La Cucina Anabolica Italiana

This thread gives me a semi-hard on everytime I sift through it. You got any tips on pork chops, Steely?

This is amazing. It reminds me of my nonna’s cooking as well

Steely where in Italy are your parents from they’re not from the North like mine by any chance

Trying out the salmon at the beginning of the thread tomorrow. Major brownie points form the girlfriend will be earned

[quote]Bambi wrote:
This is amazing. It reminds me of my nonna’s cooking as well

Steely where in Italy are your parents from they’re not from the North like mine by any chance

Trying out the salmon at the beginning of the thread tomorrow. Major brownie points form the girlfriend will be earned[/quote]

Thanks, Bambi!

LOL- my parents are from South Jersey :wink: My great grandparents came over on a boat in the early 1900’s. Stoneworkers and lettuce farmers.

[quote]HallikFrank wrote:
This thread gives me a semi-hard on everytime I sift through it. You got any tips on pork chops, Steely?[/quote]

Make sure they’re cooked through… :confused:

Whatcha looking to do?

Boned or boneless?

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

This thread gives me a semi-hard on everytime I sift through it. You got any tips on pork chops, Steely?[/quote]

Whatcha looking to do?

Boned or boneless?[/quote]

I find myself eating a lot of pork chops (boned usually) lately, mainly because its the cheapest meat I can get around here. Usually, I just pan-fry the chops with a little salt and pepper and eat them with a baked potato. This is fine for a quick meal, but still its kind of bland. Any ideas on how to make it a bit more interesting? Thanks.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

Whatcha looking to do?

I find myself eating a lot of pork chops (boned usually) lately, mainly because its the cheapest meat I can get around here. Usually, I just pan-fry the chops with a little salt and pepper and eat them with a baked potato. This is fine for a quick meal, but still its kind of bland. Any ideas on how to make it a bit more interesting? Thanks.[/quote]

Is pan fry your only option, or can you use an oven or grill?

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

Whatcha looking to do?

I find myself eating a lot of pork chops (boned usually) lately, mainly because its the cheapest meat I can get around here. Usually, I just pan-fry the chops with a little salt and pepper and eat them with a baked potato. This is fine for a quick meal, but still its kind of bland. Any ideas on how to make it a bit more interesting? Thanks.[/quote]

Is pan fry your only option, or can you use an oven or grill?[/quote]

Not to derail, but I live above an old lady who won’t let us have a grill, so I’ve been doing all my steaks in a skillet in the broiler, and they’ve actually been coming out awesome.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

Whatcha looking to do?

Is pan fry your only option, or can you use an oven or grill?[/quote]

Oven is an option, grill is not.

Just an update - salmon went down very very well. Girlfriend was appreciative to say the least.

Ah fair enough dude. I don’t know if your family’s the same, but whenever I go there and ask for extra protein with the meal instead of more stodgy carbs they assume I have something wrong with my eating habits. Carbs carbs and more carbs :slight_smile:

Words cannot express my gratitude for this thread.

[quote]Cassetti wrote:
Words cannot express my gratitude for this thread.[/quote]

LOL- no problem, fratello. I love to cook and I love to share the experience. I’m glad you like the stuff!

Was in Atlanta for an annual biz meeting this week. We always go to “The Manchester Arms English Pub” to eat.

This year I got the 24 oz pork chop. I didn’t quite get the recipe, but I think it’s marinated in Guiness and slow cooked, then they char grill it.

I’m going to try to experiment with this when I get my new grill set up (after all the snow melts…)

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
Was in Atlanta for an annual biz meeting this week. We always go to “The Manchester Arms English Pub” to eat.

This year I got the 24 oz pork chop. I didn’t quite get the recipe, but I think it’s marinated in Guiness and slow cooked, then they char grill it.

I’m going to try to experiment with this when I get my new grill set up (after all the snow melts…)[/quote]

Of course, the pork chop never really had a chance…

Nice appetizer, what was the main course?

they had yuengling in atlanta?

[quote]E99_Curt wrote:
they had yuengling in atlanta?[/quote]

I was astounded at the same thing. The local folks had no idea why I was surprised. I don’t know how long they’ve been shipping out of PA/OH/NJ/MD/NY, but apparently it’s been a few years.

I was weened on Yeungling :wink:

Wow-- 100k + views in this thread. Awesome. Thanks for the support.

I’ll try to get some new recipes up soon.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
Wow-- 100k + views in this thread. Awesome. Thanks for the support.

I’ll try to get some new recipes up soon.[/quote]

I fuckin love pork chops, but it’s one of meats that I don’t have any good recipes for. I’m tired sauteing pork loins with garlic, onions and butter. You got any recipes for pork chops in the saute pan or the skillet?

awesome thread

This thread gives my tongue a hard-on