La Cucina Anabolica Italiana

Really excellent thread, glad to see it revived. The good Dr is producing some tasty looking meals.

If anyone cares, Gilt is having a good sale on John Boos cutting boards: http://www.gilt.com/home/sale/get-cutting-featuring-john-boos

Move over SteelyD…

Step down dr pangloss…

… coming soon to T-Nation, bird seed productions (BSP) is proud to introduce…

“The flying kitchen”

Starting in may 2013.

tweet

Went with tender fall-off-the-bone baby back ribs tonight.

Super easy to cook. 10 mins prep time.

1. Remove membrane from under side of rib.
  2. Salt, Pepper and bbq both sides of rib
  3. Coat tin foil in EVOO and wrap ribs completely in tin foil
  4. Throw in oven meat side down for 3-3.25 hrs @ 275
  5. Take out, cover meat side with bbq.
  6. Throw in oven for 15 more mins.

These things were so damn tender and delicious.

Nutrition facts for 4oz serving of baby back ribs(according to livestrong.com)

~234 cals
~18 g protein
~18 g fat

I just finished Easter dinner at my Aunts, but my mouth is WATERING looking at those ribs.

I looked at the sauce and immediately knew you were from IL.

[quote]Dr. Pangloss wrote:
I just finished Easter dinner at my Aunts, but my mouth is WATERING looking at those ribs.

I looked at the sauce and immediately knew you were from IL.[/quote]

Hell yeah! Gotta lather that shit on…just a heart attack.

I’m telling you, I couldn’t get those things off the baking sheet, they were so tender they just fell apart.

Here’s a typical dilemma, I had 10 minutes to get out of the house. My options were to make something at home or grab McDonald’s on the way.

I love poached eggs. The yolk makes a great sauce for whatever you serve it over and they’re very easy to make. Boil water in a nonstick pan, and crack the egg into a small cup. Once the water boils, turn it down to a simmer and gently pour the egg in. In 3 minutes, you’ve got a solid white with a nice runny, warm yolk. I served it over a bag of spinach sauteed in butter, onion, and garlic, with a simple Caprese salad consisting of tomato, Buffalo mozzarella, fresh basil, salt, pepper, and olive oil. After the pic was taken, I added sliced avocado.

Nutritional info (McDonalds Angus Bacon and Cheese in parenthesis)

Pro 53g (45)
Carb 25g (63)
Fat 64g (39)
Total Cals 861 (790)

Cost:
3 eggs 45 cents
bag of spinach $1.50
tomato 35 cents
mozzarella $1.25
Avocado 25 cents
Total cost: $3.90

For less than a McDonalds burger, and in just about the same amount of time as sitting thru a drivethru, I was able to make a lunch that consisted of more calories, more nutritional value per calorie, and at a slightly lower cost.

god I love you guys so much

Quick tip: the meat department manager at a supermarket typically marks down meat that doesn’t sell over the weekend on Monday morning. I just picked up $100 worth of meat (ribeyes, porterhouses, short ribs, and ox tail (!!!) for $64. Everything is going in my freezer for a later date, except the ox tail. I’ve got to do some reading…

Pork Tenderlion
Seasoned w/Garlic, Shallot, Roasted Bell Pepper, Pepper, Sea Salt

The Brussel Sprouts Need A Head Start
w/Coconut Oil, Pepper, Sea Salt

About Half Way There…
Add the Mushroom, Red Bell Pepper, and Asparagus

Remove the tenderlion and apply the crust.
Parmesan, Asiago, Peach Preserve, Basil, Sweet Chili

There we go.

[quote]BlueCollarTr8n wrote:

His

His[/quote]

Hers

BlueCollarTr8n is my hero.

Good Eats