KONY 2012

SEAL Team 6, anyone?

CS

there have already been multiple attempts on Kony’s life that have been unsuccessful. The United States actually has been operating quietly for some time now in Uganda despite what these pseudo-activists think. what people don’t realize is that raising “awareness” or whatever they seem to want to do, will do nothing.

the facts are that until there is a complete overhaul of political regimes in central african nations, this sort of thing will continue. the problem is government over there. talk to anyone who’s experienced africa first hand. things arent as black and white as kony 2012 makes it seem.

all their money goes towards making posters and fucking bracelets for God’s sake. I’m actually going to post a few write-ups that I think shed light on the intricacies of the matter rather well here in a second…

http://visiblechildren.tumblr.com/post/18890947431/we-got-trouble

[quote]JLederach wrote:
there have already been multiple attempts on Kony’s life that have been unsuccessful. The United States actually has been operating quietly for some time now in Uganda despite what these pseudo-activists think. what people don’t realize is that raising “awareness” or whatever they seem to want to do, will do nothing.

the facts are that until there is a complete overhaul of political regimes in central african nations, this sort of thing will continue. the problem is government over there. talk to anyone who’s experienced africa first hand. things arent as black and white as kony 2012 makes it seem.

all their money goes towards making posters and fucking bracelets for God’s sake. I’m actually going to post a few write-ups that I think shed light on the intricacies of the matter rather well here in a second…[/quote]

x9000

CS

with you 100% CS this is all fucking nonsense. people are so blinded by emotion because invisible children shows them sad images of suffering children in africa that they cant think and see the complexities of it all. and yet, we’re the ones who are ignorant because we dont blindly support some shady cause from a less than reputable charity

[quote]benos4752 wrote:

A lot of good stuff. [/quote]

You beat me to the article.

Here’s a pic of the founders of the Invisible Children “charity.” Yeah, they look like their hearts are in the right places.

I’m so sick of people spamming Facebook with this video. My main issue is that Kony isn’t even operating in Uganda anymore (since 2006). The video only barely mentions that Kony and the LRA are no longer in Uganda and mentions it by saying the LRA is “moving” implying the group is spreading and expanding. Also the stats they use saying there are 30,000 children soldiers under Kony, but 30,000 is the estimated number of kidnappings by the LRA over a 30 year span.

So why now all of a sudden is there an uproar over what Uganda is facing? Also, Invisible Children openly supports and funds military groups that oppose Kony’s group. These groups have have been found to be responsible for looting, rape and other atrocities. The article above goes into more why this “movement” is ridiculous.

[quote]UAphenix wrote:

I’m so sick of people spamming Facebook with this video. My main issue is that Kony isn’t even operating in Uganda anymore (since 2006). The video only barely mentions that Kony and the LRA are no longer in Uganda and mentions it by saying the LRA is “moving” implying the group is spreading and expanding. Also the stats they use saying there are 30,000 children soldiers under Kony, but 30,000 is the estimated number of kidnappings by the LRA over a 30 year span.

So why now all of a sudden is there an uproar over what Uganda is facing? Also, Invisible Children openly supports and funds military groups that oppose Kony’s group. These groups have have been found to be responsible for looting, rape and other atrocities. The article above goes into more why this “movement” is ridiculous. [/quote]

Yup.

Picture is hilarious, too.

[quote]gonepostal wrote:

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:
Is there a bounty on this dudes head? [/quote]

Politicians are working on it.[/quote]

Problem solve, drop leaflets with bounty information and direction to nearest American Consulate for reward of bounty. One of kids will probably take it the bounty.

[quote]UAphenix wrote:

So why now all of a sudden is there an uproar over what Uganda is facing? Also, Invisible Children openly supports and funds military groups that oppose Kony’s group. These groups have have been found to be responsible for looting, rape and other atrocities. The article above goes into more why this “movement” is ridiculous. [/quote]

Agreed. The funniest thing is these are the exact same kids bitching on Facebook about the war in Iraq, now they want us to mount a full fledged military operation into Africa.

Obama already sent military advisors to train the Ugandan army, and there hasn’t been a single indication that he’s planning on removing them. The whole movement is capitalizing on white guilt. I’m sure you’ve all read the bit that said this group only donated 30% of the 8 million dollars they collected last year.

[quote]dk44 wrote:

[quote]CSEagles1694 wrote:

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:
OP, was that a troll post?

If not, that has got to be one of the most idiotic things I have ever read on T-Nation.

I am absolutely speechless here. I’m going to go ahead and leave this thread right now, and pray that people with your viewpoint are in the minority.[/quote]

You’re definitely one of the people that posted a Facebook status and think you’re a political activist now, don’t you?

CS[/quote]

I can’t speak for PimpBot, but here are my thoughts…

The whole attitude of “it’s not happening here so it isn’t our problem” needs to go. It is happening over here, meaning we all share this Earth and any wrong shouldn’t be okay no matter how much ocean is between us. Look, I sure don’t want to be the police for the world, but to turn a blind eye to this is crazy. The dude is snatching children up and making them kill their parents, disfigure other people, and fight for a guy hell bent on power. You were born here in America and don’t have to deal with any of the stuff these kids are facing, but for sheer luck of the roll of a dice. You could just as easily have been dealt that lot in life and I would bet you would hope someone would help your plight. Everyone should shut this shit down. If the whole world would come together and shine a light on the evils going on this would be a wonderful world to live in. Evil is winning more and more, it is great that people are shedding light on this, this is a real cause unlike most of the shit we stick our nose in.

The video did make a great point, our gov will never help these people since there is no incentive, which is crazy and shows how backwards this planet has become.

(Not attacking you CS, just giving my thoughts)[/quote]

Ah, dk, I feel your chi…even though it’s a strap on :slight_smile:

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]dk44 wrote:

[quote]CSEagles1694 wrote:

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:
OP, was that a troll post?

If not, that has got to be one of the most idiotic things I have ever read on T-Nation.

I am absolutely speechless here. I’m going to go ahead and leave this thread right now, and pray that people with your viewpoint are in the minority.[/quote]

You’re definitely one of the people that posted a Facebook status and think you’re a political activist now, don’t you?

CS[/quote]

I can’t speak for PimpBot, but here are my thoughts…

The whole attitude of “it’s not happening here so it isn’t our problem” needs to go. It is happening over here, meaning we all share this Earth and any wrong shouldn’t be okay no matter how much ocean is between us. Look, I sure don’t want to be the police for the world, but to turn a blind eye to this is crazy. The dude is snatching children up and making them kill their parents, disfigure other people, and fight for a guy hell bent on power. You were born here in America and don’t have to deal with any of the stuff these kids are facing, but for sheer luck of the roll of a dice. You could just as easily have been dealt that lot in life and I would bet you would hope someone would help your plight. Everyone should shut this shit down. If the whole world would come together and shine a light on the evils going on this would be a wonderful world to live in. Evil is winning more and more, it is great that people are shedding light on this, this is a real cause unlike most of the shit we stick our nose in.

The video did make a great point, our gov will never help these people since there is no incentive, which is crazy and shows how backwards this planet has become.

(Not attacking you CS, just giving my thoughts)[/quote]

Ah, dk, I feel your chi…even though it’s a strap on :)[/quote]

Haha, I did sound like a smelly hippy in that post.

[quote]JLederach wrote:

all their money goes towards making posters and fucking bracelets for God’s sake. I’m actually going to post a few write-ups that I think shed light on the intricacies of the matter rather well here in a second…[/quote]

What a good post.

I can’t tell you all how pissed I’ve been about this fucking "Facbook activisim, which amounts to sharing a fucking video with the caption “OMG! This is AWFUL!” and then going about you day.

In retaliation, I had posted the following:

"While I’m not against the outcry against this Kony character, I’ve gotta laugh when people in this country and on the internets wake up and realize that the world ain’t all sunshine and fucking rainbows.

Where was your “awareness” (whatever the fuck that means) about Sierra Leone in the 90s, Somalia in the 90s, Darfur in the early 2000s, and any other African country that regularly falls apart and kills women and children like its their jobs for a couple of years before things settle back down and Oprah moves on to another “cause?”

The funny part is that if we send some Army Rangers in there to arrest this fucking guy, and shit goes wrong like it did in Mogadishu and two dozen soldiers get killed and these assholes strip their bodies and hang them from a bridge, Americans will look on in horror and say, “OH EM GEE! WHY DID WE GET INVOLVED IN THIS!?? OBAMA YOU SO STUPID!!!”

In short, shut the fuck up. We ain’t the world’s police. You wanna stop this guy, go grab your AK and hop a flight, or fuck off."

I then posted this video, and wrote that this was my point - 20 years ago, these ballsy American soldiers laid down their lives in Mogadishu, and for what? To “save” a place that 20 years later is a haven for pirates and Al Queda.

So we go in, lose more heroes like this by intervening in some piece of shit third world country that is never, ever going to be anything but a piece of shit third world country, and we “save” the people from THIS warlord so they can all be killed by the NEXT warlord.

But the people on the Book of Faces don’t give a shit, cause it won’t be their asses on the line when the choppers go flying in to Shithole, Africa for some mission that has absolutely nothing to do with America.

CS

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
More good stuff
[/quote]

Good post, FI.

He’s already marginalized, he lives in the fucking wilderness and has no political power. Yeah he’s a violent asshole who needs to die, but there are even worse, even more dangerous people in the world.

How the hell did they get this story so popular?

Supporting the current Ugandan government to get rid of the LRA is kind of like telling people to support gonorrhea because it’s not as bad as AIDS

[quote]Bambi wrote:
Supporting the current Ugandan government to get rid of the LRA is kind of like telling people to support gonorrhea because it’s not as bad as AIDS[/quote]

I plan on saying this to as many people as I possibly can from now on when i talk about kony 2012 hahahaha

[quote]UAphenix wrote:

I agree with this that this Kony asshole is one of thousands doing this, but what ever brings attention to the problem, I am cool with. I don’t begrudge people jumping in late here. If the attention can stop it, then I am all for the attention.
The brutality experienced by these Africans in Ughanda, Congo, Sierra Lione, Somalia, Rwanda, etc. is beyond the grossest imagination any horror film. The rapes, the murders, entire towns being shot up ‘for fun’, infant rapes (yes, infants), tortures of various kinds that occur in this region is just beyond all comprehension.

There is no hell hot enough for these cocks suckers.
I would happily flip the switch, fire the bullet, whatever to kills these motherfuckers and I’d sleep just fine. For the record, I am against the death penalty, but only for humans. These dicks make orc’s look like choir angles.

[quote]optheta wrote:
This shit always makes me wonder do people want the US to be the World Police or not? [/quote]

It doesn’t matter what people want, the U.S. is the police of the world. Why do you think Europe is so successful with their social programs? Because they don’t need a formidable army, they will just call us. The only European country who has a half-ass chance at successfully defending itself is England. The rest of that shit is basically token armies. They have enough fire power to help us protect them. Europe’s not the only one, but they are the biggest. Think of the countries of the world that can actually protect themselves? It’s very few and most of them are varying degrees of enemy toward the U.S.

It’s not a role we took, it was forced upon us. But yeah, we are world cops and there isn’t a whole lot we can do about it.

I mean hell, even our ‘enemies’ call us for help. Look at the Syrians, who are they asking help from? Hint, it ain’t Russia, China, North Korea, or Iran, it’s us.