T Nation

L-Dopa to Raise HGH?

Anyone ever used L-dopa? Some sites say that it could raise levels of HGH. Just curious to see if anyone has tried it and have gotten good results from it.

[quote]Hawkguy wrote:
Anyone ever used L-dopa? Some sites say that it could raise levels of HGH. Just curious to see if anyone has tried it and have gotten good results from it.[/quote]

That or bromocriptine are used to treat Parkinson’s. I don’t know if they raise HGH, but they will improve your sex life :slight_smile:

[quote]Hawkguy wrote:
Anyone ever used L-dopa? Some sites say that it could raise levels of HGH. Just curious to see if anyone has tried it and have gotten good results from it.[/quote]

I inquired about this for different purposes on the steroids forum a while ago (search if you like) and I got a resounding “DO NOT DO IT!” from pretty much all of the more knowledgeable posters including one MD.

I was concerned because my prolactin levels were on the high end when I got my bloodwork done. They weren’t beyond the normal range though. Anyway, apparently it’s not the safest thing to tamper with.

L-Dopa isn’t dangerous if you are using the right dose.

It does effect mood though. Some people get pretty angry while on it.

If you want to try it, you should go ahead and try, but in my opinion you won’t notice the GH benefits.