L.A. Training for Fat Loss

hello everybody, i’ve a big question in my mind, how should i train for fat loss? especially Charles Poliquin talk about Lactic Acid Training for Fat Loss… in his article:

“Consider that the typical amount of GH that professional bodybuilders inject each day is actually a smaller amount than that released by the pituitary during lactate training! In fact, if the program is done correctly, GH production is 9 times normal?enough to make an army of dwarves grow tall.”

how about what CT’s argument in his “Lifting for Fat Loss?10 Take Home Points”:

“As a comparison, the body’s natural production of GH varies from 1 IU to 2 IU per day (so maybe 0.25 to 0.5 IU during exercise). So it?s unlikely that the slight, transient increase in growth hormone levels from strength training would cause any significant short term improvements in body composition.”

which is the right to train for fat loss? i respect both of these two coach, but their argument is opposite to each other…

anyone can help me out?

In his Running Man article, Christian also discusses how his athletes (Hockey players if I recall) were getting lean doing 400m Sprints. This is an outstanding Lactic Acid training exercise - it lasts about as long as your muscles can cope with the rapid build up of Lactic Acid.

To me, that is not a coincidence.

The comments about GH to me are simply distracting because they are so conflicting. The GH changes may simply be the result of an exercise, not a driver for body change per se.

I have seen my body change shape in the last month - bigger and leaner (and I wasn’t exactly fat to start with). I personally attribute my size increase to The Waterbury Method, and my decreased fat to Chad’s GPP ASAP - which I went at with an intensity unmatched in my training past. I believe this primarily uses the anearobic Energy System (i.e. L.A training), albeit with increasing aerobic Energy System usage coming into play too towards the end of the workout, as fatigue starts to set in owing to the intensity I tried to maintain.

If you want to lose fat - try one of the L.A. programs. What have you to lose? A shit-load of fat, perhaps? :slight_smile:

Me, I’m on Meltdown Training from Monday; and my expectations are high. I’ve promised myself I’ll post some before and after photos on here one day when you all need cheering up! :slight_smile:

Good luck!

WiZ

Whenever I use one of the LA training methods, Meltdown, CP’s work, CT’s running man activities, I physically feel hotter for hours afterwards. Now, that heat has to be coming from somewhere, specifically thermogenisis in my own body. I have no idea if I have increased my GH, but I do know that high intestiy bouts of LA combined with Low Intenstiy aerobics the rest of the week to keep my overall calorie expenditure higher have a definite impact on my body fat levels.