KSman is Here

Hey KSMan, just got a lot of lab tests back. You can see them here:

Updated thread

Updated.

You need to be more careful when telling people to load iodine… This is ridiculous… Just cause something worked for you doesn’t mean it works for everyone or isn’t a danger!! I like you but you are stuck on this shit and pay more attention to IR then anything else… This is not solving people’s problems and can make things worse when loading at such a high level.

U say shit like testing for hashimotos first isn’t right or a waist… No it isn’t cause if people have heart palpitations or hashimotos you could send them into a heart attack… That’s Insane… If you argue it just cause it worked for you… Your wrong

Please link to problems with Hachi+IR.

When many have hypo symptoms and history of low iodine intake, it makes sense to address the obvious problem. You want all cases of concern to have thyroid antibody testing?

I have written here before that it is disturbing that we see so many hypothyroid and ID cases here. I have pointed out that his probably does not reflect the population at large, but does reflect on the population of guys to get here via search engines. I am well aware of how this looks and am concerned about how it makes me look like a broken record.

I go after iodine issues because ID is common in society. We can detect functional hypothyroidism with a fever thermometer. We have docs ignoring troubling labs, guys have low body temperatures and some have poor results on TRT, as we do expect with thyroid problems. So when TRT does not work, we need to consider thyroid problems.

Iodine does not cause Hachi’s, but will bring it forward if latent.

This may be bound to happen anyways and can be confused with hyperthyroidism too:
“”"
At some stages of Hashimoto’s disease, however, and in particular, often during the early stages, the thyroid that is in the process of autoimmune failure may actually spurt into action and become temporarily overactive, making a person hyperthyroid.
“”"
More, and there is a lot on the WWW:

I will continue to “screen” for thyroid problems because they are so common here.

KSMan I would appreciate if you could way in on this (2 part question)

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_training_performance_bodybuilding_trt/hcg_troches_anastrozle_and_androgel_protocol_and_2_questions_for_those_who_are_educated_on_this_topic

I here what you are saying about the thyroid issues and agree with you 100% that we seem to see many guys with both problems here. On the other hand I feel 50 mg which is wayyyy beyond the recommended daily dose is to much for some to handle and a guy with thyroid issues may and have ended up in the hospital or feeling very sick for days with heart palpitations and buldging lymph nodes hot sweats. Ect…

You focus more on IR then anything else. People are desperate and will listen cause they have been screwed over by the medical system. This means when you take on this responsibility you must also be responsible with your actions. What I am saying is in the stickies add the thyroid antibodies tests and have the tests on hand prior to starting IR and except the fact that even though it may take a little longer maybe a lower dose over a longer period of time with an added selenium vit c iron ect dose to make sure they are safe while loading.

I don’t have high anti bodies and it had a bad effect on me… This isn’t ok, it’s scary and I’m only looking out for the best interests of people in general and in no way trying to insult you or say your not a good guy cause I do believe you are trying to help.

If you are interested or have any opinions, it would be appreciated.

NOTE: I found that the Iodine I have is very old. I live in regional australia so it’ll be probably another week until I get my hands on some.

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_training_performance_bodybuilding_trt/19_year_old_australia_symptoms_of_low_t

Thanks

Hello KSMAN,

I have brand new blood work and I need your suggestions on how to structure a HTPA restart please:

New labs and comments.

Hey KSMAN - new labs and question on how I should try a HTPA restart on last page

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_training_performance_bodybuilding_trt/pro_hormone_damage_low_libido_27_yo_?id=5423323&pageNo=1

If you would like more just ask. Stop selling 50 mg of the shit please… It’s way to much. Ksman my thyroid may have shown symptoms before IR but it now hurts and is enlarged .the thyroid is enlarged ( goiter) The isthmus is above normal limits. Prominent vasicularity is shown and is inhomogeneous… The hot flashes I got while taking iodine have not stopped.
T3 has risen more out of range and t4 is now at top of range where it wasn’t before. I will post my full new labs soon as I had a ton of new tests done at my request
I don’t do this shit to argue with you I do it for the better interests of others.

Well, you are not representative of what was seen before you had your event. And your friend took the same product and had a similar result. So we can assume that the product could not be a factor? I am not alone in the IR recommendations, I simply adapted what has been common practice as you will find on sites that discuss thyroid and iodine issues. The only thing that will keep you happy is to have all ID candidates to thyroid antibody testing first. Unless you can read something into TSH, T3, T4, fT3, fT4 and body temperatures that creates some distinction. So you want a zero risk environment. I don’t know what to make of that.

I will be happy to suggest that guys taper up to 25 or 50.

You have said many times iodine is iodine… 150 mcg is the daily recommended amount and for some reason it’s ok to load 333 times the daily recommended amount. Did you read the links? You asked me to link… I linked and still your bent on ruining thyroids… I give up … This is a testosterone replacement website…

Although it is great to try and tell people they may have underlying problems. Some of the best endocrinologist in the world can’t figure out the thyroid so seriously what makes you believe you can? This is what I said to the doctor in order for him to order the ultrasound and he admitted I was right an ordered the tests… Do you really think you are a thyroid pro?? Common man.

Also even with The antibody tests which there are many. Some people could be genetically prone to a condition hashimotos or grave and by loading your sending the thyroid into hyper which will bring the condition into full swing where as it may have never came on without the high levels of iodine.

Hey KSman,

You are the guy who is pretty much running this forum. Which books did you read to get your knowledge of optimal T replacement protocols, tests and everything? The ones I read are either for informing the general public of TRT and useless or aimed at medical professionals.

You know what they say. Give the man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime…

IW: Iodine does not case Hashi’s, it only allows the antibodies to cause effects on thyroid tissue that is not iodine deficient. ID induced high TSH may be a risk factor for Hashi’s. Docs? You have seen the labs here that docs ignore, give me a break.

LAS: I have read many books. Some are crap. Doc’s cannot write freely, they do not have freedom of speech. Others have freedom of speech and can provide more useful info. Aside from the books, I have my own years of personal TRT experience and experimentation. I do not recommend things that I have not tried or trash things I have not tried, unlike Dr. Chrisler. I spend a couple of hours a year talking shop with my TRT doc, I think that he has learned more from me than vice versa.

I have one book that is very deeply clinical, so that is not very useful. I have also read books on the male and female brain, explaining the roles of hormones on well being and behavior, effects of abnormal hormone levels, sexual development and brain modeling and decline over time. Those books also explored the roles of neural transmitters. Things like the chemistry of attraction, falling in love, bonding and attachment were interesting.

I have done a huge amount of research reading on the internet.

I do not run this forum. I have been a dominant influence. I had intended to write a book and did ground work, but not really been motivated since my near death medical accident 3 years ago. In writing a book, my objective was to shame the medical profession by exposing their ignorance. If readers can figure these things out, what is wrong with the doctors? HRT can be understood and much easier to deal with than disease processes, interventions and outcomes.

Iodine can induce hashi’s or graves in someone who may be genetically prone to get it who otherwise without heavy loading may not have… Period…

Hey KSman, if you have time, could you check out my updates in my thread?

Not really feeling any improvement with TRT, and considering using adex, but not sure if I should talk to an endo first, or just get on with it.

Thanks!

KS,

Can you touch on what blood markers a doc would use to spot overtraining and/or starvation diets causing guys to become secondary? For those who are unsuccessful in reversing the hormonal damage, without medication, how should they approach treatment? From what I’ve researched a SERM restart should precede HCG and TRT.

Hey KSman, I’ve posted a bunch of updates since you last checked. When you get a chance I’d really appreciate it. I got a doctor’s appointment next week and I’d like to know what to do exactly if possible.

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_training_performance_bodybuilding_trt/19_and_possibly_low_t?id=5580489&pageNo=0