Lab Results, Looking for Advise

I’ll introduce myself first, my name is Shawn. I am a policeman and former Army Infantry (8 years). I’ve been having some serious motivation an depression issues, and just didn’t quite feel like I use to. I told the doctor, he checked my test levels and wouldn’t ya know it I was low, like way low. Test was 203, percent of free test was 2.2. So he started me today on testosterone cypionate, 100mg every two weeks. I’m no doctor and I have never taken test before but it seems like a really really low dose. Any thoughts or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Have you taken any measures to raise your testosterone naturally? You may be doing a few things that are suppressing it. It’s definitely worth a little self-research just to see if there’s more you could be doing naturally before you turn to any medication. The testosterone cypionate will raise your levels artificially which may just make it more difficult for your body to produce any test on it’s own, at all. Your body will actually stop producing it naturally if the 100mg dosage brings your levels up to normal and bouncing back from that if you ever want to come off of it could be really difficult. Did your doctor go over all of that with you? Just want to be sure he’s got your best interests at heart: you know how some doctors can be with medication :confused:

Shawn,

Do not start any form of TRT until you have LH/FSH tested. This diagnostic work cannot be done after you start TRT. If you are over 45 years of age, one might then assume that its age related decline.

Your age and other details are really important.
You only had total testosterone tested?
Post all labs with lab ranges.

Any blows to the head or blast exposures? That can damage the pituitary gland.
Low thyroid function has most of the same spectrum of symptoms as low T, so many who come here have a double dose of symptoms.

Suggested TRT:
self-inject 50mg T cyp twice a week, SC/SQ not IM, with #29 1/2" 0.5ml insulin syringes
take 0.5mg an anastrozole at time of injections

Please do not ignore last paragraph in this post to eval overall thyroid function.

The most important part of your TRT is reading the following.
You cannot assume that doctors know enough about these issues to do anything right.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.
250iu hCG SC/SQ EOD to preserver testes and fertility

1 Like

I uploaded the complete lab results that I got, my doctor didn’t really go over them with me. At first he said my test levels were normal then he called me back and said he made a mistake. Funny you mention blast injuries. I have been through a number of IED blast but never really diagnosed with Tbi or anything like that. I am 32 years old. I’ll definitely read those sticky notes. Really sounds like I have to educate my doctor on this subject. I do get nervous about “bro science” and hold my doctor’s opinions pretty high. Because, you know, he’s a doctor.