T Nation

Kyle's Powerlifting Log

Military Press
Barx10
95x5
135x3
155x1
165x1
170x1

Push Press
165x3
155x5
135x9

DB Bench Press
60’s x8
50’s x12x3

Chest Supported T-Bar Row
Plate x8
Plate + 25 x5
2 Plates x5
2 Plates + 25 x5,5

Neutral Grip Chins
BW x12,10,9,6

SSB Box Squat (same height)
80x8
170x5
220x3
260x1 added belt
300x1
320x1 (PR!)
340x0 (had a little help out of the pit)
330x3 added reverse light bands
330x2

RDL’s
135x10
185x10
225x10
275x6

Seated SSB Good Mornings
Barx10-12 x3 sets

I remember my last singles day when 300 with knee wraps was an almighty struggle, now 320 w/out wraps isn’t hardly a problem. Goddamn this is fun.

Ballistic Bench
45x20
95x10
135x3x3 (close grip)
155x3x3 (wide grip, less ballistic lol)

Skull Crushers/J.M. Press (curl bar)
25’s x8x3/ 8x3

Cable Rows
137.5x8
162.5x5x3

BW @ 174, what can I say, I’m a skinny kid at heart.

Box Jumps
worked up to about a 44" box, did maybe 4-5 reps there, 10-12 reps total

Kneeling jump to feet (not sure if it has a name)
maybe 4-5 sets of 5

BB Curls
60x12,12

Pronated Curl Bar curls
15’s x 8
10’s x12, 12

BB 30’s
40x2 cycles

Felt good to do some explosive athletic movements, hadn’t done anything like that for awhile and I could feel it. Need to just go in and play some hoops someday.

BW 176.5!!
Bench
45x15
95x8
135x3
165x1
185x1
195x1
205x1 (Hell yes!)

BB Rows
135x5
185x6
205x6x4

DB Bench
70’s x8,6
55’s x12,12

JM Press (curl bar)
35/side x12
45/side x10x3

Conor Press
Sled x10
10/side x10x3

Wow awesome night. Absolutely the first time I’ve pressed 200+. Did a whole bunch of other work just cuz I was feeling so good tonight so I really blasted my arms and upper body.

On a side note, about to sign up for my first powerlifting meet! UPA meet in July. If things keep going like they are, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect an 1100 total. Going purely by what I’ve actually hit in the gym, 320,205,455, I still havent reached my 1000lb total goal yet, but I’ve had some close misses in the squat and deadlift. Also I’m expecting to straight bar squat 350 with knee wraps next week so that will push me over 1000lbs, and then I’ll have a few weeks and some adrenaline and the meet to find 90 more lbs. Here we go!

DE Squats
45x10
135x5
135x3 added light bands
155x2 added belt
185x2x5

DE Deadlift
135x5
225x3
225x1,1 with short mini’s
225x1,1,1 with short lights
225x1,1,1 mini’s and light’s

GHR
BWx10x3 (hands on head)

Was able to train with Jakerz while he showed me the finer points of a dynamic lower body day. Great workout, the squats freaking did me in. I think I’m definitely going to try training with a westside-type system, though I’m not sure how to schedule it. In my mind I’d like to see if I can get in an ME squat day and an ME deadlift day along with a DE day. We’ll see how it goes, and if I pull well enough on the DE day maybe I won’t need to every week.

[quote]kblk3125 wrote:
DE Squats
45x10
135x5
135x3 added light bands
155x2 added belt
185x2x5

DE Deadlift
135x5
225x3
225x1,1 with short mini’s
225x1,1,1 with short lights
225x1,1,1 mini’s and light’s

GHR
BWx10x3 (hands on head)

Was able to train with Jakerz while he showed me the finer points of a dynamic lower body day. Great workout, the squats freaking did me in. I think I’m definitely going to try training with a westside-type system, though I’m not sure how to schedule it. In my mind I’d like to see if I can get in an ME squat day and an ME deadlift day along with a DE day. We’ll see how it goes, and if I pull well enough on the DE day maybe I won’t need to every week. [/quote]
Wait until after the meet to make the switch! Glad to have you today! 1100 will happen. I’d try and go 9 for 9 on your lifts too (no missed lifts).

Well I haven’t really been doing 531 for the last couple weeks so I’ve more or less already switched and I can really tell that I need keep handling heavy weights rather than waste a week doing a 5RM. And after this afternoon, I neeeed to keep doing banded squat work, absolutely destroyed me and I think it will translate well when I squat on tuesday.

Went in and did some growler work and box jumps cuz I was bored… Managed to get up to a 47" box! Problem is, that looks like about as high as I can go in our gym stacking random boxes and particle boards so we’ll have to figure something out if 2-SCOOPS want to go 50+ lol.

Felt really weak pushing the growler, not surprisingly though, probably could’ve used a day off, but I didn’t have anything else to do and I want to see how the box jumps do for recovery work. The day after I did them last week my legs felt freaking fantastic. So we’ll see, if I feel good I’ll squat on tuesday, but if not I’ll get some ME pulling in.

DE Bench
95x10
135x6
95x3x5 with mini bands

5 Board Bench
225x4,4,3

Kroc Rows
95x10
110x 24R,20L

Fat Bar OHP
75x15,11,10

DB Side Laterals
20’s x10,10

Pull Ups
BWx12,10

BW 178.5!
SQUAT! (straight bar, no box)
50x10
140x5
230x2
280x1 added belt
320x1
340x1 added shitty wraps
360x1 (didnt quite make it to depth)
370x1 (Have vid, just a hair high)
230x5,5

GHR
BWx10x3

That’s all I needed today. Squatting went really well even though none of my regular training partners were there. Wish I would’ve had someone tell me I was squatting high all day lol. Still, I’m absolutely calling it a 50lb PR. Two reasons: It felt heavy but absolutely manageable and I know it’ll be no problem next time with better wraps and proper depth. Worked on setup and depth after I saw the 370 vid, so I’ll post of vid of the last 230 set for comparison’s sake.

bad setup, trouble out of the rack, knee caved, sorry about the sideways-ness haha

must be an odd camera angle cuz it looks like im leaning to my left the whole time

nice, needz to do some more form work. looks like knees were quite a bit forward on the 370, and maybe re adjust your hand position, are you putting them there to avoid the hooks? cuz you can always move the hooks, having your hands in a good place is more important. looks like you could move your hands in and stay tighter. you did a better job sitting back on the 225, now we just need to have you do that on the heavy stuff. more hamstring work! 405 is just around the corner. height looked ok, but hard to tell. as long as you are within 1in of parallel you should do ok at the meet.

[quote]2-SCOOPS wrote:
nice, needz to do some more form work. looks like knees were quite a bit forward on the 370, and maybe re adjust your hand position, are you putting them there to avoid the hooks? cuz you can always move the hooks, having your hands in a good place is more important. looks like you could move your hands in and stay tighter. you did a better job sitting back on the 225, now we just need to have you do that on the heavy stuff. more hamstring work! 405 is just around the corner. height looked ok, but hard to tell. as long as you are within 1in of parallel you should do ok at the meet.[/quote]

Yeah I could probly move my hands in, I was playing around a lot with bar and hand position since I hadn’t straight barred for awhile. Maybe we could do some form work tomorrow while youre warming up?

You’re leaning to the left because you’ve got the bar off center. Look at where the chalk is on the knurling on both sides. I mentioned this to you once when you were doing DE squats with Bob and me. Take your time setting up.

I’d echo what Scoops said that you need some form work. Bob and I will be straight bar squatting tomorrow and will be happy to help as well. I think you need to do some mobility work on your hips and in the short term bring your stance in and strengthen your glutes, because your knees are all over the place (and in the long run this will be important, very important).

Just so you can’t say I am a complete dick… Good job on 370! You’ll get 400 at the meet in July.

[quote]jakerz96 wrote:
Just so you can’t say I am a complete dick… Good job on 370! You’ll get 400 at the meet in July.[/quote]

Haha thanks! I really really appreciate all the help.

And if you ever want any help with your golf game I’d be happy to oblige!

Reverse Band Bench
45x15
95x8
135x3
185x1 added reverse light bands
225x1
245x1
265x1
275x1
255x1,1,1

BB Rows
135x5
185x4
205x8,8
225x6,6

Fat Bar Floor Press
75x5
125x5
165x5
185x5,5

DB Front Raises
25’s x15,15

Block Pulls (1" below the bottom of the knee cap)
135x8
225x5
315x3
405x1 added belt
455x1
495x1
515x0 (shit.)
515x1 (yay!)
495x1,1

Started to do RDL’s then gave up because I was gassed and my grip was shot and I had to get on the road. Thought I might end up a little heavier on the block pulls, I’ll take it though. Absolutely blasted my glutes.