LA Auto Show

I went to the La Auto Show this weekend and thought I’d share some random thoughts.

The Nissan GTR looks pretty awesome. 480 HP with supposedly insane track capabilities for $70K doesn’t sounds too shabby.

BMW’s interiors are ridiculously ugly. Not much has changed in the last 10 years. Their M6 seemed like possibly the most comfortable car to sit in at the show.

I was surprised that I was actually quite comfortable in a Porsche Cayman S.

The Saturn Sky and Pontiac Solstice are incredibly small. I couldn’t hit the clutch/brake without being stopped by the steering wheel and with the door closed my left arm was severely internally rotated.

The Mitsubishi Eclipse coupe was decent comfort except for the short roof. I’m not tall by any means at 6’, but I had to put my seat back gangster style to keep my head from rubbing against the car.

Aston Martin’s new model (I think the Vantage) was definitely one of the best looking cars of the show.

The Lamborghini Reventon was the best car at the show without a doubt. I was amazed just looking at how it made every other car look like crap, even the other Lambo models. Truly awesome looking in person.

Those new Dodge/Chrysler vans with the rotating chairs and tables ARE SMALL. I saw one skinny kid have barely any leg room, I have no idea how the commercials show two kids facing each other.

The new STI looked cool, but too bad no sedans.

The new Ford Bullitt is not impressive, and their forest green color is even worse.

The Mustang GT500 KR looked great, wouldn’t mind trading in my stang for one.

The Maybach looks rather bland in person.

Of all the manufactuers present, I thought the most uninspiring was Acura, although I can’t put my finger on why. Also, their complete lack of improving horsepower bewilders me.

The Corvette, as always, was awesome. For under $80k it’s the best performing car available without a doubt.

The Ferrari 430 Scuderia seems like it’d be one helluva nice car to drive. Ferrari girls not bad either…

The Reventon looks that good in person, huh? I’ve always been a huge Lambo fan but when I saw pictures of the Reventon I wanted to hurl. It just looked to me like somebody took a regular LP640 and stuck an Ugly kit on it. But sometimes seeing them in person is a whole different experience. Maybe I need to.

In person it looks incredibly aggressive and I was surprised how much they lowered the ground clearance even more so compared to previous models. I understand what you mean, I remember watching its debut video a couple weeks ago and thinking it wasn’t all that impressive, but wow did I change my mind after seeing it.