I presented my case and he was interested enough to do some research on it and I will be discussing it with him in the near future. If he hadn’t been open to it I have a name of another doc that I read had already been discussing it with patients and that was some time ago. So i can give you the name of either one but unless your well read up on the subject I would suggest the latter of the 2

Yes if you will pm me with it I’d appreciate it. I’ve been researching for a couple of months and knew much more than my Endo which is sad.

Hi guys, first I’d like to say thanks to VTballa who was quick to help me out when I first posted, as well as all the vets on here!! Its been quite a while since I posted so I wanted to update in case it helps anyone. Sometimes I wonder why I need such a small dose of test to get great test numbers but am thankful for it.

I have been on 72mgs week split bi weekly and test levels run in high 700’s. At this dosage I don’t need adex so it’s a simple setup. I used 29guage 1/2cc insulin pins and pin mostly delts…Perfect!! I save my quads for blast cycles but that’s a different post. Just keep in mind, simple is good with these programs.