Lab Results: High T, Low Free-T, Very High SHBG

No one here is going to agree with what I am about to write - some will even tell you that my post is “ridiculous”. So take that for what it is worth. I believe in hearing alternate opinions before making any big jumps. Plus I am the bastard child - the only one here using Testosterone pellets.

I wish the doctors would have suggested I take something to lower the SHBG FIRST .

Yes, take boron. Currently the best IMO is Immersions Fructo Borate Complex. As soon as I run out of my previous supply, that is what I will switch to because of the increased bioavailability and double the elemental boron as most supplements.

Consider experiments with either Proviron or Danazol BEFORE TRT. Danazol works for me and has lowered my SHBG 60%. Yes, it is possible that it will crash your natural Testosterone production, but it may not as you have relatively high T levels (798ng/dL).

Even if it does crash your T levels and doesn’t work as you had hoped, you were considering TRT anyway and in my experience, Testosterone ALONE does not bring down very high SHBG levels.

I wish I would have tried to reduce my SHBG through Danazol/Proviron before going to TRT. In your case, it is your FREE-T % that is causing your problems IMO – just as it was for me.

You are going to be told that your T-levels are “artificially high” due to your high SHBG. I don’t believe that. I think your SHBG is taking all of your T that you have.

A free opinion … take it for what it is worth.