Lab Results on 12.5 mg Clomid EOD; High TSH/SHGB and Low E2/Free T

Here are my lab results on 12.5 mg clomid EOD for 2 months and nothing else except a multivitamin, vit D, etc.

Total T: 726 (264-916)
Free T: 11 (9.3-26.5) - low
E2 sensitive: 14.7 (8-35) - low
SHGB: 89.3 (16.5-55.9) - high
DHEA sulfate: 350 (138.5-475.2)
TSH: 2.86 (0.45-4.5) - high
T3: 2.6 (2-4.4)

I’m worried about the TSH, SHGB and E2… I have bad joint pain/tendonitis, low energy and bad sleep… What can I do to lower TSH and SHGB? And why is my e2 so damn low? It was 17.8 when i was on 25 mg EOD + arimidex, then i dropped the arimidex and just take 12.5 clomid and it still dropped…

I am 27 - was on injections for two years after a lot of drug abuse, unhealthy lifestyle, T went from 149 to over 1300. Came off injections and onto clomid 25 mg eod for 3 months and now I have been on 12.5 mg EOD for a couple of months.

To lower SHBG, stop Clomid since it increases it. It’s killing your Free T and estrogen. This is the reason why Clomid isn’t recommended for men who have SHBG near the top of the range pre-clomid.

You need a thyroid panel to see why TSH is elevated.

When is the last time you took arimidex? Anything else for e2 control? Zinc, cruciferous veggies, b6/b12

Thanks for the responses. My docs plan is to take me off clomid I believe.

I havent taken arimidex in about 1.5 months, I take a multivitamin (15mg zinc) and a b-complex. Not crazy amounts of b6/b12 but more than 100% daily value.

My test levels dropped to 600 when I came off injections and they have been steadily increasing up to mid 700s on a Lower dose of Clomid

If I have been taking Clomid at 12.5 mg eod, can I just stop taking it or should I go to twice a week and then stop?

@KSman I wanted to hear your thoughts… I’ve never really had thyroid issues but now it’s slightly elevated… I cannot get a thyroid panel done for another month… I get above daily value of iodine with supplementation, but not by a lot. Should I avoid iodine?

Should I supplement boron or anything to decrease the SHBG?

Doc is taking me off Clomid to see how well I do without any hrt.

The hope is that since I’m no longer abusing heroin and oxy (like I was prior to getting on test injections 3 years ago) and that I was able to maintain good levels on low dose Clomid, maybe my lifestyle changes will support healthier test levels.

I was on 12.5 Clomid eod and I’m discontonuing immediately without any further taper.

Any recommendations on how to support myself coming off the Clomid?

By the way, current supplements are as follows:
RAW ONE multi for men
5000 iu Vit D + K2 eod
Fish oil
Vit b complex
Magnesium (not in multi)
Iodine (not in multi)

Today marks two weeks after quitting Clomid.

Kinda feeling like shit honestly. Initially I was feeling better but taken a dip the last few days. Very fatigued, bad brain fog, libido is meh.

I did take boron for about a week to help with SHBG lowering but haven’t found much relief.

I’m feeling very bad low e2 symptoms it would appear. Any suggestions?

Get back on it but use Enclomiphene its clomid without the nasty side effects you can get it at online research chemical sites

As much as I’d like to, I am committed to seeing where my natural levels are at least a month after stopping Clomid, since I used it for restart purposes after being on injections for 2 years.

Also, Clomid didn’t necessarily cause me a lot of side effects nor did it raise my e2 at all. It did, however, raise my SHBG crazy high. Does enclomiphene not raise SHBG?

I am waiting eagerly for your updates. I am currently trying an HPTA clomid-only restart after a idiopathic breakdown.

Will keep you posted. It has been about 3 weeks since discontinuing. I was sick this week so my energy was shot but overall feeling ok.

No libido issues as of yet but I’m feeling very tired much earlier in the day around 7 pm.

Getting a thyroid panel done next weekend to see if that has anything to do with my low energy levels.

1 Like

Have you ever gotten any test results after you stopped clomid? Were you successful?

No, my levels dropped back again.

I returned to TRT.

Clomid fucked me up big time. Made SHBG sky rocket and my e2 drop so low after discontinuing trt that I still have tendinitis and joint pain from low e2.

I will only consider Clomid when I am trying to have children. And that’s only if trt/hcg fails first.