Lab Results: Help Me Understand

Hi Guys,

Got some routine lab work by my doc because I’ve been having an underactive libido and some other stuff that is bugging me. I got the preliminary results and a few values are of concern to me.

My total Testosterone is 517. I’m 25 years old and noticed a drop in libido about a year ago. Haven’t had a chance to talk to the doctor about that number, but does it seem okay? The value for free testosterone is still pending. This feels low to me (not trying to get on HRT if I don’t need it, but I’m not like I used to be and I’m too young for this).

My TSH level is 0.8812 out of a reference range of 0.3500 to 4.940, which also seems low. Is this an issue? Is this worth following up on if I don’t have a ton of energy?

Your BW without E2 estrogen levels will not be very useful. E, even in normal range, when higher can cause these problems. Your T might be a bit low for 25.

What are your stats? height, weight and % BF?

Any changes in skin conditions or acne?

Any blows to the head or car accidents in the last couple of years? Testicles the same size, hanging normally or ache?

Taking any meds or drinking more alcohol? Gained weight in this time period? Fat patterns changed?

Low energy, passive, depressed, loosing muscle, sleep problems, skin thinner, falling asleep after meals, irritable or frustrated by small issues?

More stuff on TRT and related issues on the over 35 lifter forums.

[quote]InCorporeSano wrote:
Hi Guys,

Got some routine lab work by my doc because I’ve been having an underactive libido and some other stuff that is bugging me. I got the preliminary results and a few values are of concern to me.

My total Testosterone is 517. I’m 25 years old and noticed a drop in libido about a year ago. Haven’t had a chance to talk to the doctor about that number, but does it seem okay? The value for free testosterone is still pending. This feels low to me (not trying to get on HRT if I don’t need it, but I’m not like I used to be and I’m too young for this).

My TSH level is 0.8812 out of a reference range of 0.3500 to 4.940, which also seems low. Is this an issue? Is this worth following up on if I don’t have a ton of energy?

[/quote]

[quote]KSman wrote:

What are your stats? height, weight and % BF?

Any changes in skin conditions or acne?

Any blows to the head or car accidents in the last couple of years? Testicles the same size, hanging normally or ache?

Taking any meds or drinking more alcohol? Gained weight in this time period? Fat patterns changed?

Low energy, passive, depressed, loosing muscle, sleep problems, skin thinner, falling asleep after meals, irritable or frustrated by small issues?
[/quote]

Thanks for the reply!

I’m 6’2", 210lbs, somewhere between 12 and 15% body fat (total guess)

No acne or anything.

Testicles are the same size, no car accidents or head injuries.

Drinking LESS alcohol, no meds, but definitely noticed it’s harder to get and stay really lean. I’ve put on some fat (which I’m working really hard-- with some success-- to get rid of) around my hips and ass.

I don’t feel super-energetic like I used to, and I’ve been anxious more than depressed. I do get sleepy after meals (what is that associated with?) and I enjoy napping more than I should.

Still waiting on the free test level…

You are showing multiple signs of low T and perhaps some E interferance as well. Next step is a doc who knows what to do and you need to go for transdermals or injections.

HCG will keep the testes working.

Go to the over 35 lifter forum and find the 'in praise of TRT+AI" and :“self injections are great” threads.

Come on back, on that other formun, later as the situation develops. Most TRT/HRT threads and guys are there.