KSman: Low Total T, Normal Free T

KSman,

I have been reading a lot of your posts, and if you aren’t a doctor, you should be. I’m just learning about all of this. I’m a 6-6, 235 lbs 33 year old male.

Quick question: All of my blood was within normal range…nothing unusual. My TT was recently 318 ng/dL (250-1100) and FT 92.7 pg/mL (35.0-155.0). My TT recently was in the high 280’s, but now it’s recently the 318; I am awaiting more blood results.

Can you still suffer from low testosterone with the low total testosterone totals I have but have “normal” Free T?

I have most of the symptoms…extreme fatigue, some weight gain, difficulty putting on muscle, being treated for anxiety, etc…Still look for a decent TRT doctor…Any info. would be highly appreciated, thank you.

LH and thus T are released in pulses. Both have short half lives and one cannot really make a call based on these. TT levels are smoother and are the indicator to look at in this situation. No LH/FSH data? That is imperative at your age. You need E2 labs too, but you already know that. Do labs on your own if need be.

cheaper from the get-go with a membership, labs on sale, April-May