KSman is Here

Add my SERM/sperm bank questions to my own thread: 30yo Low Test - Advice on Bloodwork - Testosterone Replacement - Forums - T Nation

Ksman, how did you test your gh to know you were low? Igf1? or like this?

Unfortunately it is not possible to determine this on a single blood test. You will need to come into the hospital for part of a day for special blood tests. This involves injecting a hormone into you (either insulin or glucagon usually, although others are sometimes also used) and seeing if the body can respond as normal by releasing enough growth hormone. Blood tests are performed every 30 minutes to look for this growth hormone response.

Just curious

Also could you please have a good look at my thread and answer the last question posted please. I know you are a busy guy and I have to many questions but your help is greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

Wow!
You are a like a modern day T superhero!
I just wanted to thank you for all the time, thought, and effort you have put into helping others!
It’s refreshing to see!

[quote]KSman wrote:
About my AI use:

When I started AI six years ago, I had E2=37 while my T was in the 900’s. That E2=37 make be feel bad, libido and mood problems, brain fog, easily startled, hated loud noises, intolerant and easily irritated. I was a bitch! With 1mg/week anastrozole, I life was great and nothing ruffled my feathers. I was a stud!

Last year or so, my labs started to come back with lower and lower E2. My dose had not changed. Over time I had increased E2 to match increased T doses and that had been keeping me near the E2=22 target.

As my E2 levels started to drop, my doc told me that he sometimes sees guys not needed AI anymore after having used it for a ?long? time. That did not make any sense and I dismissed the idea.

I had a E2=<7 from Labcorp and dismissed that a a lab failure because we have seen that several times.

Then we switched from my getting labs on my own from Labcorp [via LEF] to Quest via doc. So we get <15 from quest and now we have no idea what is going on. I had cut AI dose in half and was below 15 and really did not learn much from that lab report.

I have stopped AI for now. Definitely putting my head in a different space, but I an not feeling bad. I do feel more connected to my emotions and less what I had termed emotionally dry and analytical.

The change in my aromatase situation also occurred during the time frame where I slipped into iodine deficiency, then did 50mg iodine per day for two weeks. That recovered low body temps and had an amazing effect on QOL. Also, earlier, my TSH increased with my near death surgery/infection 2.5 years ago. That event shifted my thyroid function some how and the result was TSH=0.98–>1.60. My body temperatures were good after that, I was monitoring body temps every day for quite a while, doing self delivered IV antibiotics. TSH has dropped some since then.

I, and others, have pointed out that when there is a lot of peripheral T–>E2, the amount of AI required to “correct serum levels” might have the effect of lowering T–>E2 inside the brain. The implication is that this might have negative effects. However, we know that serum E2 does get into the brain, so that waters down any such arguments concerning reduced T–>E2 inside the brain. The T–>E2 inside the brain does create E2 for local consumption. So this is a muddy situation on which to draw conclusions. If we had inter-cranial fluid E2 levels before and during AI… any volunteers?

My AI needs had increased and I found that taking Rx Arimidex was delivering the same E2 levels as with RC anastrozole. RC potency did not seem to be the issue.

So reasons not known. My E2 levels dropped on an unchanging AI dose. I cut dose in half, but switch from Labcorp–>Quest really lost an opportunity to see what was going on.

So still lots to learn. The concept that one’s AI needs would decrease was really hard to accept after getting married to importance of AI. AI had changed my life for the better.

Aromatase activity is not controlled, it is open loop. This implies that the change is not from a change in a hormone feedback look system and thus would seem to be a result of changes at a cellular level.

[/quote]

In regards to the AI. Do you ever check your own SHBG? I was lead to believe that there’s a feedback loop on SHBG production due to exogenous intake of hormones. This would impact your free levels because SHBG has greater affinity to T.

Are you currently writing a book? I’m currently in med school and would love to read your findings and be able to apply them to my practice.

AI: I do not ever test SHBG because there is nothing that I can do directly about it. No progress on book.

GH - IGF-1: IGF-1 provides a very good indicator or GH status. There is no need to take any direct GH labs. Testing for GH release in response to a specific stimulus can be useful, but not needed to determine if one is deficient or not. Docs got hooked on that stuff to demonstrate that the pituitary is not creating GH, but low IGF-1 indicates a deficiency, fast, easy and affordable.

KSman…can you please read my last post before going to see Dr. tomorrow, Monday 25th.

Thanks

Hi Ksman, do you think you could look at my thread about potential Arimidex side effects? I’m afraid it’s got me pretty concerned, and I was hoping for your comment . . .

Hi again KSman. I have some new labs posted. I would really appreciate your input.
http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_training_performance_bodybuilding_trt/likely_starting_trt_soon
Thanks!

Today I added this to the thyroid basics sticky:

Update: You should not do thyroid labs soon after your thyroid gland is palpated. That can be from a doc or your own exam. This can increase serum thyroid hormone levels and make the lab results inaccurate. See: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/lary.20959/abstract;jsessionid=EE1951A93270B63ACC0467A06304BB70.d04t02

Parallel to the above, you should not do lab work that includes PSA soon after a DRE prostate exam.

Hi again, KSman, I finally got a new doctor. Not an endo or uro, he’s a GP who Rx’ed me a compounded cream. Open-minded, enthusiastic, but seems conservative. Might give AI if I ask/press for it. HCG could be harder sell.

Been checking my body temps. 97.9 F waking temps, almost no variance. Afternoon/evening temps 98.1 - 98.7, depending on which hour. Iodine intake - iodized salt since I was a kid, and now also taking a multivit with 150 mcg iodine. So I’m thinking my thyroid is OK.

As always, your thoughts are appreciated. 2 new posts in my thread.

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_training_performance_bodybuilding_trt/33_yo_hypogonadic_looking_for_good_trt_dr?id=5556564&pageNo=1

KSman, thanks for looking at my thread and giving me the advice on the A1. I was thinking about the over-responder too (I had read your sticky!) and I’ll take 1/8th mg Adex every 4 days with my injection, starting in a week or so. Still have some sore joints; it can be a mean drug to sensitive folks.

KSman, why don’t you just open your own TRT shop; you’d have clientele flying in from all over the world . . .

Yes, if you opened a TRT shop, I’m getting my butt over there.

I may be doing one-on-one services soon, but not from here.

Hey KSman, can you check out my thread when you get a chance? Just the latest post. Don’t expect you to read everything.

Thanks a million.

Hi, Ksman, I got your message about the multiple threads and the hassle of cross referencing, won’t happen again. I’m always worried the entry will just be lost down the line. Sorry.

I responded to your reply, and hope you can check it out at . . .

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_training_performance_bodybuilding_trt/horrible_trt_predicament_?pageNo=0#5592627

Kind or rattled by the whole thing, near quitting, but . . . please help.

Hey KSman, updated my thread again if you get a minute

New to TRT - Testosterone Replacement - Forums - T Nation please have a look :slight_smile:

Ksman please check out my thread. My new bloodwork just came back.

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_training_performance_bodybuilding_trt/31yr_old_need_trt_advice

Hi KSman,

Could you look at my recent test results and let me know if you see anything out of line. My Testosterone results are from the day of my next injection. Current protocol is E3D of 36mg of test cyp per injection. No AI or HCG for the past 2 months. I’m going to up my injections to 40mg E3D or move to MWF injection schedule. Thanks.

Thread is: SubQ After Trying Androgel - Testosterone Replacement - Forums - T Nation

Note: You can get a very good male panel at lef.org for $200 [for members, join] this month. Value can’t be beat.