LA Fitness Sucks

I just recently joined La fitness because my local gym closed up. First of all I just dont understand why the fuck they play britney spears and all this bubble gum girly shit in a gym. Secondly, Ive had about 4 different “personal trainers” come up to me asking me questions and seeing if I wanted a free workout. WTF is this shit, im getting harrased by trainers who dont know shit, and are in worse shape then my granpop, and there playing girl music. La fitness sucks!

3 Likes

[quote]zamoney55 wrote:
I just recently joined La fitness because my local gym closed up. First of all I just dont understand why the fuck they play britney spears and all this bubble gum girly shit in a gym. Secondly, Ive had about 4 different “personal trainers” come up to me asking me questions and seeing if I wanted a free workout. WTF is this shit, im getting harrased by trainers who dont know shit, and are in worse shape then my granpop, and there playing girl music. La fitness sucks![/quote]

Yes, it does. An MP3 player is required at these places.

i agree bro. thats why im getting my rack . just sent in my cancellation

[quote]zamoney55 wrote:
I just recently joined La fitness because my local gym closed up. First of all I just dont understand why the fuck they play britney spears and all this bubble gum girly shit in a gym. Secondly, Ive had about 4 different “personal trainers” come up to me asking me questions and seeing if I wanted a free workout. WTF is this shit, im getting harrased by trainers who dont know shit, and are in worse shape then my granpop, and there playing girl music. La fitness sucks![/quote]

Train at home. bar and rack usually don’t go above 1 year membership. Or train at a uni or college. Or By a kettle stack and go from there.

Alternatively just get an ipod or whatever and ignore it. Also start doing the most “dangerous” moves around like snatch and clean all the time. PT’s hate those, hate em.

I used to actively seek to piss them off for the 2 month period I trained at a “normal” gym. then they wouldn’t let me cancel my membership after they said they would so I took a shit in the shower.

naw I just cancelled the payment on the credit card. I’m not enough of an asshole to curl a log in the shower. On your lawn, yeah. In the shower, no.

-chris

haha yeah im at la fitness too. its not the greatest place to work out but compared to other commercial gyms its the best in my opinion. if you dont have an mp3 player i would get one. problem solved.

Sounds like Washington Sports Club.

How dare you, Zamoney? Helping people feels good! So what if you have to pay for their help? :-o

I know what you mean with the annoying PT’s, but what are the alternatives. Gotta make a living somehow and sitting back and watching everyone isnt going to generate much business.

I would only approach someone who clearly needs assistance, like if they cant squat properly or are endqangerin themselves with extra sloppy form.

[quote]zamoney55 wrote:

Welcome to commercial gym hell.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
zamoney55 wrote:
I just recently joined La fitness because my local gym closed up. First of all I just dont understand why the fuck they play britney spears and all this bubble gum girly shit in a gym. Secondly, Ive had about 4 different “personal trainers” come up to me asking me questions and seeing if I wanted a free workout. WTF is this shit, im getting harrased by trainers who dont know shit, and are in worse shape then my granpop, and there playing girl music. La fitness sucks!

Welcome to commercial gym hell.[/quote]

[quote]realpeanutbutter wrote:
zamoney55 wrote:

Train at home. bar and rack usually don’t go above 1 year membership. Or train at a uni or college. Or By a kettle stack and go from there.

Alternatively just get an ipod or whatever and ignore it. Also start doing the most “dangerous” moves around like snatch and clean all the time. PT’s hate those, hate em.

I used to actively seek to piss them off for the 2 month period I trained at a “normal” gym. then they wouldn’t let me cancel my membership after they said they would so I took a shit in the shower.

naw I just cancelled the payment on the credit card. I’m not enough of an asshole to curl a log in the shower. On your lawn, yeah. In the shower, no.

-chris[/quote]

haha…curl a log.

build your own gym. It took me years to figure this out but most of the best lifters out there train at home or at private facilities. Commercial gyms just aren’t designed with serious lifters in mind.

I liked the LA fitness I used to go to. It had heavy dumbells, plenty of plates, and enough racks and benches. But a somewhat pussified clientele. There was little competition for equipment, and I could do efficient, non-nonsense workouts. Rarely did I have to wait for anything to open up.

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
I liked the LA fitness I used to go to. It had heavy dumbells, plenty of plates, and enough racks and benches. But a somewhat pussified clientele. There was little competition for equipment, and I could do efficient, non-nonsense workouts. Rarely did I have to wait for anything to open up.[/quote]

I joined LA Fitness a couple months ago and actually like it too. No one says a word to me when I’m working out. There is like one personal trainer and he just talks to this one haggard girl the whole time. I think I’ve seen about 2 people actually doing legs there so racks are usually open. Except there is the occasional jackass in a power rack doing his whole workout, but that is at every commercial gym. The weight area is secluded and kind of hidden. I could probably workout on a speedo and no one would say a thing.

joined for one month and im done with it already…too many treadmills and not enough barbells and weights. place is so frigging crowded all the damn time…wtf im gone already.

1 Like

Re-animating a 12-and-a-half year thread. Awesome!

3 Likes

That’s a really big commercial gym so what do you expect if you go between the hours of 5:30pm-8pm.

I agree, you would either have to start wrapping up your workout by 5:30pm or start warming up by 8pm. See how it is in the early morning hours. I find that usually people in the morning don’t waste their time as much. They have work to get to so there’s little room for distractions.

Best time for commercial gyms in non big city like areas would be around 12:30pm-3:30pm. Should be completely dead.

I’m gonna start my own thread about other gyms I hate