LA Times Article

To Zeb,

In the book, Charlie Francis Training System, Francis lists several sample workouts for his athletes. I recall of the sprinters benched over 330pds with Ben being the strongest. His squat and power clean were impressive also.

ZEB,

I found his bench PB at www.charliefrancis.com

Its legit, Francis himself confirmed it.

I think that the article doesnt look at the whole picture. There is no mention of fat intake. Particularly Omega-3’s. Also there is no specification on which sport they are talking about. Some would do just fine with low carbs. The issue of carb intolerance isnt even mentioned. As Mauro Di Pasquale mentions in his Metabolic Diet Book, athletes will suffer on a low carb diet if they are genetically predisposed to eating a high carb diet. For those with carb intolerance, they will do just fine. If you are one who can function using fat oxidation, then you will enjoy the that you have access to more energy from fat as it yields 9 kcals per gram vs 4 from carbs. This article is too “one foot in the door and one foot out” IMO. It needs more specification.

I think it’s about finding what works for the individual

one thing i noticed with me is that after trying high carbs and low carbs, eating carbs, a good amount of low glycemic carbs (save post workout) at around 40% of total cals has helped me great
as far as body comp, i’ve always wanted to be ripped but trianing hard and lots of HIIT takes care of that