T Nation

KSman is Here

[quote]coolnatedawg wrote:
KSMan,

You’ve been asking guys about their gut health as well as their thirst- what are your trying to identify with this information? I’m on TRT for the last 4-5 months or so, still struggling with fatigue, libido, etc and while my E2 is still not perfect with my adex, I have suffered from a problematic gut and I’m always thirsty.

Thanks,
Nate[/quote]

Diabetes comes with major thirst and pissing if not diagnosed and treated. With gut problems we get malabsorption or blood loss from GI bleeds. Malabsorption can be from antacids used with heart burn.

Check your fasting glucose. Any tingling of your fingers or toes?

Link me to your thread, post here again.

[quote]coolnatedawg wrote:
KSMan,

You’ve been asking guys about their gut health as well as their thirst- what are your trying to identify with this information? I’m on TRT for the last 4-5 months or so, still struggling with fatigue, libido, etc and while my E2 is still not perfect with my adex, I have suffered from a problematic gut and I’m always thirsty.

Thanks,
Nate[/quote]

You can get a glucose meter and check.

If you know a diabetic they could let you borrow it as well.

Once you can go to the lab ask for HGAIC not just fasting glucose.

With the meter check morning glucose and 2 hours after eating.

KSman,

I know you’re a big fan of context, so if you’d like to look at it it’s here.

My question is, have you ever heard of anastrozole CAUSING acne? I was on androgel, then testopel. Started hCG, still no acne. Started test cyp and anastrozole and my back blew up. Thought it HAD to be the test cyp. Stopped it, and the acne has not subsided. I’ve dug around on google and can’t find a single correlation between anastrozole causing acne.

Currently on a compounded cream that contains progesterone as well to see if that would be sufficient to control aromatase. During this time I stopped the anastrozole. The acne started to subside, but it was evident my E2 was skyrocketing by my wreck of an emotional state. Started back on anastrozole. Acne came back. Trying to get the doc to try aromasin just to see if that helps.

Any thoughts?

[quote]KSman wrote:
Diabetes comes with major thirst and pissing if not diagnosed and treated. With gut problems we get malabsorption or blood loss from GI bleeds. Malabsorption can be from antacids used with heart burn.

Check your fasting glucose. Any tingling of your fingers or toes?

Link me to your thread, post here again.[/quote]

My father has (had?) diabetes but since has had a major gastric surgery and he has been able to come off all his meds.

No tingling that I am aware of. I recall a glucose reading of 99 or 109 fasted although I don’t know units and can’t seem to find the labs in my online record. My thread is on another website as I haven’t updated the one on here in a few years.

[quote]Tunapancake wrote:
You can get a glucose meter and check.

If you know a diabetic they could let you borrow it as well.

Once you can go to the lab ask for HGAIC not just fasting glucose.

With the meter check morning glucose and 2 hours after eating.[/quote]

I’ll see if I can borrow my dads next time I see him to see what’s going on.

[quote]coolnatedawg wrote:

[quote]KSman wrote:
Diabetes comes with major thirst and pissing if not diagnosed and treated. With gut problems we get malabsorption or blood loss from GI bleeds. Malabsorption can be from antacids used with heart burn.

Check your fasting glucose. Any tingling of your fingers or toes?

Link me to your thread, post here again.[/quote]

My father has (had?) diabetes but since has had a major gastric surgery and he has been able to come off all his meds.

No tingling that I am aware of. I recall a glucose reading of 99 or 109 fasted although I don’t know units and can’t seem to find the labs in my online record. My thread is on another website as I haven’t updated the one on here in a few years.

[quote]Tunapancake wrote:
You can get a glucose meter and check.

If you know a diabetic they could let you borrow it as well.

Once you can go to the lab ask for HGAIC not just fasting glucose.

With the meter check morning glucose and 2 hours after eating.[/quote]

I’ll see if I can borrow my dads next time I see him to see what’s going on.[/quote]

Note: lef.org hormone panels now include HGAIC and are on sale now.

  • and tingling progresses to numbness that may be permanent even after one gets the condition under control

Sleep: We often discuss this and I have been making recommendations based on my experiences. I have something new to add. My wife and I started taking 2000mg vit-C at night and we are sleeping more soundly. Definitely something useful going on and worth trying. That is with my other sleep aids and my wife just using the vit-C.

I just got some bloodwork back and need some major help…here a link to my thread http://tnation.T-Nation.com/hub/topwhop63#myForums/thread/5605350/

[quote]topwhop63 wrote:
I just got some bloodwork back and need some major help…here a link to my thread [/quote]

Was that hcg site a scam or the real deal? Have you used it successfully?

Best to you on getting things back to the way they are supposed to be.

I never ordered it but I referred a friend to it and he had success with it. I think my BW is inaccurate I made an appt today with my endo after seeing that and he feels my free test level is not accurate so off for more BW tomorrow morning…hope it was wrong I’m really concerned about it being that low. I figure tho if it was that low my LH would be elevated trying to stimulate more test to produce, or am I wrong in assuming that? Still wondering why FSH is still so low also, was thinking a small dose of clomid could help for a few weeks? KSman what do you think I should do? Thanks…

I had low free test with low normal lh… lh moves around alot.

[quote]KSman wrote:
Sleep: We often discuss this and I have been making recommendations based on my experiences. I have something new to add. My wife and I started taking 2000mg vit-C at night and we are sleeping more soundly. Definitely something useful going on and worth trying. That is with my other sleep aids and my wife just using the vit-C.[/quote]

I will try the vit-C. What other sleep aids do you use? My sleep really sucks sometimes…I haven’t slept for 2 nights in a row now. This happens several times per month. I am awakened very easily and find it difficult to go back to sleep once awakened also.
Thanks

If you get a second to comment on elevated Hematocrit and Hemoglobin levels. I just got my recent blood results. Always appreciated…

Hi KSman,

Could you comment on my low SHBG of 11. I’m wondering if this is related to blood sugar or adrenals. Thanks.

Hey KSman,

You told me to refer to a post you made in my thread earlier in response to my TSH, but it was advise on iodine and tracking body temps. I did all that and you said I could probably start maintenance dosages of iodine. I’m still kinda confused by the thyroid labs and I noticed you said they didn’t make sense either.

Could you help clear this up? The last few posts in my thread. I keep trying to find an explanation for it but can’t. The labs seem funny.

Hey KSman…
Could you please check my threat a bit… i posted blood test results and some conclusions from my ongoing research of the matter.

Thank you!

Sleep: Have had problems sleeping since grad school work, mind got busy and sleeping was not easy. Now with age, things are worse. Many sleep aids are really only Benadryl ingredient, same dose, different box and more expensive. Problem is that it wears out in 4 hours and may let you wake up in the middle of the night.

This works better in terms of lasting the night: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doxylamine

After years on that I switched to:
Rx trazodone, very inexpensive 90 x 150mg for $10
5mg time release melatonin, really needs to be time release, otherwise you wake up


Try starting at 50mg, 1/3rd tablet. You may need to progress to 75 or 100. Very potent at first, so start low. Does not have any drag over effects when dosed properly. It is a anti-depressant that really did not succeed because it makes people sleepy. If you have some mood problems, it might make an improvement in your life above and beyond getting proper sleep. Does not have any of the effects of SSRI’s, you will not feel like your brain is getting re-wired.

Hi KSman,

Question in regards to your post. Thanks.

If DHT levels were to come back high on a lab test and doc wanted to take you off injections what would you say?

You need to know if the DHT lab ranges are age adjusted. The intent of HRT is to restore youthful levels of hormones. I do labs every six months, when I turned 60, suddenly my hormones were out of range! You should be able to argue for youthful levels.

And point out that there is no evidence that androgens cause prostate problems, only that cancers are androgen positive when they occur, and that modern research is showing that estrogens and estrogen dominance is the cause of BPH. And that low T causes estrogen dominance. Also low T reduces or stops sexual activity and lack of ejaculations leads to rancid semen and results in inflammation that then affects the prostate. Chronic inflammation is a well known cause of cancers.

The fact that prostate cancers can be treated with androgen deprivation and that this reduces bulk and PSA levels as the organ withers, does not in any why mean that androgens were the cause. You can also shrink a healthy prostate with androgen deprivation.

If DHT caused prostate cancers, then we would not see this as an old man’s disease. Men are afflicted when their T levels are low and they are estrogen dominant and also suffering from many other metabolic disorders of old age.

What I have not seen done, is to use 5-alpha reductase inhibitors to modulate DHT levels; instead of DHT–>zero. That would be an option, small doses. Some herbal prostate products might do this and many guys should be using these as a long term survival strategy.

[quote]KSman wrote:
You need to know if the DHT lab ranges are age adjusted. The intent of HRT is to restore youthful levels of hormones. I do labs every six months, when I turned 60, suddenly my hormones were out of range! You should be able to argue for youthful levels.

And point out that there is no evidence that androgens cause prostate problems, only that cancers are androgen positive when they occur, and that modern research is showing that estrogens and estrogen dominance is the cause of BPH. And that low T causes estrogen dominance. Also low T reduces or stops sexual activity and lack of ejaculations leads to rancid semen and results in inflammation that then affects the prostate. Chronic inflammation is a well known cause of cancers.

The fact that prostate cancers can be treated with androgen deprivation and that this reduces bulk and PSA levels as the organ withers, does not in any why mean that androgens were the cause. You can also shrink a healthy prostate with androgen deprivation.

If DHT caused prostate cancers, then we would not see this as an old man’s disease. Men are afflicted when their T levels are low and they are estrogen dominant and also suffering from many other metabolic disorders of old age.

What I have not seen done, is to use 5-alpha reductase inhibitors to modulate DHT levels; instead of DHT–>zero. That would be an option, small doses. Some herbal prostate products might do this and many guys should be using these as a long term survival strategy.

[/quote]

lol this is funny… Yet my urologist had never measure estrogen in males… He laughed at me when i asked for the test and said i don’t look like a woman to him… also thank you very much for your time!! much obliged…