Kudos to the President

I feel like this is the conundrum going on at the moment. Dems are being hypocrites and Republicans want them to stop, Republicans are being hypocrites and Dems want them to stop. Can’t we just drone down Congress and start over

2 Likes

I don’t think you’ve explained why Trump possibly being corrupt means that he shouldn’t nominate a judge to the Supreme Court.

Are you suggesting that, since Trump may be corrupt, his pick to the Supreme Court is corrupt/was chosen through corruption?

I didn’t look at your video clip (am at work), but I’m guessing it cuts off before the part where Bidden says the following:

“I believe that so long as the public continues to split its confidence between the branches, compromise is the responsible course both for the White House and for the Senate. Therefore I stand by my position, Mr. President, if the President [George H.W. Bush] consults and cooperates with the Senate or moderates his selections absent consultation, then his nominees may enjoy my support as did Justices Kennedy and Souter.” [emphasis mine]

So much for the so-called ‘Biden rule.’ You can find a more complete clip of his speech here:

https://thinkprogress.org/no-joe-biden-didnt-say-that-the-senate-should-block-supreme-court-nominees-during-an-election-year-35b6b4057ded#.10nrlg821

As you can see from the above, this ‘the Dems said it first’ argument is a canard.

Which is why I brought it to your attention.

You can believe that if you like.

If HRC had won, you don’t think the GOP would be blocking her SCOTUS nomination pending completion of any ongoing investigations? (Actually, that is a trick question, because HRC wouldn’t have a nominee at this point. This is because, despite their protestations that ‘the vacant seat should be filled by the next POTUS,’ the GOP Senate had already decided to hastily confirm Obama’s nominee if HRC had won.)

Is this a joke? Surely this is a joke.

1 Like

If Garland had gotten a hearing and a vote, what makes you think the Democrats would be acting any differently than they are now?

Say Garland got the votes and was confirmed and then on January 21st 2017 Ginsburg dropped dead. Trump nominates Gorsuch and hearings begin this week. Would the Democrats be acting any differently?

This stolen seat thing is completely for show. The “Biden precedent” is also bullshit. The fact is the Republicans had every right to do what they did whether the other party did it or not. Dirty politics? Maybe. If it is really as outrageous as you believe, the voters have the ability to get rid of anyone associated with this “stolen” seat.

I wanted to throw this out to you guys about the commercialization part of Space Exploration that I alluded to.

Many of us who believe in the eventual benefits of Space Exploration (especially manned) feel that a) it must become a commercially viable endeavor, and/or b) becomes one that directly and profoundly improves the human condition…and “A” most likely will have to come before “B”.

Leaving out all of the Replicants and Alien’s with Organic Acid blood for a moment…we most likely need to reach the commercial World of “Blade-Runner” and “Alien” before we reach the somewhat idealized World of “Star Trek”.

I would have loved to see Trump mention some kind of Governmental-inspired Commercial incentive…and before you guys shoot me with an Elephant Gun…I know that there are more important and immediate issues on his plate.

If it was a pure dog-and-pony show, with the Repub senators saying a priori that there was no way in hell they’d confirm him, that it was purely pro forma, the Dems probably wouldn’t be acting any differently. And I wouldn’t blame them.

Absolutely.

Then I assume you understand and support the Dems in any “dirty politics” they do in response.

1 Like

How? How would they be acting differently? Would Pelosi have said this?
“[E]lections have ramifications, and here is a living, breathing example of it. The president and his first appointment to the court, and hopefully his only appointment to the court, has appointed someone who has come down on the side of corporate America versus class action suits on securities fraud. He’s come down against employer’s — employee’s rights. Clean air, clean water, food safety, safety in medicine, and the rest, if you care about that for your children, he’s not your guy. [Former Representative] Gabby Giffords’ (D-AZ) group…said that he comes down on the side of felons, over gun safety. Hostile to women’s reproductive rights, Hobby Lobby case for example. The list goes on and on, criticized progressives for bringing cases that relate to LGBT progress, taking those cases to the courts. What saddens me the most, as a mom and a grandmother though, is his hostility towards children in school, children with autism. He has ruled that they don’t have the same rights under the IDEA that children — that they could reach their intellectual and social advancement under the law. He has said that doesn’t apply to them. He’s come down against them on ADA as well, and again, under IDEA. So, it’s a very hostile appointment. … Lovely family, I’m sure, but as far as your family is concerned, and all of us, if you breathe air, drink water, eat food, take medicine, or in any other way, interact with the courts, this is a very bad decision. Well outside the mainstream of American legal thought, not committed to Supreme Court precedents.”

It doesn’t matter if I support it, that’s the game. As Herman Edwards said “You play to win the game.” Crying like if the tables were turned they wouldn’t have done the exact same thing is idiotic.

LOL…hahahaha

I wish I could share your enthusiasm for space exploration but I honestly think the money would be better spent on other things. Especially when there are projects being cut left and right. I am not seeing us racing through space at the speed of light anytime soon Mufasa. I think we are chasing a dream…a very bad dream.

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/844668559926145025

And money WILL be spent elsewhere…UNTIL the two points I brought up come to pass 1) commercial viability and/or 2) something is found that profoundly benefits the human condition.

Until then; the exploration of Space will continue to take a back-seat to other endeavors.

Pure theatre for the masses sponsored by the left. Don’t get me wrong I enjoy it too. But, it’s like a movie that I saw before and I know the ending.

What about Trump being spied on by the Obama administration. Odd huh?

You’re basing this on Trump’s tweets?

Um, no just saw a report from the committee which claims that the Obama administration was spying on others and incidentally picked up Trump and company as well.

You have to watch your favorite crazy lady Rachel Madcow (disease) tonight and catch up.

It’s not a huge deal but he did have a point I guess. This actually surprised me

Tyler my friend. This entire episode will end as I predicted a few months back. Nothing there with the Russia thing and not much with the Obama spying.

You guys are going to have to put away your biased blinders and look at this for what it is-- A GAME.

House Intel Chair: Trump, Aides Swept Up In Legal U.S. Surveillance [emphasis mine]

1 Like

Yes, of course we understand all that. But…republicans can now say that Trump was correct and technically he was.

G A M E

I KNOW you did not just write that Zeb…

1 Like