Kudos to the President

Not really. There has been a flurry of murders, heart failures, and various death by misadventure since the revelation that there was an investigation into Trumps ties with Russia.

Given what @loppar has provided, there is good reason to believe that they could be related to the investigation under way. Now, those people may have died in the due course of doing business with the people they associated with, but now there is really no way of knowing, and any evidence that could have been gotten (or dismissed) is gone for ever.

Fair enough. I bet that nothing will come of the alleged Trump/Russia connection.

Chase the dream, not the money

Anyone remember Al Bundy and his never-let-it-go self-brag on how he scored four touchdowns in a game way back in high school?

Thatā€™s Zeb and the internet predictions that he has gotten right. Heh.

1 Like

Iā€™ll bet Trump will not serve a full term in office. Whether thatā€™s solely due to Russia or if itā€™s ā€œdeath by a thousand cutsā€, he will likely resign.

I wouldnā€™t be surprised at this. Iā€™m still not convinced he even wants the job.

2 Likes

Never watched that show but I did see the thunderbolt prediction show. You remember donā€™t you? You predicted that Trump would not get the nomination. Then you predicted that Hillary would beat Trump. Then you predicted that Trump would not choose a conservative Judgeā€¦ah thereā€™s more but I think most people get the idea. You are wrong most of the time.

One more of your very poor reads.

You get my vote for the fairest, most even handed person on the forumā€¦ Something I have always appreciated about you.

I predicted Trump wouldnā€™t get the nomination and wouldnā€™t win, and neither of those were irrational predictions (and tracked with most othersā€™ prediction). Turned out wrong, but not irrational.

I never predicted Trump wouldnā€™t nominate a conservative justice - I noted there were plenty of reasons for conservatives to fear that he wouldnā€™t (not the least of which is, he ainā€™t a conservative, witness his ObamaCare-Lite proposal).

Itā€™s a hunch, not a read, and heā€™d never admit it either way, so itā€™s unprovable. Trump wants to cash in on celebrity, not have to learn actual policy. (Like you, policy really isnā€™t his thing.)

1 Like

I agree not provable unless of course he resigned for no apparent reason other than he does not want the job which is not going to happen.

But I do think that the man with the biggest ego on the planet is very happy to be POTUS donā€™t you?

I think he and his ego are happy he won, but not happy that he now has to do the actual work of president and have his performance publicly audited and scored. No way he can be happy for four years - hereā€™s a vain and insecure megalomaniac who now has to be reminded of the daily national polls reflecting how unpopular/unloved he is. Heā€™s in Hell.

1 Like

Well, you are forgetting his emotional defense mechanism which does not allow him to believe that anyone who says anything bad about him is actually correct. And Obama had that same problem. As for the polls I am not sure that he believes any of them. And after winning the Presidency when he was down in just about all of the polls I canā€™t really blame him for that one.

We know it doesnā€™t work that way because of how reacts to every criticism. Trump cares what people think, and believes them - hence his need to ā€œcorrectā€ every one of them. He stays in a state of fury over every slight, real or perceived. If he truly didnā€™t think there was merit to what his critics were saying, heā€™s roll his eyes and ignore them.

The country elected a miserable headcase.

Iā€™d actually take that bet. Not literally, but in every way he has beaten the odds and continues to beat them. I ran the thread ā€œWho would be impeached first?ā€ thinking he had no shot in hell of actually winning. I take it backā€¦
I couldnā€™t bare to watch HRCā€™s smug little face and shrill voice on election night so I avoided like the plague all that evening, watching a Law & Order marathon or something like that.
Then, just before I was about to go to bed I flipped to a news channel, looking through my fingers with one eye. The shell shocked news casters had me curious and then I saw that Trump was actually winning. I actually laughed out loud, just because of the looks on their faces. People who never shut up were speechless.

Then Trump says something ridiculous, I do a face-palm and then he turns out to be right. Then it happens again, and againā€¦ Like he some sort of bombastic soothsayer.

Then I faced the facts. He will never be eloquent or gentile. Heā€™s always going to be bombastic. In the end, the only thing that really matters is policy and so far, for the most part, I donā€™t have a problem with what he has done.
Heā€™ll need legislation, not EOā€™s to make real change for the betterā€¦ But what the hell, ā€˜All aboard! Itā€™s leaving with or without youā€¦ā€™
So I am in, until I am out. But that will be dependent what he does legislatively, not whether or not he talks pretty.

2 Likes

In fairness to the country, we had slim pickinā€™sā€¦

2 Likes

Completely agreed. Thatā€™s why I voted for neither of them.

Oh please, as if Obama, Clinton, Nixon, Kennedy and many of the others were emotional stalwarts. Trump is unique I grant you that. And his idiosyncrasies are odd to say the least. But as Presidents go heā€™s not that far out of line.

One thing that I think has always bothered you about him is his general demeanor and his inability to not speak his every thought. Okayā€¦thatā€™s what bothers me about him.

Hey Pat I could not agree more with you. As I have always said I was a Rubio supporter. Out of the 17 republicans Trump was in last place. But, we were going to have either Hillary or Trump as our next President and I am satisfied (as one can possibly be given the circumstances) that Hillary lost.

1 Like