Kyle Rittenhouse Trial and the Law of Self-Defense

Nothing necessarily wrong with having GI Joe combat fantasies. I think it’s cool too. I like shooting rifles and blowing stuff up. I have a few things in camo color way. But when you take your tacticool gear to voluntarily seek out people you dislike in combat situations, you lose victimhood in my eyes. You fantasized, encouraged and planned for the violence.

He works there

The peoplw who had no job there were the rioters.

1 Like

I’m not following this line of reasoning at all. What does the appearance of his rifle have to do with anything that is remotely relevant in this case? What is the relevance of anything at all about his appearance? And as far as I know, there is no evidence that he sought anyone out. In fact, there is no evidence that he did anything to provoke a confrontation.

Man, I got nothing to comment on this topic, but the phrase “gravy seals” is one of the funniest damn things I’ve ever heard. Definitely going to be using that one

It’s a part of the story. It fits his combat fantasy, and him seeking out combat, and his chain of decisions all geared toward choosing to engage.

He chose to illegally obtain a rifle. He chose to make it look combat ready. He chose to travel to the riots to confront people he openly despised with weapon in hand because he knew violence was likely. He chose to very openly portray himself as an enemy of the rioters, and flaunt it knowing his superior firepower.

1 Like

I think this comes down to legal vs moral. He will probably get a pass on the legal, but moral I think he is a piece of shit.

1 Like

Yep. Agreed 100%. And it sucks how celebrated he is by many.

The prosecutor tried to pull the same shit and tje judge put him on his place.

This is not how it works.

His attackers also had illegal weapons. He did nor chose to travel. He worked there. The rioters were there in numbers knowing their superior man power to mock the locals and burn their property, crossing state borders with illegal weapons. With their fantasies for racial war and justice, ready to confront, kill, burn and destroy.

4 Likes

Really? We can agree that a 17-year-old shouldn’t have been there, but a piece of shit? Simply for showing up in the hope that he could discourage rioters and looters?

4 Likes

So what? What did he actually DO to anyone that was immoral? He shot people in self-defense. You are condemning him for the appearance of his rifle and what you think it says about his fantasies. Who cares what he fantasizes about?

2 Likes

He killed people and now he’s trying to get away with by making it look like self defense. The dude was clearly there to pick a fight.

He was there serving two purposes. 1. He was defending property that they had been asked to defend. 2. He was giving first aid to injured people. If he despised them so much, why was he helping them. And the first guy he shot was yelling “Nr" and such. If Rittenhouse hated the BLM rioters, why would he shoot someone calling them "Nr”? And his dad lives there and he used to as well. He considered it home. Now, do I think the kid is dumb. Absolutely. Should he be convicted for any of the shootings? Absolutely no.

1 Like

From this statement I can only conclude that you’ve seen none of the trial. You might want to take a look. All of the evidence supports his self-defense claim.

3 Likes

The only peoplw there to pick a fight were the rioters. Stop projecting rioters faults to Kyle.

1 Like

Why were the rioters rioting?

because some black criminal got shot doing criminal activities

Seems pretty justified to me I side with the rioters.

So you support criminals?

1 Like

Is this satire also? My satire meter is not working well today.

IMO he went there to intimidate and to live out his gravy seal fantasy. Every action he took prior to the shooting was geared toward violent confrontation. But I don’t think he went there intending to kill. Teenage boys aren’t exactly known for great risk assessment or thinking of potential consequences and I doubt he thought this was a potential outcome.

I do think it was self defense, per the law.

I do not think he should be held up as a hero, or someone fully innocent at all. He should be a cautionary tale about bad decisions leading to tragedy… His life is forever marred beyond repair. The only place he will feel safe is amongst the alt right. As far as I know he still thinks he was 100% in the right from the beginning, but maybe his lawyers have just told him to keep his mouth shut.

2 Likes