Kudos to the President

The excoriation under discussion did not occur during testimony on the Hill; it was at a presser called by Mr. Comey.

Oh, I donno.

1. What percentage of the voting population even cast a vote? Point being, most American’s don’t really care, which is a problem.

2. HRC was a terrible candidate. I’ve never voted for a democrat but had they run say Jim Webb well

3. People believe there are only ever two choice, which is a problem.

At any rate, that’s why we have more than one check

Thanks for clarifying.

The authoritarianism of the majority (mob rule) was the subject I think.

This sounds in every way imaginable, the lesser of 2 evils.

I care about the states. I just care about the citizens quite a bit more.

The implication being that I don’t want things to happen if it directly conflicts with the wants/needs of the majority? I don’t see how that’s a bad thing? Historically, if the minority wants something accomplished, they convince the majority that there is value in it.

That’s what a state govt is for. I’m simply not in favor of telling people in highly populated states that they’re worth less than lower pop states.

58% of voting age Americans, someone threw the stat out yesterday in a different thread I think.

I’m all ears for a better system, but I live in a state where my vote really doesn’t matter because the Baltimore/DC metro area decides what happens in MD. Of course, it doesn’t matter in the General either.

One of the shittest states in the union

MD - 2016 electoral map

Because needs are different in different places and needs drive value. In Alaska a firearm can save you from being mauled by a bear. You cannot convince California of that value because in California that need doesn’t exist. What is good for one place may be bad for another and California laws could get Alaskans killed.

What would be the reason for a place like Alaska to be part of the US when you don’t think they should have a say in running it?

1 Like

Again, I’m not saying anyone SHOULDN’T have a say in the federal govt. I’m saying that everyone’s say should be equal. In an electoral college system, that’s simply not the case.

Do you believe that if you got 51% of the vote for it, all the wealth should be taken for the other 49% and given to the 51%?

But the alaskan needs and perspectives would be voiceless. Again, what reason would they have to stay?

There are more citizens in NY City than the 9 least populated states in the union. If NYC voted 100% for Hitler and those bottom 9 states all voted for Jesus Christ, Hitler would win.

Voting becomes even less relevant when a popular vote is used with the way out population is spread out.

Could easily be re-titled “Worst place in the world to drive on Friday afternoon.”.

1 Like

Fixed that for you.

Thank you. I got stuck there once from Fredricksburg to Richmond.

1 Like

Bold move cotton.

1 Like

Simply not true. It is a state by state election. Your vote is the exact same as everyone else’s in the state you vote in.

Yes that must be it MSNBC and left wing wacko’s say so.

The problem in this instance was not that it wasn’t a big deal, but rather the public and congressional interest in HRC’s investigation. I would like to hope that had Trump’s had the same pressing interest, then the focus would have been on both.

I don’t like the way the dice fell, but I never put down to malice what I could put down to stupidity.

And that
what you said right there
 is what is driving the left absolutely crazy. Not that she lost but to whom she lost to. Yes
and that is why I have not stopped smiling since election day.

I’m puzzled by the metric you’re using that deems HRC’s investigated-ad-nauseum-for-years server issue was of more pressing public interest than was the possibility that the Republican campaign for the presidency was in cahoots with the Russians to undermine the electoral process.

1 Like

Great post.

When your candidate does not win it seems like the system is broken but it is well intact.