L-Carnitine Injections - A Learning Experience

pre. all pins first thing in the morning.

Not on purpose, but it often works out that way.

2 Likes

What were your injection sites? asking because Iā€™m running low due to ED TRT pinningā€¦ combining this with ED L-Car injections is going to leave me feeling like a pin cushion

1 Like

delts, ventroglute, dorsoglute, vastus lateralis, rectus femoris

I know youā€™ve seen this. a lurker may find it useful

2 Likes

The authors are comparing the studies that made their screening cut:

To the ones that did not:

As already shared by another member, this paper only discusses oral adminstration. Not a lot of work on IM/SQ method of administration.

2 Likes

Alright so a handfull of glute shots later and virtually no pain.

Did a Vastus Medialis shot this morning and suffering the consequences. @throwawayfitness did the injections ever end up hurtingess over time? Or did you just get used to it? Was there anything that could be done to ease this? It feels like a big knot in the middle of my thigh

Also, i need bigger syringes if Iā€™m to follow the 200mg/55lb protocol, so ive ordered some 27ga 1/2" Luer Locks with 3cc syringesā€¦ may end up combining both Test C and L-Carnitine into a single syringe as Iā€™d rather not be poking 2 holes in myself daily. Did my best to find Low Dead Space 3cc syringes but good lord are they hard ti find.

Injection site:

I sit down at my desk and go from the top or the side. Doesnā€™t hurt, just feels weird. Can make me twitch.

I was afraid to try this. afraid the oil and water wonā€™t mix and will be in a pocket under my skin. until they absorb

2 Likes

This is a fair point, but Iā€™ve also heard it argued that itā€™s better to combine oil and water compounds as they wont mix. Wasnā€™t sure about it, but it sounded fine. The oil wouldnā€™t actually absorb into the muscle anyways as weā€™re mostly water - it kinda makes sense that doing mixed oil/water injections wouldnā€™t be a problemā€¦ also makes sense that they would be lol. Guess I need to do more research.

1 Like

Hit both shoulders with L-Car and left shoulder was a mixed injection with .13ml T dose - no issues. Shoulders feel a little sore/numb, but not too bad tbh.

Dorso Glutes: 10/10
Vastsus Medialus: 3/10
Shoulders: 8/10

2 Likes

Iā€™ve mixed oil (test) and water (HCG) in the same shot without any obvious issues. Thereā€™s a post on Excelmale with a YouTube clip.
I thought about putting test and BCP157 in the same shot but decided against as the peptides are meant to be soo fragile it may degrade it?
I plan to do HGH soon and will be looking to do together with the test but will read up a lot more beforehand for the possibly substance interaction rather than the carrier.

TL/DR
It doesnā€™t appear that the oil and water mix is an issue of itself, but could be depending on whatā€™s being mixed?

1 Like

Have been mixing test and L-Carnitine in the same syringe for about a week now - no poor interactions to report.

Tried Ventro Glutes this morningā€¦ may even enjoy these more than Dorso Glutes.

2 Likes

LOL. The insulin needles I order have the slogan ā€œcomfort you can feelā€. A nice comfortable needle haha.

2 Likes

Honestly I was struggling to find a syringe that could hold the volume I neededā€¦ Iā€™m not a particular fan of needles (nice combination with ED pinning :roll_eyes:) so bigger needles make me get all antsy.

I started TRT with 27g 1/2" 1ml insulin needles, which was fine for just test. When I started adding in L-Car at 1.5ml/day, I needed a bigger syringe. Come to find out, bigger syringe = bigger needle! I wasnā€™t happyā€¦ Best I could find was 3ml syringes and 27g 1/2" needles with Luer Locks :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

Anyways, I can definitely ā€˜feelā€™ my L-Car injections, but at least the small gauge needle makes it a little more tolerable. The injections take like a minute and a half though with that kind of volume - itā€™s 1.63ml per shot when combinedā€¦ lots of fun lol

1 Like

I like the 27 gauge 1/2" needles the best out of what I have tried. Smaller than that and filling the syringe becomes to time consuming for me (I am probably a bit impatient).

2 Likes

Same. Iā€™m considering getting some larger Luer Lock needles for drawing, I just havenā€™t pulled the trigger yet.

1 Like

Lat injection went well. A little sore afterwards and kind of an awkward position to get into (because Iā€™ve got broad shoulders and T-Rex length arms) but Iā€™d rank this just under ventro glutes.

1 Like