T Nation

Konstantinov 6 Pull-Ups, BW+100lb

Look at how weak he is!! He’s not doing them from a dead hang, he’s kicking! [/keyboard warrior-ness]

Just beastly, and something for us all to aspire to.

Whats the last pulling phase of the pull up use?
It’s like i can get my arms to perpendicular but from there i have problems pulling up.

God damn what a machine.

does he powerlift?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8Xh2tUi1Qc&NR=1

[quote]bignate wrote:
does he powerlift?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8Xh2tUi1Qc&NR=1 [/quote]

Seriously?

I heard he was into crossfit…

but all I can think of when watching that is “one day…”

[quote]bignate wrote:
does he powerlift?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8Xh2tUi1Qc&NR=1 [/quote]

Obviously not…seriously he is one of the best and arguably one of the best deadlifter ever. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GaZXCdVdpc&feature=related

To my knowledge he is a former competitive gymnast who just messes around in the gym during his time off singing the Russian Opera house. He has a very diverse range of talents.

Those are hollow plates, and he’s being pulled up by wires. I thought this would be obvious to everyone: the guy wears glasses, and it’s been proven by scienticians that corrective eyewear causes a weakening of the biceptoric nerve tendons, which are essential for performing pull ups. If he was really doing pull ups with that weight his tendons would be shooting out of his fingertips. Get a brain, morans.

At 80kg I used to be able to do 2 reps with 40kg added - full dead hang to a comfortable couple of inches clear of my chin at the top of the movement.

But then Im weak and fat now… god damn full time work.

I’ll get it back :smiley:

lol thanks for being dickheads, i found a video of him after at a meet

ninearms, I laughed like hell, man.

I had to watch it over. He made it look so easy, I was thinking “damn, there’s no way he’s got 110 on him”.

[quote]benmoore wrote:
At 80kg I used to be able to do 2 reps with 40kg added - full dead hang to a comfortable couple of inches clear of my chin at the top of the movement.

I’ll get it back :D[/quote]

this post belongs on youtube

hate to be a moron or the one who doesn’t get the sarcasm.
but this guy is VERY strong and obviously competes top level powerliting.
The pull-up vid is wicked, but with his bw and the added 110lbs, that means he’s doing pull-up of 372 !!! for 6 reps !!!
is it really fake?

the way his thighs move that supposed 110 plate looks questionable.
but why would a guy like this post bogus vid?

Nah, you’re right. It’s fake. That guy’s notorious for posting fake vids. That deadlift video that someone posted above - it’s real, but the long bar gives him about 350kg, plus the suit another 50kg. Not so impressive now, it it?

[quote]ninearms wrote:
Nah, you’re right. It’s fake. That guy’s notorious for posting fake vids. That deadlift video that someone posted above - it’s real, but the long bar gives him about 350kg, plus the suit another 50kg. Not so impressive now, it it?[/quote]

His form’s brutal too. Rounded back and everything.

Too far man. Rip on his faked vids by all means, but don’t take the piss out of a genetic deformity. The guy probably has to deal with enough bullying without you adding to it. Not cool.

[quote]gi2eg wrote:
benmoore wrote:

I’ll get it back :smiley:

this post belongs on youtube[/quote]

hahaha, that is so true, every post on there starts “yeah man, I…”

[quote]Hanley wrote:
ninearms wrote:
Nah, you’re right. It’s fake. That guy’s notorious for posting fake vids. That deadlift video that someone posted above - it’s real, but the long bar gives him about 350kg, plus the suit another 50kg. Not so impressive now, it it?

His form’s brutal too. Rounded back and everything.[/quote]

I was about to give you the virtual smackdown until I realized that you changed your avatar and it was in fact you. :slight_smile:

Let the sarcasm continue…

I was wondering what the hell he is doing weighing only 119kg in the 125kg class (says his weight on the vid)? Is he cutting, coming off an injury or something?

110lb dumbbell… how much does he weigh? he looks way over 2bills so that’s beastly strength. I can do that (100+BW for 6) but i’m not even cracking 170 anymore.