Lab Results, Symptoms - Would Love Some Advice/Opinions

Woohoo…good news.

Depending on how sensitive you are to your body, you could feel some improvement in a matter of weeks.

Keep us updated.

30 minutes til my Defy consult this morning. Today is poised to be, hopefully, a life changing day for me. I’ll let you know how it rolls. Thanks for being somewhat along on the journey, and for caring, all who have reached out. It’s greatly appreciated, knowing that there’s a support group here, with guys that are dealing with the same.

1 Like

Good luck dude. Ask questions you have written down.

Keep us posted. Good luck.

Just got done talking with them. Definitely ending up on TRT, as I suspected I might. @systemlord, you were dead on about the test dosage. Looking at 200mg, split twice weekly. Getting on hCG as well. 1000IUs, split up weekly. He recommended twice, same day as my T injections, right after. I’m willing to try this at first and see how it feels, but I know that a LOT of you on here suggest EOD at 250IUs for hCG, subQ. Thoughts on this one, anyone?

He’s also recommended .125mg of anastrozole, but only if absolutely necessary (ie, I’ve got the symptoms of high E and only if).

He’s giving me 40mg DHEA and a desiccated thyroid as well, to dial everything in. Now I just have to wait to get the order done, and the stuff shipped to me, to get started. I’m hoping this is all here so I can get rolling Monday morning next week.

Thank you all for the thoughts, the comments and suggestions. Let the fun and games begin.

Tell me more about if you need the ai, when to take exactly and frequency?

@anon10230041. For my specific case: My E2 is low. As I’m going to be firing in a pretty good dose of T, my E is gonna go up too. But the doctor thinks I should be fine without the AI. He told me to wait until I feel symptoms of high E, if I ever do. And if that happens, to take the AI with the T injection, to mitigate the high E. But ONLY if I have symptoms of high estrogen. Strategic use of the AI, as opposed to every time I inject.

Regarding the HCG dosage, everyone is different in regards to the sensitivity of HCG and some can’t tolerate it at all, some feel nothing and others benefit greatly. Guys with higher SHBG have less free hormones and so you will need more bound hormones to make enough free hormones.

This is the reason why most higher SHBG guys can go without an AI.

This is my first post here and I was reading your thread. I’m interested in learning more about your Defy Medical consultation…cost, info, etc. Did you have to have all the blood work first? Not trying to hijack your thread but find your case fascinating as I’m in a similar boat. Thanks!

You sign up with Defy Medical, then you go get a physical from a local doctor and take a form to be filled out by a doctor, then faxes form to Defy. You order blood tests through Defy and await the results of your blood test and once Defy reviews bloods, then when your scheduled consult occurs you discuss treatment options via phone or video consult.

Cost is $1300-$2000 yearly depending on dosages and whether or not HCG is used, the second year is less expensive do to not having to pay the consult fee.

Google “Dedy Medical costs”.

@trifive - systemlord is pretty much dead on with that post. It’s been a very simple process. Defy is professional and polite. My conversation with the doctor this morning is probably the best conversation I’ve ever had with a doctor in my life. The time I had him on the phone was my time. No rush, talked through everything, answered any questions. I recommend it highly.

Just called them and am ordering labs. Gotta get a physical. Thanks! Hopefully you’re on the way to feeling better. My issue is my total T is 737 and Free in the 80’s as of last sept. but just had some thyroid stuff done and my rT3 is 24 of a range of 8-25. Not good!

Good luck! So far, it’s been well worth the time and effort, to contact them and work with them. They did a follow-up call same day, about supplies to be ordered, those should ship today. I expect to have them by next Friday, to start the following Monday.

If you haven’t done it yet (I didn’t look, just replied to this), start your own thread after you read all the stickies, post your stuff up, so we can follow along on your journey too. This forum has been fantastic for information and support.

Just want to add for what its worth…

I had my consult with Defy last week. My SHBG is at 60. Yours is crazy high!

They prescribed 160 test split twice a week and 1000iu hcg split twice a week and .125 AI twice a week. Can take more if I have high E2 symptoms. My E2 is 40.

They also recommended thyroid medication to raise my free T3, but I was hesitant and said we can talk after my 90 day bloods. I do my first injection next week. My T3 is at 3.0 range 2.0-4.4

Keep us updated.

Very similar to mine, overall. Good luck! And yes, my SHBG is off the charts. To be fair though, it was pushed that high by the desiccated thyroid I was taking, I had a little too much T4/T3 in my system (I found out the term is pooling, it just sits in the blood unused and makes you feel a lot of hyperthyroid symptoms), and the NDT pushes SHBG. Before I was taking the NDT though, I was at 65, 59 and then 79 on blood work runs done in the last 3 years. Likely genetically, perpetually high. So, my 200 split twice ought to help drive that bastard down.

I was told not to worry about the E2 number, until I felt symptoms. He thinks I’ll survive around 50-60 with no issues, because of how high the SHBG is.

As for your T3, all research I’ve seen points to getting that to right around 4.0 on that scale. I was at 3.0 for awhile and felt not great. I overshot the mark though with the NDT. I’m getting one through Defy though, that is going to be better regulated (1/2 grain increments, so I know how much T4/T3 is in it, the NDT I was on was just mg overall). Hopefully for you the test is enough to bring things in line, but I found that the NDT really helped so far, to get things started regulating. Next week once I get my supplies, the rest of the journey starts and everything comes together.

Any updates? Are you feeling better yet? I did blood work today and physical this week.

Hey. All my supplies coming from Defy get delivered Friday. I’ll be starting everything on Sunday or Monday. Injections every 3.5 days, with hCG at the same time. I’m just anxious to get it started and hope that in the first week or two I truly start feeling better. I see no reason I shouldn’t. I’ll update next week once I’m to injection number 2 on Wednesday or Thursday night and let you know where I stand.

Sounds like you’re well on your way, getting the blood work and physical out of the way.

Good to hear…I’m interested in seeing how you fare. My physical is tomorrow. Today, I slept 8 hours last night woke up at 8 and was ready for a nap and lethargic feeling by 11:15am. Ugh. Doing a saliva cortisol test today as well to see where that is (due to my thyroid numbers and rT3 numbers). Would love to feel energetic and horny.

Just to let you know there’s is light at the end of the tunnel. I am on trt no hcg and for example today super horny. Don’t want to get 2 graphic. But 2 nice loads today.

Pretty graphic HAHAHAHA!