T Nation

KSW XII with Pudzianowski

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
…[/quote]

This is why I carry a gun.

Holy crap this is something to look forward to. In a striking game he’d probably be a beast what with that ridonkulous amount of non-functional muscle, he may as well be wearing kevlar vest!

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:

This is why I carry a gun.[/quote]

Just make sure you hit him in the head. And you gotta be quick, he’s already got his out of the holster.

[quote]Nikiforos wrote:
legendaryblaze wrote:

This fight will probably put to end the debate on whether skill trumps strength and vice versa.

He’s fighting a journeyman boxer, not Nogueira, lol[/quote]

Still. The guy fights for a living.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
…[/quote]

Man, I know physical appearance has little to do with performance but that dude’s the most out of shape looking fighter I’ve ever seen. Even his titty fat has titty fat. Where and when [ or if?] is this gonna be televised? Also, those white gloves look badass.

[quote]legendaryblaze wrote:
Nikiforos wrote:
legendaryblaze wrote:

This fight will probably put to end the debate on whether skill trumps strength and vice versa.

He’s fighting a journeyman boxer, not Nogueira, lol

Still. The guy fights for a living.[/quote]

I’m sure you were being light-hearted…but this fight isn’t going end any debate of that sort. The only thing it can answer is whether Pudz can fight and beat his opponent. That’s it.

najman is not a good fighter, not on a national level. so if pudzian fights smarts, he should win easy.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
legendaryblaze wrote:
Nikiforos wrote:
legendaryblaze wrote:

He’s fighting a journeyman boxer, not Nogueira, lol

Still. The guy fights for a living.

I’m sure you were being light-hearted…but this fight isn’t going end any debate of that sort. The only thing it can answer is whether Pudz can fight and beat his opponent. That’s it. [/quote]

Pretty much. However they are two contrasting athletes.
Pudz is a monster. He has tremendous strength and power.
The other guy probably has tons of skill work (i hope).
It will be interesting on that note.

If Pudz gets on a different cycle and cuts I think he can lose the 40lbs. Lesnar drops from 285 and I’m sure he’s on a different cycle now than when he was in the WWE and he’s still strong.

not sure where but i read Pudz is going to get down to 285 for the fight, probebly for the cardio benifits.

KSW 12, December 11th, Warsaw, Poland main event:
Mariusz Pudzianowski (0-0) vs. Marcin Najman (0-0)
85 kg 8-man tournament final:
Vitor Nobrega (6-1) vs. Aslambek Saidov (5-0)
Daniel Dowda (5-2) vs. James Zikic (16-5-2)
Maciej Gorski (7-3) vs. Jeff Lawson (12-2)

I don’t think his opponent has any MMA fights. He’s a boxer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cs8tOk2U3iM

Hard to argue that this will end any strength vs. skill debate.

Based on that video, I predict it’s going to be so much worse than Lesnar vs Mir II. Just a bunch of power engulfing that tiny man.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:

Man, I know physical appearance has little to do with performance but that dude’s the most out of shape looking fighter I’ve ever seen. Even his titty fat has titty fat. Where and when [ or if?] is this gonna be televised? Also, those white gloves look badass.[/quote]

“most out of shape looking fighter I’ve ever seen” you can’t be serious?